2,964 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, PB7 said:

Dose anybody know if any  2020 case approved yet ??

Haven't seen any yet. 

On what I'm seeing, I have the feeling that they don't really care much about stress and torture vawa filers are going through the process. 

They take too long before adjudicating cases. Not responding sometimes on many of our queries. No hotline by which someone can get them in the name of secured cases. And so on...😔😔😔😔

3 hours ago, RKE said:

My I-360 application is more than 33 months now pending security checks. I don't think your information is correct on this . 

You know you’re past the time processing, you should inquire about your case as out of processing time and probably contact a congressperson. Time processing now is 30 months. 

Is anybody also scared to contact USCIS? I have been freaking out all weekend knowing I need to call them on Monday to ask to expedite my EAD (I have a letter from employer). Now I am so afraid to bother them that I am weighing the loss of the job vs. the stress of provoking the beast lol. Anyone else has this fear? I have a diagnosed PTSD from this whole story and the call is very much so a trigger, even though it seems so minor. 

6 minutes ago, 2020filer said:

Is anybody also scared to contact USCIS? I have been freaking out all weekend knowing I need to call them on Monday to ask to expedite my EAD (I have a letter from employer). Now I am so afraid to bother them that I am weighing the loss of the job vs. the stress of provoking the beast lol. Anyone else has this fear? I have a diagnosed PTSD from this whole story and the call is very much so a trigger, even though it seems so minor. 

As a vawa filers, they will not attend to anything on phone even online. 

They will ask you to write to Vermont. 

Contact your congressperson for that. 

It will be more efficient. 

So don't be afraid to call them. 

Edited by Rhema1

Hi Everyone, 

I had my biometrics scheduled at my lawyer’s at another state, I don’t mind traveling down to do the biometrics do you think that would be a problem, because I know trying to reschedule might cause more delays - my VAWA has already being approved

thanks 

Hi guys just updating you -  I overcame the fear of calling USCIS with some meditation. They just gave me address in vermont to send me request for expedition but at least I have some direction. 

6 hours ago, PB7 said:

50 minutes ago, HustlingStill said:

@sandranj

Could you please let us know how some cases are taking more than 22 months? as you mentioned, in your earlier post that it takes between 19-22 months. 

Most of the cases of people from this forum who filed in 2019... 

Hi Everyone!

Wondering if someone here can help. I obtained my green card through VAWA in 2019 and I'm now getting ready to file for my citizenship.

Which documents should I sent along with form N-400??

Thank youuu!!

@sandranj @TBoneTX

Edited by Ingodshands94
Tagging some members

2 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi Everyone, 

I had my biometrics scheduled at my lawyer’s at another state, I don’t mind traveling down to do the biometrics do you think that would be a problem, because I know trying to reschedule might cause more delays - my VAWA has already being approved

thanks 

@TBoneTX

2 minutes ago, Ingodshands94 said:

Hi Everyone!

Wondering if someone here can help. I obtained my green card through VAWA in 2019 and I'm now getting ready to file for my citizenship.

Which documents should I sent along with form N-400??

Thank youuu!!

@TBoneTX

34 minutes ago, Rosa Garcia said:

Most of the cases of people from this forum who filed in 2019... 

only this forum but in fb ppl getting approved early also, sandranj did mention she had 2020 approvals not sure which months

On 12/17/2021 at 9:46 PM, perseverance_ said:

Hi everyone,

I'm at a stage in my life where I have been completely broken. I've been suicidal, depressed, suffering from chronic trauma. I wake up in the middle of the night covered in sweat, and can't sleep because I'm afraid to keep my eyes closed. I started treatment about a month ago and have been taking medications and going through therapy. My spouse left me about month and a half ago and recently I started to gather some strength to speak with an attorney for a vawa case. I'm currently also suffering from Covid and my appointment is scheduled for next week but recently I saw this update on our I-130 application. "Withdrawal Acknowledgement Notice was sent" We received your request to withdraw and completed our review. We mailed you withdrawal acknowledgement notice. My spouse had threatened me that they would do this because they wanted to get me kicked out of the country but never told me they would do it. They didn''t inform me about the withdrawal and I just learned about it. Status of my I-485 and I-765 is still unaffected. Can someone please tell me what this means? Is the I-130 withdrawal request under process or it has been withdrawn? and what notice can I expect to receive for my I-485? Also, how much time will I have to file for vawa before I'm put into removal proceedings? I deeply appreciate your help in this most difficult time of my life. Thanks

Hi everyone,

I was able to send the vawa package on January 3rd which got delivered on 4th. We also sent hold in abeyance letters to both NBC and Local Field Office that got delivered on 4th. Today my I-485 case got updated to "Denied" and it say notice will include information on what I need to do next. I assume my previous AP/EAD which was still pending is gone now? I don't know when I will get the receipt notice for my VAWA. Is there anything I can do to save my previous AP/EAD application? Does anyone know what is going to happen now in terms of my presence in the country? thanks and appreciate it. 

Even the pills don't help me anymore and I've been trying to keep it together somehow.

20 minutes ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi everyone,

I was able to send the vawa package on January 3rd which got delivered on 4th. We also sent hold in abeyance letters to both NBC and Local Field Office that got delivered on 4th. Today my I-485 case got updated to "Denied" and it say notice will include information on what I need to do next. I assume my previous AP/EAD which was still pending is gone now? I don't know when I will get the receipt notice for my VAWA. Is there anything I can do to save my previous AP/EAD application? Does anyone know what is going to happen now in terms of my presence in the country? thanks and appreciate it. 

Even the pills don't help me anymore and I've been trying to keep it together somehow.

Can someone also please tell me why the hold in abeyance letters did not work? We had sent one to NBC and one to the FO with the VW docs. I feel devastated right now. Everything takes so long with the USCIS but the did not even take a 3 weeks between holidays to deny 485 even after hold in abeyance letters were sent.

1 hour ago, perseverance_ said:

Hi everyone,

Hey friend; hold on and dont stress. Don't worry about your I-485 denial.

May I ask when was your interview? and you did not attend it or attended alone?

Let it go if it is denied. You can file a new I-485 and I-765 and I-131 (EAD/AP combo card). Till when is your previous EAD valid? Do you have 180 day extension?

I suggest file a new one and you will get a new AP combo card once processed. Don't forget to put category C09.

Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or want to talk or vent.

Also, once you file VAWA your status goes to pending and you are not illegal until decision is made. So don't worry friend.

Senior members, please correct me if I provided any wrong information.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

To everyone who's under stress:  rest assured that regular, normal people are thinking good things about you, now and always. :) 

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.