seattlegc

N-400 September 2021 Filers

390 posts in this topic

All be filling early next year under the 3 year rule.My 10 yr gc just got approved this month thank😊God.All be filling my N400 early next year before end of Feb.My questions which address do u mail the N400? And how long does it take?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, adipo21 said:

All be filling early next year under the 3 year rule.My 10 yr gc just got approved this month thank😊God.All be filling my N400 early next year before end of Feb.My questions which address do u mail the N400? And how long does it take?

Congrats!

You can file N400 online. Makes it very easy.

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online

7 minutes ago, notantifun said:

Congrats!

You can file N400 online. Makes it very easy.

https://www.uscis.gov/file-online

Thank you. Just quickly cruise through the link u sent me; so mean 2 tell me N400 u  just fill online there is no sending document with mail?😳😳😳

2 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Thank you. Just quickly cruise through the link u sent me; so mean 2 tell me N400 u  just fill online there is no sending document with mail?😳😳😳

No need to mail documents, you can upload whatever documents you have on your online form. 

Edited by Mason_inami

4 hours ago, Mason_inami said:

No need to mail documents, you can upload whatever documents you have on your online form. 

Awesome👌.Quick question do I have to wait till my 3 year mark?or can I just start doing  the process now send it before  mid January ?cause am planning to travel home to see my family. 

26 minutes ago, adipo21 said:

Awesome👌.Quick question do I have to wait till my 3 year mark?or can I just start doing  the process now send it before  mid January ?cause am planning to travel home to see my family. 

I don't know about 3-year rule, but for 5-year rule you can file it 3 months earlier before your 5-year mark is finished. this should also be applied to the 3-year rule naturalization. You can check from this USCIS tool when you are eligible to file: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/learn-about-citizenship/naturalization-eligibility

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
16 hours ago, Mason_inami said:

I don't know about 3-year rule, but for 5-year rule you can file it 3 months earlier before your 5-year mark is finished. this should also be applied to the 3-year rule naturalization. You can check from this USCIS tool when you are eligible to file: https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship-resource-center/learn-about-citizenship/naturalization-eligibility

This is correct, you can apply three months before for the three year rule as well. 

Steps Before Citizenship:

Spoiler

K-1

09/24/2016 - I-129F Packet Submitted, 09/26/2016 - NOA1, 10/27/2016 - RFE Received

11/02/2016 - RFE Reply sent

11/09/2016 - NOA2

11/21/2016 - NVC Receives packet

12/12/2016 - Case left NVC for BKK Consulate

01/10/2017 - After travelling via the slowest route possible (likely via carrier pigeon) BKK Consulate receives packet

01/16/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions received 02/28/2017 - Packet 3 Instructions Completed

03/05/2017 - Packet 4 received (now the fun begins) --> 03/29/2017 - Interview disappears from the schedule on the embassy website -->03/30/2017 - She goes to her interview, is told they need to verify her documents since she is Vietnamese interviewing in Thailand, receives a 221G with 'Verification of Viet documents' as the reason. Gave back her passport.-->03/31/2017-04/04/2017 - Case is being continuously touched. We suspect that our case was approved at this point but they didn't have her passport. --> 04/10/2017 (10 days after interview) - Email emabssy to inquire about updates and if there was anything we could do to move things forward. (3h later) - She is told that she is approved and to expect her passport soon (how when they don't have it in their posession?) After clarification, instructed to send our passport to them. Ship out passport in a rush to beat Songkran (which failed) --> 04/11/2017 - Passport at embassy according to Thai Post Office --> 04/17/2017 - Emailed to confirm they received the passport. They issued an evasive answer about Songkran backlog (they love evasive non-committal answers)--> 04/24/2017  Evening - Case changes from Immigrant Visa to Non-Immigrant Visa and a new case created date is given --? 04/25/2017 morning  (less than 12h later) - Case flies through Ready -->Admin Processing --> Issued

04/26/2017 - Checks mail, passport is there. No mention of it being mailed out. 

05/02/2017 - Arrives in the USA, without Issue

06/17/2017 - Marriage!

AOS

7/01/17- Mailed AOS packet to Chicago

7/03/17- Packet received

07/07/17 - SMS and Email notification of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/13/17 - Received paper copies of NOA1 for AoS, EAD, and AP

07/21/17 - Received Biometrics Appointment Letter

08/02/17 - Biometrics Appointment Completed 

11/04/17 - EAD Approved - New Card Is Ready For Production

11/09/17 - AP Approved, EAD - Card Produced Awaiting Mailing, EAD - Card Has Been Mailed.

11/13/17 - EAD/AP Combo Card Received. 

11/05/2018 - Received SMS Notification that Interview Has Been Scheduled

11/10/2018 - Received Paper Interview Notice

12/11/2018 - Interview Date
12/12/2018 - Approved

ROC

11/18/2020 - Mailed ROC packet

11/20/2020 - Packet received

01/16/2021 - Received NOA1 

05/28/2021 - Biometrics Waived

08/04/2021 - ROC Approved

08/11/2021 - GC received

Citizenship

09/15/2021 - N-400 Filed Electronically, NOA-1 received, Biometrics Waiver Received

07/01/2022 - Interview Notice Received
08/10/2022 - Interview Date, Approved, Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 12/5/2021 at 8:56 AM, adipo21 said:

Create an account with USCIS, then you can fill the N-400 form on line . After you save the file, the system will ask you to upload several documents, therefore, make sure you have those documents in pdf file in your computer. You can download as many documents you have to support your petition.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
10 hours ago, adipo21 said:

Awesome thank you.Can apply for N400 b4 end of January or do I need to wait for till my 3 year anniversary which is in February 28

If the day on your green card is February 28, 2019 (date you entered in the US) as you say, you are eligible to apply now if you wish.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Had my interview today late afternoon, got there 30 min before my scheduled time, i was the only one at the waiting room. The whole process took about 35-45 minutes to complete, first you swear under oath and all then the officer i got went straight to the test to get that over and done with, 6 questions and lucky or not i got the easiest ones :) then the reading and writing off of a tablet that was also fairly easy. The interview took longer on the application part also because i had a family change event to report so i had to explain in some detail what the change was. Officer was super nice, very pleasant and made me feel at ease, no rush and no stress. Once this was done, they handed me the N-652 interview results check marked with passed the test and check marked the congratulations line that i will be recommended for approval and have to wait the quality check to have the oath scheduled. They are not doing same day oath here, what i heard is they scheduling people to early January so i don't expect mine until then. Will definitely update here once i get the oath letter. 

Edit: Documents that the officer asked for right at the start of the interview: Passport, Driver's License and Green Card. During the Application process part: just the family change document. 

Edited by CNMN

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Finally a US Citizen!!!!

I had my interview at 8:40am and took the oath at 2pm. The process was so quick and the San Antonio field office is so organized and very efficient. I took the oath with around 30 people in the ceremony room. All are required mask, no picture taking allowed. We were in and out in 5 minutes.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.