Nicky83

Marriage and visa b2 ?

42 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

VWP is for visiting and very limited business activities.

The visa to go to school is the F1.

VWP confers no rights to work.

VWP admittance is for 90 days.

They not on visa waiver :)

school is in place and my daughter is working in walmart

Edited by Nicky83
Edit

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

So how did they enter?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

So how did they enter?

Visas and alot of people to get intouch with both in the UK  & USA.

Im their official sponsor too . I have legal custody also 

As you know if not here legally they couldnot attend school or work .

Online learning was for him to catch up a little before going into school which hes now done 

Again everything here is legal so no reason to discuss . My goal was for info regarding other half :) hence leaving the other thread and gathering info 

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

This is hardly difficult, so if they entered on a visa, which one?

You said it was done in a couple of months and immigrant visa's take much longer.

You previously mentioned ESTA which meant using the VWP,  by definition not a visa.

If mention esta my mistake . Esta was for my other half not my kids .

Ill gather all the stuff and post .

This was all legal . Hence children in work and school . Yes they can be kicked out if dont do what is asked and that was even said to them on the interview on day 2 of arrival 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Iran
Timeline

No one here is jealous that your children are living in the US with you we are just trying to prevent future issues for you and them. 

If they had come on an immigrant visa they would automatically become US citizens when they entered the country.

If you file now to adjust status for the 15 year old they will become a US citizen upon approval. Minimal work to obtain US citizenship for the child. 

The only visa I can find that would allow them to stay here for an extended time would be a student visa. It is possible they obtained that but for high school student they are not work authorized. And of course they would have to have a social security number to work so I have no idea how they obtained that. That is why we are confused and asking that you look in their passport to see what visa they come on. We would hate for the children to be banned from the US because they overstayed or violated their visa.

Yes of course there are many ppl who are not legal residents who attend school here and work here. 

55 minutes ago, belinda63 said:

No one here is jealous that your children are living in the US with you we are just trying to prevent future issues for you and them. 

If they had come on an immigrant visa they would automatically become US citizens when they entered the country.

If you file now to adjust status for the 15 year old they will become a US citizen upon approval. Minimal work to obtain US citizenship for the child. 

The only visa I can find that would allow them to stay here for an extended time would be a student visa. It is possible they obtained that but for high school student they are not work authorized. And of course they would have to have a social security number to work so I have no idea how they obtained that. That is why we are confused and asking that you look in their passport to see what visa they come on. We would hate for the children to be banned from the US because they overstayed or violated their visa.

Yes of course there are many ppl who are not legal residents who attend school here and work here. 

Something is not right here, not sure what but OP’s brother organizing the visas in a couple of months (doesn’t matter how many people anyone spoke to)  makes me think that they do not have the kind of status that OP thinks they have. It’s  particularly worrying when there are kids involved because of course they just assume everything the adults do is correct.

7 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

There are millions of illegal aliens in the US who are working.  Illegally, of course, but still working, and in many cases, even paying US taxes.  Also, public high schools generally cannot refuse enrollment based on immigration status.  So it's definitely possible for children under 21 to be working or in school while staying in the US illegally.

Not sure why you keep dodging the question of which visa your kids used to enter the US.  There is no US immigrant visa that can be processed in the UK within 2 months.  Also no non-immigrant visa that will let your non-US citizen child work in Walmart legally without applying for a work permit.

We understand that this is not what you want to hear, but we are just trying to help you sort out your family's immigration issues.  We cannot do that effectively when all we have is fragmented or contradicting information about your situation.

Edited by Chancy
clarification

11 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

This was all legal . Hence children in work and school . Yes they can be kicked out if dont do what is asked and that was even said to them on the interview on day 2 of arrival 

If you are a citizen then the children should have become citizens when they arrived.  Not sure what type of interview they would have had one day 2 after arrival.

In anycase the options for your fiance are either a spousal or fiance neither of which are quick .  Hopefully you got the kids over here on the correct path as well.

March 2, 2018  Married In Hong Kong

April 30, 2018  Mary moves from the Philippines to Mexico, Husband has MX Permanent Residency

June 13, 2018 Mary receives Mexican Residency Card

June 15, 2018  I-130 DCF Appointment in Juarez  -  June 18, 2018  Approval E-Mail

August 2, 2018 Case Complete At Consulate

September 25, 2018 Interview in CDJ and Approved!

October 7, 2018 In the USA

October 27, 2018 Green Card received 

October 29, 2018 Applied for Social Security Card - November 5, 2018 Social Security Card received

November 6th, 2018 State ID Card Received, Applied for Global Entry - Feb 8,2019 Approved.

July 14, 2020 Removal of Conditions submitted by mail  July 12, 2021 Biometrics Completed

August 6, 2021 N-400 submitted by mail

September 7, 2021 I-751 Interview, Sept 8 Approved and Card Being Produced

October 21, 2021 N-400 Biometrics Completed  

November 30,2021  Interview, Approval and Oath

December 10, 2021 US Passport Issued

August 12, 2022 PHL Dual Nationality Re-established & Passport Approved 

April 6,2023 Legally Separated - Oh well

3 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you are a citizen then the children should have become citizens when they arrived.

Yes, assuming the kids entered the US with immigrant visas and the older child was below 18 years old at that time.  Unclear at this point what visa (if any) the kids used to enter the US.

21 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

If you are a citizen then the children should have become citizens when they arrived.  Not sure what type of interview they would have had one day 2 after arrival.

In anycase the options for your fiance are either a spousal or fiance neither of which are quick .  Hopefully you got the kids over here on the correct path as well.

Specifically, they would have become citizens if under 18 (one isn’t now but unclear if was then) and entered as LPRs. If they became citizens this way, or even if the one was 18 and still just an LPR, then

22 minutes ago, Paul & Mary said:

they can be kicked out if dont do what is asked 

just doesn’t make sense. I am also very curious to know what interview on day 2 and who was interviewing. OP as mom said she sponsored them, but given everything else she said that doesn’t seem to be as LPRs, so….what could she have sponsored them for?

If they are not LPRs and on student visas that allow them to attend school, working at Walmart is illegal. If they are on some other kind of visa that allows them to school and work… can anyone figure out what this might be?

Something is just not adding up. OP doesn’t seem clear on what visa they entered and the various descriptions she has given don’t lend themselves to any obvious visa that I can think of.

13 hours ago, Nicky83 said:

Visas and alot of people to get intouch with both in the UK  & USA.

Im their official sponsor too . I have legal custody also 

Online learning was for him to catch up a little before going into school which hes now done 

Again everything here is legal so no reason to discuss . My goal was for info regarding other half :) hence leaving the other thread and gathering info 

Kind of like how in your world, one can become a GP without going to medical school 😉

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.