20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hello all,

I had my n400 interview on October 07/2021. I passed the civic test, history test, and English test. however, I need to submit RFE

the agent started the questions about my application. She stated that she notice I answered yes. That I owed the IRS tax. I told her my husband and I have a agreement payment plan, with the IRS. She then asked to see the documents. I gave her what I brought, which was the payment plan agreement, and how much we currently owed. She said this is not what we are looking for. And proceeded to say she’s going to mail me a RFE letter and it will state what she needs. I thought what I had would be enough.

I received the RFE letter 10/15/21 we are trying to get the available documents needed 

If anyone can help in this matter we would greatly appreciate it. I guess my questions are 

If I download a company of our tax return transcript would  that work?

Next step would also be to contact the IRS office for a interview. To get the following. 

a signed agreement payment plan. 

a signed agreement of how much owed or complete payment payed. 

a signed copy of our filed tax return. 1040. If transcript can’t work. 

I have uploaded the RFE letter of what they’re requesting. 

image.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline

You are missing the proof of compliance part. You need evidence that to are making the payments and making them on time.  

Timeline
12 minutes ago, Mike E said:

You are missing the proof of compliance part. You need evidence that to are making the payments and making them on time.  

Yes your right, it said so in the letter proof of compliance. we have been paying monthly on our IRS online account. And we also get a monthly bill in the mail from the IRS showing our balance amount. Coincidentally, we just completed our last payment plan agreement just this month.. so glad that part is over.
(IRS payment)

I will contact IRS for proof of compliance 

Evidence of monthly payments 

Proof  of payment in full/ payed off, nothing owed. 

Thank you.

Edited by Nicky sykes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

While I may not be able to directly answer your question - I can let you know about my experience.

Just like you I too had an installment agreement with the IRS. But in my case, what happened was that by the time I attended the citizenship interview - I actually paid off the rest of the balance I owed - so I took the bank statements to prove that I paid off the entire money that I owed to IRS. The interviewing officer did ask to see the original payment plan we had and the bank statements and that was the end of that.

I would recommend - if you can - to pay off the rest of the balance - for just your own peace of mind.

But I can also understand why you probably entered a payment plan to begin with -so if you can furnish all the documents that the RFE asks you to - I honestly believe you should be good.

Timeline
5 minutes ago, leonidas_alexan said:

While I may not be able to directly answer your question - I can let you know about my experience.

Just like you I too had an installment agreement with the IRS. But in my case, what happened was that by the time I attended the citizenship interview - I actually paid off the rest of the balance I owed - so I took the bank statements to prove that I paid off the entire money that I owed to IRS. The interviewing officer did ask to see the original payment plan we had and the bank statements and that was the end of that.

I would recommend - if you can - to pay off the rest of the balance - for just your own peace of mind.

But I can also understand why you probably entered a payment plan to begin with -so if you can furnish all the documents that the RFE asks you to - I honestly believe you should be good.

Congrats!🎉  

I should have thought of that’

it was after the interview my husband and I said the samething. we should have just payed it off. 

the original payment installment agreement you showed at the interview. Was it mailed to you?

or did you downloaded it from the IRS website?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Nicky sykes said:

Congrats!🎉  

I should have thought of that’

it was after the interview my husband and I said the samething. we should have just payed it off. 

the original payment installment agreement you showed at the interview. Was it mailed to you?

or did you downloaded it from the IRS website?

Thank you.

The original installment agreement/payment plan was mailed to my address by IRS. As far as I can remember, I do not remember specifically placing a request to receive such an agreement plan - but again I may have pressed a button on the IRS website requesting them to send me one.

I wish you all the very best - your situation is really pretty straight forward - as long as you can submit the proof - you should be good to go.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Timeline
On 10/16/2021 at 9:28 AM, Nicky sykes said:

Hello all,

I had my n400 interview on October 07/2021. I passed the civic test, history test, and English test. however, I need to submit RFE

the agent started the questions about my application. She stated that she notice I answered yes. That I owed the IRS tax. I told her my husband and I have a agreement payment plan, with the IRS. She then asked to see the documents. I gave her what I brought, which was the payment plan agreement, and how much we currently owed. She said this is not what we are looking for. And proceeded to say she’s going to mail me a RFE letter and it will state what she needs. I thought what I had would be enough.

I received the RFE letter 10/15/21 we are trying to get the available documents needed 

If anyone can help in this matter we would greatly appreciate it. I guess my questions are 

Next step would also be to contact the IRS office for a interview. To get the following. 

image.jpg

Update: Guys”

I gathered all documents that was requested stated on the RFE letter. I had two option.

1)option was to upload and submit all  documents requested, on my USCIS account.

2)option was to mail all documents requested, to the address, listed on the RFE letter. 

I chose option 2. 
After sending documents. i did not received a notice saying they had received the documents. So, I  waited, and hoping for the best. I kept checking my USCIS account to see if there were any changes, it was kind a nail biting. Lol!

Anyway” I got the best news! right before thanksgiving, saying: they had made a determination, and they had scheduled a interview. I was so happy! 

my interview was on Saturday, 12/07/2021. at 7:am. When I went to the interview I had to take my green card, appointment notice, a pen. And wear a mask. There’s a questionnaire on the back of the notice letter, which I filled out prior to the interview.

the ceremony was short, powerful, and sweet” it lasted for like five minutes.  I had 42 people in my group. Ceremony was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. after the oath ceremony, they said to check to see if everything was correct on the certificate. Then we can leave. and that was it.
And now I am an American citizen!😊🇺🇸 

Thank y’all!
And good luck on y’all  immigration journey.

Timeline
On 12/15/2021 at 10:37 PM, Nicky sykes said:

Update!

Guys” I had my Oat Ceremony on 12/11/2021.

I gathered all documents that was requested stated on the RFE letter. I had two option.

1)option was to upload and submit all  documents requested, on my USCIS account.

2)option was to mail all documents requested, to the address, listed on the RFE letter. 

I chose option 2. 
After sending documents. i did not received a notice saying they had received the documents. So, I  waited, and hoping for the best. I kept checking my USCIS account to see if there were any changes, it was kind a nail biting. Lol!

Anyway” I got the best news! right before thanksgiving, saying: they had made a determination, and they had scheduled my oat ceremony. I was so happy! 

oat ceremony was on Saturday, 12/11/2021. at 7:am. When I went to the interview I had to take my green card, appointment notice, a pen. And wear a mask. There’s a questionnaire on the back of the notice letter, which I filled out prior to the oat ceremony .

the ceremony was short, powerful, and sweet” it lasted for like five minutes.  I had 42 people in my group. Ceremony was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. after the oath ceremony, they told us to check, to see if everything was correct on the certificate. Then we can leave. and that was it. 

Thank y’all!
And good luck on y’all  immigration journey.

Update 

Guys” I had my Oat Ceremony on 12/11/2021.

I gathered all documents which was requested and stated on the RFE letter. I had two option.

I chose option 2. 

Anyway” I got the best news! right before thanksgiving, saying: they had made a determination, and they had scheduled my oat ceremony. I was so happy! 

my ceremony was on Saturday, 12/07/2021. at 7:am. When I went to the ceremony I had to take my green card, appointment notice, a pen. And wear a mask. There’s a questionnaire on the back of the notice letter, which I filled out prior to the interview.

the ceremony was short, powerful, and sweet” it lasted for like five minutes.  I had 42 people in my group. Ceremony was in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. after the oath ceremony, they told us to check to see if everything was correct on the certificate. Then we can leave. and that was it.

Thank y’all!
And good luck on y’all immigration journey.

Edited by Nicky sykes
To correct. Not interview. But rather oat ceremony.

Timeline
On 11/30/2021 at 12:24 AM, Zackiza said:

Any update???

Yes” I had my oat ceremony on 12/11/2021. I got the good news a few days before thanksgiving. I am now an American citizen Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/16/2021 at 6:28 AM, Nicky sykes said:

Hello all,

image.jpg

Congratulations, Nicky! Please tell me how you acquired the documentation that was showing your current status of your repayment program? My interview is coming up in a few days. Thank you for all your help.

Timeline
17 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Congratulations, Nicky! Please tell me how you acquired the documentation that was showing your current status of your repayment program? My interview is coming up in a few days. Thank you for all your help.

Hi

17 hours ago, Elle Worth said:

Hi Elle,

Thank you. it was a exiting moment becoming and American citizen.  

I obtain the documents by logging on to the IRS website. I had created an account prior. 

Documents downloaded and sent regarding RFE.

Tax transcripts 

Tax file/W2. 2019/2020.
Statement of the last payment made to the IRS from bank account. 

also downloaded. the repayment agreement payment history.

which stated. the agree amount owed, and current balance. 

We had owed a bit over $200 prior, to the interview. which I wished, I had payed off before going to the interview.

After the interview they requested Additional information.

I payed the last balance owed. I used bank account to pay. I then downloaded the statement of the last payment made to the IRS. and send.

I kept checking my USCIS account for changes I even inbox USCIS. Regarding the case issue. I was so happy the day I checked my account before thanksgiving and saw that a date was scheduled for the Ceremony🎊 

You got this’ all the best!☺️

3 hours ago, Nicky sykes said:

Hi

Hi Elle,

Thank you. it was a exiting moment becoming and American citizen.  

I obtain the documents by logging on to the IRS website. I had created an account prior. 

Documents downloaded and sent regarding RFE.

Tax transcripts 

Tax file/W2. 2019/2020.
Statement of the last payment made to the IRS from bank account. 

also downloaded. the repayment agreement payment history.

which stated. the agree amount owed, and current balance. 

We had owed a bit over $200 prior, to the interview. which I wished, I had payed off before going to the interview.

After the interview they requested Additional information.

I payed the last balance owed. I used bank account to pay. I then downloaded the statement of the last payment made to the IRS. and send.

I kept checking my USCIS account for changes I even inbox USCIS. Regarding the case issue. I was so happy the day I checked my account before thanksgiving and saw that a date was scheduled for the Ceremony🎊 

You got this’ all the best!☺️

Thank you so much for your response. I have an account on IRS too . Their website is down for maintenance and wont have everything up working again until January 22th. I will check it again that day. It's weird that they dont have all the Return Tax Transcript online. 

I'm happy for your success!

• 1 year later...

Hi hello, i’m in a situation I need help please, I went to my N400 a couple of days ago, and I received a rfe because I owed IRS money, but when I got home  I check my account I saw that my balance is Zero, they took my 2022 refund in applying it to the amount that I owe.  what document should I sent please also my husband made a payment the day of my interview( that payment plan did not reflect our 2021 because we no longer owed IRS for that year) we usually don't file together, it was only for 2021 that we did file together but they took my 2022 refund, now my balance is zero I don’t know what to send to USCIS

7AE1B4CC-721E-4199-85D9-E91D1DF16221.jpeg

Edited by Cacilie

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.