2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
19 hours ago, marcoisland777 said:

Hello dear family.

Is the first time I will travel abroad with my green card.

I have a question for when reentering the us.  What documents do I need to show to the immigration officer?  Only the green cars or do I meet to show another document as well?

You have to show just the green card and your VALID passport.

Timeline
On 2/22/2022 at 6:31 PM, Mkenyan said:

Yes!! It's a loooong story. First of all it's a miracle me being back in the US, since I traveled out and came back. Secondly l lost my work authorization(expired) after my ex-wife secretly divorced me and kicked me out. It was a very abusive marriage, to date my knee cap is dislocated because of that.....plus other things I can't mention here.

I lost my dear late father last year and l had to take him back to Kenya, just a week before he died. It has been disasters after disasters!! 

After sending my applications back in 2019, USCIS only approved my emergency travel parole that's in 2021, but to date no news or update about EAD or l-360. I have tried everything, reached out to the congressman, ombudsman, wrote un-answered letters to Vermont service center, chat with Emma but nothing!!

My prima facie expired!! Right now I get financial assistance from churches and friends....it's too embarrassing and stressful though!

My last EAD card expired around January 2019. Since then I couldn't replace my CDL license.

But brother, your story(testimony) has really inspired me. I'm always slow about sharing my personal stories, because first of all I'm a man, secondly you never know who might read it and I know my ex she's capable of anything!!

Did USCIS answered your congressperson inquiry? 

Timeline
On 2/22/2022 at 11:49 AM, shiva32 said:

H1b Doesnt interfere with EAD. you have to leave US to consular process h1b if you are out of status. If you are already on h1b status which is not expired, and want to extend h1b for another three years from within the country that is allowed. But getting h1b seems pointless after VAWA approval as one gets C31 EAD with no restrictions on work. AP allows for travel.  

Nobody can have H1B stamped if the person is illegal in the U.S.The stamp is required if the person traveled abroad.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
3 hours ago, trishytrish said:

Can I send you a private message with a copy of the I-360 approval notice? 

Can someone tell me the mailing address for  Form I-485 Based on an approval VAWA.

I love in NYC.

5 hours ago, trishytrish said:

We are listed as derivative children on the last page of the approval notice 

In this case, you have already been approved.

So, just go along with this form i-360 approval receipt notice in all your benefits claims as far as  your name has already been mentioned on it as an approved vawa derivatives.

Edited by Rhema1

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/23/2022 at 11:29 AM, Zzz___1 said:

Great news! 
looks like your case is waiting to be scheduled for an interview. They should send you an interview notice at some point.

Your case should be at a local office associated with the address that USCIS has on file for you. Have you changed addresses? 
do you have a lawyer? 

Yes i have a lawyer.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all! Today I dropped off my medicals in federal Plaza NYC. Followed the lawyer's instructions but when home I recognized that I was supposed to attach on top of the envelope the notice I received. Feel stupid for not double-checking before blindly following what I was told to do. What am I supposed to do now? Can't believe I made my first mistake in the very last step. Please @sandranj let me know if you have tips for this issue. Will this turn into a huge issue? 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
12 minutes ago, gramercy said:

Hello Everyone,

I wanted to share my news with you. I had a very lousy citizenship interview on 2/15/2022  despite passing the test and answering all questions correctly the officer was VERY rude and unpleasant. She questioned my eligibility and insisted on changing my name back to before marriage  I explained that my SSN and all papers in USA have my name after marriage (just a short version of my name, i never took my husband's) and my marriage certificate was signed by a judge and even then she did it incorrectly and refused to even let me answer the question regarding my eligibility.

She gave me a letter stating that I passed and a decision cannot be made yet.

I left the interview very upset and frustrated by the whole situation, just to put it politely she was a despicable person (I hope she was just having a bad day and won't subject other immigrants to this again).

After a week of praying for the best outcome I received the notice of approval, followed by the oath ceremony instructions for next month. Thank God 

Now I have to deal with the problem of correcting my name which I hope someone will assist me with during the oath ceremony.

I am thankful for this forum where I found a lot of helpful tips and support during this journey,  I added my timeline as my signature and hope it will be a useful reference to you.

Best of luck to all.

Congratulations. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hello guys 

can someone tell me what’s the mailing address for  I-485 based on and approved I-360.

I heard the address changed not certainly sure.

@sandranj

On 2/22/2022 at 1:35 PM, God is a good God said:

Thanking God , what a surprise? I'm crying, I am a man.

Many of you remember me. I had a 204c FRAUD CHARGE on my I-130 that came last March 2021 while my i360 was pending already. even @sandranj gave me less than 1% chance. Many people here encouraged me but gave me less chance since I had a fraud charge

I received NOID on my i360 last November asking me a list of things that seemed impossible (I posted my  NOID notice here) but I tried to gather proofs. Sent response to NOID on January 31, 22 and today booooommmm card production.  Applied i360 October, 2019.

Screenshot_20220222-121316715_1_1.jpg

Congratulations brother! So happy for you. You are an inspiration. I am s glad to have found this group. Everyone here is so supportive.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.