JojoandTomas

October 2021 K-1 NOA2 to NVC to EMBASSY

272 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

She did it!!  Well they said she was approved!  I did not sleep last night until 2:30am central.  But the adrenaline and grace received to me will be the fuel to drive my day today.  The KEV case # did not read anything when she was in the interview (yes I was checking it like i would the WAC # on the app, except this was on the ceac site) last night, but I just checked and it says nonimmigrant AP :).  And it was created today.  That means the visa should issue in the next couple days.  I will provide her review of the embassy process once we talk.  (It was a true Kyiv winter morning and her mom was there holding her stuff while her and son went into the embassy, so yeah I and they wanted them to be back home ASAP.) 

thats great!! CONGRATULATIONS. I really feel so happy for every person that finally are approved because is a long process and its hard being apart from the person we love. I hope we can hear something soon as well 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
6 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

She did it!!  Well they said she was approved!  I did not sleep last night until 2:30am central.  But the adrenaline and grace received to me will be the fuel to drive my day today.  The KEV case # did not read anything when she was in the interview (yes I was checking it like i would the WAC # on the app, except this was on the ceac site) last night, but I just checked and it says nonimmigrant AP :).  And it was created today.  That means the visa should issue in the next couple days.  I will provide her review of the embassy process once we talk.  (It was a true Kyiv winter morning and her mom was there holding her stuff while her and son went into the embassy, so yeah I and they wanted them to be back home ASAP.) 

Congrats Keith, we all know you've been very persistent in this and have helped a lot of people with your research, very well deserved and I hope your future wife arrives soon and safely. God bless you brother

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline
15 hours ago, Keithn85 said:

That's awesome. So happy for you guys!!! A big big congratulations. 

Hello! i have a question i mena we are still at NVC but i am trying to collect the papers i need for the interview. Do i have to bring everithing in original like my Fiance has to send me his documents in original or it can be scan documents?'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Burkina Faso
Timeline
Just now, Bittersweetlovee said:

Hello! i have a question i mena we are still at NVC but i am trying to collect the papers i need for the interview. Do i have to bring everithing in original like my Fiance has to send me his documents in original or it can be scan documents?'

I emailed the embassy and asked them this very question. They told me I could email them copies! So I am going to send copies to my fiancé and to them so they both have them.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

Depends on the embassy I believe. Ours has requested we bring copies AND originals of key documents. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Great news guys, we got our interview for 1/12/22!! Stay encouraged everyone and dont lose your patience or faith, Any questions please ask me as i know a little bit now about the process. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Is there anybody in the same situation where the embassy asks for the documents first in order to schedule an interview?

I have been waiting for 9 days now since I turned in the documents. The USTraveldocs webpage just gives me (since i filed it in early December)

Your request to schedule an appointment has been received and will be reviewed. You will receive an email once your request is approved.

I mailed the embassy about it and they told me to turn in the documents, but isnt that kind of unusual for that kind of long processing time? Any advise lol?

Edited by thekevkev

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, thekevkev said:

Is there anybody in the same situation where the embassy asks for the documents first in order to schedule an interview?

I have been waiting for 9 days now since I turned in the documents. The USTraveldocs webpage just gives me (since i filed it in early December)

I mailed the embassy about it and they told me to turn in the documents, but isnt that kind of unusual for that kind of long processing time? Any advise lol?

I went on the germany us embassy site and saw that fiance k visas are processed this way.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/FRN_Frankfurt.pdf  
This is definitely a different way and I know some other countries process this way, but they look at your documents, once they "approve" then you schedule your interview.  

Ha ok I realized after the fact that I linked the travel.state.gov but that is where I ended up.  If you are talking about post documents sending, then I would blame it on the holidays.  I really dont know outside of that.  Someone in the germany regional sub forum would be able to shed light.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
On 12/30/2021 at 6:01 PM, Keithn85 said:

I went on the germany us embassy site and saw that fiance k visas are processed this way.  https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/FRN_Frankfurt.pdf  
This is definitely a different way and I know some other countries process this way, but they look at your documents, once they "approve" then you schedule your interview.  

Ha ok I realized after the fact that I linked the travel.state.gov but that is where I ended up.  If you are talking about post documents sending, then I would blame it on the holidays.  I really dont know outside of that.  Someone in the germany regional sub forum would be able to shed light.

Yeah makes sense, guess patience is the key for the entire process once more. 😂 thank you for your response :)

- K-1 Visa Journey - 

Spoiler

02/12/2021 - Filed Petition

02/19/2021 - Received Date NOA1

03/19/2021 - Received NOA1 Letter

10/14/2021 - Sent Case Inquiry
10/26/2021 - Received NOA2
11/12/2021 - Case created NVC
11/23/2021 - Case left NVC

11/26/2021 - Consulate Received

12/04/2021 - Received Paket 3 (Instruction)

12/21/2021 - Sent Paket 3

01/07/2022 - Medical Exam

01/24/2022 - Interview Date

01/24/2022 - Approved

- AOS Journey - 

Spoiler

05/03/2022 - Filed Petition

05/12/2022 - NOA1

05/19/2022 - RFE

06/06/2022 - Biometrics

• 5 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Hi everyone,
In a bit of a pickle. Here is my timeline

-Interview: January 11th, 2022
-Medical: January 18th, 2022 (Couldn't get my medical done before as there was a system error from the embassy's end)
-Embassy acknowledged medical on January 20th, 2022

Since then it has been radio silence from the embassy. In the interview, the officer said once they receive the medical they will let me know how and when to submit my passport. 

It was marked refused on the ceac status website from date of interview till January 24th, 2022. Now it says "Ready" again. 

Kind of at the end of my wits, has anyone faced something similar or can give advice on how to proceed?

Thank you very much!

• 3 months later...

Well i think i am the only one in this group still in this long process. In mexico the times take longer but now we are worry we have been like a month "in transit" and normally it doesnt take that long to change to "ready" but there are more people in the same situation as us. I would like to know if i should try to contact NVC? Because i already try to the embassy in Mexico but has been impossible to talk to somebody there.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Bittersweetlovee said:

Well i think i am the only one in this group still in this long process. In mexico the times take longer but now we are worry we have been like a month "in transit" and normally it doesnt take that long to change to "ready" but there are more people in the same situation as us. I would like to know if i should try to contact NVC? Because i already try to the embassy in Mexico but has been impossible to talk to somebody there.

I'm still in the long process!  Got hung up at the medical so we are waiting 8 weeks for that.  As far as your case - I'm sure it is in the embassy's hands as to when they receive.  Have you verified it was received using the DHL hack mentioned in files at front of the thread?  then you would at least know if the embassy received it.  I have had success emailing our embassy and getting an answer within a day.  Not sure if that would help you or not.  But I would try after checking out the hack or verifying somehow if it was received.  Not sure you can use hack backwards.  but DHL should be able to let you know if it was delivered.  good luck.

2 hours ago, SandyR said:

I'm still in the long process!  Got hung up at the medical so we are waiting 8 weeks for that.  As far as your case - I'm sure it is in the embassy's hands as to when they receive.  Have you verified it was received using the DHL hack mentioned in files at front of the thread?  then you would at least know if the embassy received it.  I have had success emailing our embassy and getting an answer within a day.  Not sure if that would help you or not.  But I would try after checking out the hack or verifying somehow if it was received.  Not sure you can use hack backwards.  but DHL should be able to let you know if it was delivered.  good luck.

I tried to check DHL but how i can know if is mine there?? Because i see different packages but idk if one of those is ours. Yeah i will try to email them as well.

THIS IS HOW APPEAR, BUT THERE IS A WAY TO KNOW IF OUR CASE IS GOING IN SOME OF THOSE PIECES?

THEY RECIEVED IT THE APRIL 18, AND THE IN APRIL 22 SOME CASES CHANGE TO READY, THEN THIS PAST MAY 9 OTHERS CHANGES, BUT THERE ARE OTHER GIRLS IN THE SAME SITUATION AS US THAT WE ARE STILL IN TRANSIT.

image.thumb.png.325c8a7319b3272ebe99b7522f45ff89.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.