Hawk Riders

part IV, the big IR1/CR1 DQ'd message group...

3,005 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

My status changed to refused.  I was issued 2 days ago!!! Anybody know why because I never received a 221 or DS. 

E365A41D-B6C6-4A2A-B363-BD9A50F008B0.jpeg

Oh no!

I’ve seen cases before here on VJ where during Issued (AP), something was flagged that triggered a DS-5535. But never heard of such a case at Montreal before. So I hope it isn’t that.

It’s especially weird for your case to be refused at this point, because it was in final processing not AP.

I hope it is a mistake of some kind. I suggest you email the consulate (sucks that one can’t call).

Edited by From_CAN_2_US

42 minutes ago, Hamlet said:

My status changed to refused.  I was issued 2 days ago!!! Anybody know why because I never received a 221 or DS. 

E365A41D-B6C6-4A2A-B363-BD9A50F008B0.jpeg

I've seen on the Facebook group that this can be normal, where the status will change to Refused, and then back to AP or Issued. I don't think you'll need to send anything additional.

Timeline
33 minutes ago, katcat29 said:

I've seen on the Facebook group that this can be normal, where the status will change to Refused, and then back to AP or Issued. I don't think you'll need to send anything additional.

Hopefully it’s just an administrative thing and all will go back to normal and they will send my passport back with the visa issued. 

Timeline

My interview was October 28, was given 221g and my status just changed to Issued! Anyone know when they usually send the tracking number with the passport? Hopefully this is a done deal lol 

3 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

My interview was October 28, was given 221g and my status just changed to Issued! Anyone know when they usually send the tracking number with the passport? Hopefully this is a done deal lol 

Here was my timeline:

Issued AP: November 4th, (last thursday)

Issued Final Processing: November 10th (wednesday)

Tracking number: November 12th (today)

Passport delivery (expected): November 15th (monday)

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Canths said:

Here was my timeline:

Issued AP: November 4th, (last thursday)

Issued Final Processing: November 10th (wednesday)

Tracking number: November 12th (today)

Passport delivery (expected): November 15th (monday)

Hmm, so there are 2 types of “issued” ? AP issued and final processing issued? 😔 here I thought I was one step away from getting the tracking number lol

31 minutes ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Hmm, so there are 2 types of “issued” ? AP issued and final processing issued? 😔 here I thought I was one step away from getting the tracking number lol

Yes two steps issued ap then issued final processing. Looks like they send our passports Monday Wednesday and Friday’s 

Timeline

Prepping for the imminent arrival of my passport and wanted to tell everyone here that BC's Medical Services Plan covers you for the entire month when you emigrate.   

I was running into issues getting health coverage in the US to start on Nov. 18th when I am hoping to fly down as they would only allow me to sign up as of Dec. 1.   

I had read somewhere on this site that Canada would immediately cancel your coverage as soon as you cross into the US with a new green card as an immigrant but that isn't true for BC.  So, BC MSP combined with my travel policy will cover me for the 2 weeks or so before my US coverage is in force. 

Hope that helps save someone a headache.  

Timeline

I know it’s only been 3 days, but my status still says “Ready”, while someone else who interviewed on Wednesday had a status change already. Patience is not easy. 

10 hours ago, Twiz&Toz said:

Question about moving and the tax... so if I move before I get my last pay and rpp do I have to pay double tax on it? 

I can't comment specifically about your question, but my understanding is that you never get double taxed for Canada USA taxes because of tax treaties. 

That said, tax rules are different between USA and Canada and there are a number of nuances that show up when you cross the border for resident purposes. One example that I learned after I moved to USA (I was previously there on H1B) is your TFSA is no longer able to grow tax free while you are in USA. I learned that one the hard way as I first moved after the stock market had a big dip, meaning that my TFSA was at a relatively lower value when I entered the USA. When the markets recovered, and my TFSA returned to it's pre crash value, it was seen as a taxable increase.  So while my TFSA was truly back to zero change, it came with a big tax bill.

6 minutes ago, CanadianJeff said:

I can't comment specifically about your question, but my understanding is that you never get double taxed for Canada USA taxes because of tax treaties. 

That said, tax rules are different between USA and Canada and there are a number of nuances that show up when you cross the border for resident purposes. One example that I learned after I moved to USA (I was previously there on H1B) is your TFSA is no longer able to grow tax free while you are in USA. I learned that one the hard way as I first moved after the stock market had a big dip, meaning that my TFSA was at a relatively lower value when I entered the USA. When the markets recovered, and my TFSA returned to it's pre crash value, it was seen as a taxable increase.  So while my TFSA was truly back to zero change, it came with a big tax bill.

I don’t have one of those lol. So safe there :) 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.