Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
19 minutes ago, F2J_March said:

@PM HankDid you try calling local RCMP and ask for the update? Local RCMP where you submitted fingerprint should be able to provide a print out of result of  your police record check with RCMP stamp. Apparently, local RCMP have new system in place and they can provide print out on the same day.

@F2J_March  I reside in Ontario and went to my local police station and we don't have an RCMP office in my home town. closet location is 600 km.

@PM HankOh wow! Thats not close. Try to call them and see what if they can give print out or not. If they are able to give a print out, I guess you have to go and pick it up unless they can mail you ( which I highly doubt)

Criminal record check requested from 3rd party finger printing seems to come via mail in a period of few weeks. Its just that the one requested from RCMP is a trouble these days. We do not have other options apart from local RCMP so we are sticking with the doc whatever local RCMP provided.

Edited by F2J_March

3 hours ago, thenextman said:

This is my police certificate and I got it through Reliability Screening this summer

Is my assessment correct?

Kinda coincidental that we both have the same date of August 29, 2022 on our RCMP check, even though my fingerprint was done later on August 5.  I went through a local Commissionaires office and they used "Other" in the Type section.  Unfortunately, I think others are correct, you will have to resubmit the background check so it shows the proper Type.

1 minute ago, Idlewild said:

Kinda coincidental that we both have the same date of August 29, 2022 on our RCMP check, even though my fingerprint was done later on August 5.  I went through a local Commissionaires office and they used "Other" in the Type section.  Unfortunately, I think others are correct, you will have to resubmit the background check so it shows the proper Type.

Coincedence indeed!

I'm visiting the US right now so not able to visit RCMP, but I got my prints done today and overnighted them to Reliability Screening (who I'm now using for the 2nd time and have been friendly, professional and very, very helpful - recommended!). Hopefully my new certificate will be ready before my interview on March 16th (it's cutting it close, but if it's as fast as last time, I believe it should be ok 🤞)

Overall I'm astounded that this is how the process works, and I only discovered this by being a subscriber to this forum thread. I'm questioning what other requirements have silently changed between DQ and interview, and what other documentation snafus need to be avoided....

Timeline

This has got me thinking whether my police check is ok! I went through commissionaires in Toronto and I remember them trying to make sure what they were doing was correct. Came pretty fast though from what I remember. I’ll attach a screenshot of what mine says, but nowhere on the doc does it mention RCMP national repository entire holdings…no interview scheduled yet but hoping to correct it if necessary beforehand! Thanks a bunch

7481BDC7-08F7-4B13-B150-A7A14F030BC1.jpeg

Timeline
4 minutes ago, terter22 said:

This has got me thinking whether my police check is ok! I went through commissionaires in Toronto and I remember them trying to make sure what they were doing was correct. Came pretty fast though from what I remember. I’ll attach a screenshot of what mine says, but nowhere on the doc does it mention RCMP national repository entire holdings…no interview scheduled yet but hoping to correct it if necessary beforehand! Thanks a bunch

7481BDC7-08F7-4B13-B150-A7A14F030BC1.jpeg

That should be the correct one. Above that says:

To whom ii may concern:
Your application for personal information held in lhe National
Repository of Criminal Records has been processed. No personal information about you was found in the National Repository of Criminal Records.
For further information please visit the RCMP website at: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-and-vulnerable- sector-checks
The original fingerprint form containing the fingerprint images used to search the databank has been destroyed.

should also include your name, and date of then fingerprints were taken. 

Timeline
29 minutes ago, mike_b2020 said:

That should be the correct one. Above that says:

To whom ii may concern:
Your application for personal information held in lhe National
Repository of Criminal Records has been processed. No personal information about you was found in the National Repository of Criminal Records.
For further information please visit the RCMP website at: http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/en/criminal-record-and-vulnerable- sector-checks
The original fingerprint form containing the fingerprint images used to search the databank has been destroyed.

should also include your name, and date of then fingerprints were taken. 

That’s a relief! I got the prints done on July 12th 2022.

As long as my interview is before that date this year, it will still be valid right? 

Timeline
1 minute ago, terter22 said:

That’s a relief! I got the prints done on July 12th 2022.

As long as my interview is before that date this year, it will still be valid right? 

Yes the police check needs to be within 1 year during your interview, so you’re good as long as your interview is before July 12th 

Hey all! 

Thank you so much for all your advice and support about the whole police certificate ruckus. An update: I went in for my fingerprints today to get the proper police certificate at a different place in Montreal than I did last time. They said it should be here in 10 days (which is waaaay shorter than the previous place I went to). I will most likely have it well before my interview in three weeks. If not, they will call the RCMP and ask what’s up. I’m so glad I checked the FAQs and made sure I had the right one because it would have sucked to have my immigration postponed because of such a small detail. I can’t thank this forum enough. 

advice to anybody who needs a new police certificate ASAP: make sure the fingerprint place does them DIGITALLY and not by ink. I was told that the reason mine took so long last time was most likely because they were doing them by ink and not by the scanner.

3 hours ago, ShawnK said:

Just checking in, did anyone with a Nov dq date get an interview letter? Last we heard was a Nov 9 individual. 

On their consulate page they state as of Feb 1 they are working on Nov Dq people.

Thanks for notifying about this stat on the consulate page, I had no idea.  https://ca.usembassy.gov/embassy-consulates/consular-operations-updates/

The timeline search is frustrating to use, and it's too bad the operators of VJ don't create a few pages on the data entered to answer your question (like they do for NOA1, NOA2 data), but from what I can scrounge from the timelines:

1335495267_Screenshot2023-02-15173239.png.f7bf8263850de075556be37332fc4a19.png

Based on this and data maintained by @Hawk Riders, Nov DQ's should expect the IL to come any day now...

Edited by Idlewild

Timeline

Just wanted to pop back on here and say hello again! 

I am officially in USA as of Jan 27th. 

Crossing went super well, and I'm adjusting well here. 

My SSN came pretty quick as well! 

I still have all intents to make a longer post about my interview and so on, but just have been so slammed with life the past few months ! 

43 minutes ago, kkeys said:

Just wanted to pop back on here and say hello again! 

I am officially in USA as of Jan 27th. 

Crossing went super well, and I'm adjusting well here. 

My SSN came pretty quick as well! 

I still have all intents to make a longer post about my interview and so on, but just have been so slammed with life the past few months ! 

Congrats, did you just apply for your ssn via the D260 or did you have to go to their office??

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.