jojo241

Green card interview

14 posts in this topic

I have been awaiting to call for green card interview in Armenia. Due to the pandemic or something else which I am not aware of I heard nothing so far from US embassy in Yerevan. According to the email I received from KCC all DV 2021 interviews must be concluded by September 30, 2021. I contacted the embassy which was in vain. So I wonder what I should do. Will I lose my chance to get the /interview/visa? thanks

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Yes the 2021 DV visa has to be issued by Sep 30, 2021. Keep trying contacting the embassy. GOOD LUCK.

Spouse:

2015-06-16: I-130 Sent

2015-08-17: I-130 approved

2015-09-23: NVC received file

2015-10-05: NVC assigned Case number, Invoice ID & Beneficiary ID

2016-06-30: DS-261 completed, AOS Fee Paid, WL received

2016-07-05: Received IV invoice, IV Fee Paid

2016-07-06: DS-260 Submitted

2016-07-07: AOS and IV Package mailed

2016-07-08: NVC Scan

2016-08-08: Case Complete

2017-06-30: Interview, approved

2017-07-04: Visa in hand

2017-08-01: Entry to US

Myself:

2016-05-10: N-400 Sent

2016-05-16: N-400 NOA1

2016-05-26: Biometrics

2017-01-30: Interview

2017-03-02: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

This is the USCIS latest update September 12,  2021 on dv lottery

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/diversity-visa-2021-update.html

Did you previously get an email from KCC saying that your documents are processed and your case is ready for scheduling? What did the embassy actually respond to you (waiting for kcc, or what?)

Thanks SusieQQQ, Yes, I received email from KCC saying that my documents were processed and my case was ready for scheduling. I received nothing form the embassy so I called them and they said nothing can be done due to the pandemic.  The problem is that DV-2021 applicants should be issued a visa through the end of the fiscal year, on or before September 30, 2021 and I don’t think they will be able to do all interviews in such a short time. So if I don’t get invited for interview by 30 Sep 21 then will I lose my chance? thanks

17 minutes ago, jojo241 said:

Thanks SusieQQQ, Yes, I received email from KCC saying that my documents were processed and my case was ready for scheduling. I received nothing form the embassy so I called them and they said nothing can be done due to the pandemic.  The problem is that DV-2021 applicants should be issued a visa through the end of the fiscal year, on or before September 30, 2021 and I don’t think they will be able to do all interviews in such a short time. So if I don’t get invited for interview by 30 Sep 21 then will I lose my chance? thanks

The process is that the embassy tells KCC whether/how many slots they have, and KCC then assigns selectees to those slots. So I’m not entirely sure where the process is breaking down here, do you know if other people are getting DV interviews there? From their website it sounds like they are open for routine visa interviews.
One more question, are you Armenian or Iranian (or another nationality?)

Yes, your case has to be approved by close of business for you to be issued a visa. I’m sorry, this is such a frustrating year for so many DV selectees.  

Edited by SusieQQQ

I am Iranian. I am aware some people were interviewed then they stopped the process. This is the email I received few minutes ago from the embassy:

The U.S. Embassy in Armenia has not resumed routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

Unquote

You are right but I just wonder what happened to those people who won’t be interviewed :(

1 hour ago, jojo241 said:

I am Iranian. I am aware some people were interviewed then they stopped the process. This is the email I received few minutes ago from the embassy:

The U.S. Embassy in Armenia has not resumed routine immigrant and nonimmigrant visa services. We will resume routine visa services as soon as possible but are unable to provide a specific date at this time. 

Unquote

You are right but I just wonder what happened to those people who won’t be interviewed :(

If they are not interviewing routine visas there’s nothing you can do (being a non-National might be an issue too, I know it’s unfair when your own country does not have an embassy). People who do not get interviewed or issued a visa in time simply have their cases lapse.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 hours ago, jojo241 said:

Unquote

I remember that last year DV visa's were categorized as priority, non-routine visa processing.  At least, that is how Kyiv handled it.  

You might want to contact the embassy again, this time providing your specific information, including your case number.  They may be able to slot you in.  Worth a shot.

1 minute ago, SteveInBostonI130 said:

I remember that last year DV visa's were categorized as priority, non-routine visa processing.  At least, that is how Kyiv handled it.  

You might want to contact the embassy again, this time providing your specific information, including your case number.  They may be able to slot you in.  Worth a shot.

They were only categorized that way for a few weeks in September after last year's court case was won. This year they have been categorized tier 4 out of 4 tiers. See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html And even the latest court order (someone posted above and asterisked in this link) is not enough to make embassies that are not routinely processing visas, process them.

And again, the embassy does NOT decide on which cases can get visas. It cannot unilaterally schedule a case. It can only tell KCC how many slots it has available. The allocation of those visa slots comes from KCC (based on DQ order for current cases).

Filed: Timeline
11 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

This is the USCIS latest update September 12,  2021 on dv lottery

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/diversity-visa-2021-update.html

The link is correct, but one picky point -- USCIS has nothing to do with Diversity Visas.  The program is run by -- and the referenced link is to -- the Department of State.  It's a small detail, but I don't want anyone wasting time trying to contact USCIS to get any answers/information, especially at this time-sensitive part of the year.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Damn this sux! Covid has affected peoples destinies in many more ways than I ever thought. This 30th September hard deadline with the DV lottery thing is very harsh.

I wish you the best in your immigration journey.

Just another random guy from the internet with an opinion, although usually backed by data!

ᴀ ᴄɪᴛɪᴢᴇɴ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴏʀʟᴅ 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.