2,964 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
3 hours ago, Makanaki said:

Finally got my daughters Green Card in hand!

Thanks @TBoneTX @Zzz___1 @Rhema1  @Demise for your contributions with USPS

You must feel great, and deservedly so!  :dance: 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

Hi Everyone . After 3.2 years my i485 case finally has some movement! These are probably my medicals request, since i did not sent them! Anyone has any idea after how many days should i receive the letter in the mail? i am nervous since idk if they have the correct address on file! Just curios in how many days you got the letter after receiving this? thank you

uscis2.jpg

Edited by Tulucitor

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Makanaki said:

I personally don’t know about derivatives getting PF’s and not the self petitioner, but one thing I know for sure and experienced, it does happen for derivatives to be answered first before the self petitioner. My daughter has her green card and I do not have one talk-less of C31 card…so it does happen 

I need  some advice, so worried. Hello everyone I have a question I’m a vawa self petition,  my problem is I paid  A consultant to help me file form I-360, 485, 131 and 765 all together in 2017,My vawa approved in 2020, however the problem is, my 485 the person I paid to do it didn’t do what suppose to be done, but I’m not certainly sure what she did with my form I-485,  I contacted congress person to find out the status of my case, and I got a reply from uscis that I have to file a new form 485 because of the filing fee which was bounce in 2017, but I got a I-485 receipt notice. I wonder what’s really happen looks like she didn’t pay the filing fee and I didn’t know!!!!!!! and here I am waiting almost 5 years now for an interview and finally herd from congressional of what happened with my case….My question is if I go now an file another I-485 how long this will take for me to get an interview and is their any-evidence I have to send along with the 485 paperwork’s. Do I have to file back another I-131 and i765? I tried to send a massage @sandranj please I tried to inbox you but I think York mailbox is full, at least I know for fact she knows best, please it’s been 5 yrs and over and look what happen now @sandranj

6 hours ago, Jennah22 said:

I need  some advice, so worried. Hello everyone I have a question I’m a vawa self petition,  my problem is I paid  A consultant to help me file form I-360, 485, 131 and 765 all together in 2017,My vawa approved in 2020, however the problem is, my 485 the person I paid to do it didn’t do what suppose to be done, but I’m not certainly sure what she did with my form I-485,  I contacted congress person to find out the status of my case, and I got a reply from uscis that I have to file a new form 485 because of the filing fee which was bounce in 2017, but I got a I-485 receipt notice. I wonder what’s really happen looks like she didn’t pay the filing fee and I didn’t know!!!!!!! and here I am waiting almost 5 years now for an interview and finally herd from congressional of what happened with my case….My question is if I go now an file another I-485 how long this will take for me to get an interview and is their any-evidence I have to send along with the 485 paperwork’s. Do I have to file back another I-131 and i765? I tried to send a massage @sandranj please I tried to inbox you but I think York mailbox is full, at least I know for fact she knows best, please it’s been 5 yrs and over and look what happen now @sandranj

Hi

Sorry for all what you have been going through.

Before having @sandranj , do you have any EAD CO9 category?

For you said you have a form I-485 receipt notice and what is the current online status?

Wich EAD/AP category do you have? These questions will help I guess @sandranj and other experimented members to give their insights 

Edited by Rhema1

Hi All,

I filed VAWA Aug 2020, currently my EAD and AP expire today and I have applied for renewal in Aug 2021 and still waiting for approval.

I understand the receipt came in with 6 month extension and I am fine with it, but I have a 90year old grandma who is sick and I worried if I may have to travel soon. 

Can AP alone be expedited for approval? Somehow having travel parole in hand gives me confidence in the worst situation. I feel anxious with EAD renewal and AP and god knows why I dont see any 2020 approvals yet

21 minutes ago, Varna said:

Hi All,

I filed VAWA Aug 2020, currently my EAD and AP expire today and I have applied for renewal in Aug 2021 and still waiting for approval.

I understand the receipt came in with 6 month extension and I am fine with it, but I have a 90year old grandma who is sick and I worried if I may have to travel soon. 

Can AP alone be expedited for approval? Somehow having travel parole in hand gives me confidence in the worst situation. I feel anxious with EAD renewal and AP and god knows why I dont see any 2020 approvals yet

Yes AP itself can be expedite. You just need a doctor's letter. 

Right now Vermont is approving May and June 2021 EAD/AP. 

2 minutes ago, Varna said:

Thank you, is there a particular format or content this letter should be of? Should I expedite this through congressmen or just place an expedite request on USCIS?

I do not think you can expedite on USCIS website or by calling. 

The best option is through congressperson. 

There is no particular format. Just have doctor write about her current condition. 

10 hours ago, Tulucitor said:

Hi Everyone . After 3.2 years my i485 case finally has some movement! These are probably my medicals request, since i did not sent them! Anyone has any idea after how many days should i receive the letter in the mail? i am nervous since idk if they have the correct address on file! Just curios in how many days you got the letter after receiving this? thank you

uscis2.jpg

Probably medicals, you should receive this letter within a week 

Could you please share your time line and local office ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.