Carpe Vinum

Balikbayan Entry Into The Philippines

37 posts in this topic

My wife and I have not done ROM yet. I know...I know)).  Is it possible to use the Balikbayan privilege just using your American marriage cert now?

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

1 hour ago, Joe Kano said:

ROM not needed for BB Entry

Marriage Certificate works just fine

Are you gonna make a trip to the Philippines?

It's looking like I will be able to retire much earlier than I planned. Like in the next 6 months. I would like to send the boss on a recon mission first to set up a bank account that we can wire funds to. Everything I have read supports that a marriage certificate is all you need-as you said.

Non-Filipino/Foreign spouse4 and children5 or children with special needs5 of a Filipino national

If traveling with Filipino national:

• Foreign Passport only, no visa needed1 (see notes)
  • Any of the following:
    • For spouses: authentic marriage certificate
    • For children (regardless of age): authentic birth certificate
  • Must meet the additional conditions of the IATF-EID3

If not traveling with Filipino national, Filipino national is currently residing in the Philippines at the intended date of travel:

• Foreign Passport with Philippine valid entry visa or long-term visa2
  • Any of the following:
    • For spouses: authentic marriage certificate
    • For minor children only (below 18 years old) and children with special needs (regardless of age): authentic birth certificate
  • Must meet the additional conditions of the IATF-EID3
Edited by boris64

Not a newbie but lost my old info years ago) I have been through this process before --all the way through naturalization-- This site has always been a great help to me. 

8 hours ago, Hank_ said:

Cool!!    Move to the Phils for perpetual lockdowns .. :lol:  

(as Joe said ...  )

Where we will be living they seem to have relatively easy freedom of movement. The trouble is getting there. I spent 6 years in a submarine. Doing 10 or 14 days home quarantine is a breeze.

6 hours ago, boris64 said:

Where we will be living they seem to have relatively easy freedom of movement. The trouble is getting there. I spent 6 years in a submarine. Doing 10 or 14 days home quarantine is a breeze.

Lol. I assume as a bubblehead you’ll be building an underground house shipmate? 😀

19 hours ago, boris64 said:

My wife and I have not done ROM yet. I know...I know)).  Is it possible to use the Balikbayan privilege just using your American marriage cert now?

Yes, I was able to get granted that upon entry. 

On 9/6/2021 at 1:20 PM, Hank_ said:

Cool!!    Move to the Phils for perpetual lockdowns .. :lol:  

(as Joe said ...  )

I just can't get excited about going to Philippines any time soon. I refuse to wear a mask in public unless in an Airport or plane,  I can't do 10 locked down in a hotel upon entry.

Then I hear many of the bars and nightclubs are closed, I enjoying partying till the sun come up in Manila area.  I hope maybe after the Presidential Elections things will loosen up in the Philippines.

Once I arrive in Philippines I am usually on a plane after about 5 days in a city and on to new city for a new adventure

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Joe Kano said:

I refuse to wear a mask in public unless in an Airport or plane, 

How do you feel about the required face shields as well as the mask.  Hahahahahaha.  

15 hours ago, boris64 said:

Doing 10 or 14 days home quarantine is a breeze.

Expect at least 7-10 days in a hotel before heading home for the remainder.  Find a hotel with a decent internet and bring a Firestick.  Worked for me in February.  Hoping it's not worse when I go back in January.

27 minutes ago, Skyman said:

How do you feel about the required face shields as well as the mask.  Hahahahahaha.  

Expect at least 7-10 days in a hotel before heading home for the remainder.  Find a hotel with a decent internet and bring a Firestick.  Worked for me in February.  Hoping it's not worse when I go back in January.

The US is not on the “green” list so quarantine is 10 days in a hotel plus 4 at home but I don’t think anyone is checking in on the 4 days at home. However that may be different depending on LGU. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

26 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Expect at least 7-10 days in a hotel before heading home for the remainder.

Currently for US it is 10 days quarantine vaccinated or not. Only "green" countries can have 7 days, with quarantine and 10 days without. US will be in the "yellow".

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
54 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Currently for US it is 10 days quarantine vaccinated or not. Only "green" countries can have 7 days, with quarantine and 10 days without. US will be in the "yellow".

54 minutes ago, flicks1998 said:

The US is not on the “green” list so quarantine is 10 days in a hotel plus 4 at home but I don’t think anyone is checking in on the 4 days at home. However that may be different depending on LGU. 

Like I said, expect 7-10 hotel and the rest at home.  He's talking about December so the current rules don't much matter.

When I went back in February it was 7 in the hotel and 9 at home according to our LGU but the house Q consisted of a daily txt from for the Barangay Health lady asking me my temp.

17 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Like I said, expect 7-10 hotel and the rest at home.  He's talking about December so the current rules don't much matter.

When I went back in February it was 7 in the hotel and 9 at home according to our LGU but the house Q consisted of a daily txt from for the Barangay Health lady asking me my temp.

Which is a continuous regression each month. Last December on arrival I did a PCR test and quarantined for 24 hours. Once the results came back the next morning I was free to go. There was no follow up by anyone.  Nobody even knew I was back.  If things continue they may implement what China is doing which is 21 days. 🤣🤣.  Although I have to say I enjoyed being chased by security guards when exercising outside to make sure I put my face mask and shield on. 🤣

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.