Nicky83

Marriage and visa b2 ?

42 posts in this topic

Changing course here and looking at options .

I was born in the USA although my family are Spanish / English.

I was brought up in Spain and England . 

6 year ago i moved to the USA . Im a nurse and have been for over 20 years . 

Been dating a guy met online . Both met each others parents . They are all in the Uk .

I have two kids in the UK who stayed with their father. We have been divorced over 5 years .

My kids have recently been brought to stay with me in the USA . Happend over the course of a couple of months thanks to my brother . Kids are 18 and 15. In school and working already.

My other half is in the UK . Met online before lockdown . Visited the uk a few times . 

Not alot since lick down up untill recently where i flew over and now im back in the USA  i find that we are pregnant. 

My other half has various history when he was younger with a string of driving offences . We all make mistakes but he was silly at the time .

Between 1995 and 2002

2 driving without license

2 dui which involved a 6 week jail time

1 x abh for protecting his daughters mum but he got charged for it

2013 driving class 2 when only entitled to drive upto 7 5 tonne  cherry picker

Banned and fined

So we are wondering if to marry asap .

I come over to the UK . We marry and file for spousal visa

I also file for any waiver of admisability .

What is the process ?

Is he better aplying for a b2 in the mean time and what are his chances . If he fails do i fill out a waiver also or would that be only if we were married ? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

I 601 is the immigrant waiver and will be requested by the CO at the time of the interview.

D3 is the non immigrant visa and is not something you submit, assuming the CO considers the visa is otherwise approvable the CO will file it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, Boiler said:

I 601 is the immigrant waiver and will be requested by the CO at the time of the interview.

D3 is the non immigrant visa and is not something you submit, assuming the CO considers the visa is otherwise approvable the CO will file it.

So the I 601 would be needed in place for his b2 aplication ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this looks like post shown here 2 days ago

waiver for CR1 is not filed with petition /  filed after interview as i understand it

Typically, you can use Form I-601 to file for a waiver if: You are an applicant for an immigrant visa or the K or V visas, and you are outside the United States, have had a visa interview with a consular officer, and during the interview, you were found to be inadmissible.

him getting a tourist visa -that's up to CO in embassy but can be turned away at POE 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

B2 is a non immigrant visa.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

waiver for CR1 is not filed with petition /  filed after interview as i understand it

Typically, you can use Form I-601 to file for a waiver if: You are an applicant for an immigrant visa or the K or V visas, and you are outside the United States, have had a visa interview with a consular officer, and during the interview, you were found to be inadmissible.

him getting a tourist visa -that's up to CO in embassy but can be turned away at POE 

So we marry . I return to usa and we file for spousal visa . If thats refused then i aply for the waiver or knowing his history i apply for spousal at the same time of the waiver ? 

Yes we knkw he can still be turned away before entering the USA on b2 especially if we are married .

For b2 in the uk any one know the lead time as we know he will prob be inadmissable so would i then file for a waiver if we are married at the time 

Or should or could he apply now . ? 

Again lead time idea ?

2 minutes ago, Boiler said:

B2 is a non immigrant visa.

Yes but is he better trying for that now or wait untill we are married ? 

He won’t get a B2 visa. Focus on immigrant visa and I-601 waiver down the road. 

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

So this is if we apply for a marriage based visa ? 

What your saying is he would be denied during interview 

I would then file a waiver ?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
42 minutes ago, Nicky83 said:

So this is if we apply for a marriage based visa ? 

What your saying is he would be denied during interview 

I would then file a waiver ?

REfused  is the term embassy uses if asking for the I 601 and case is waiting for the form

Denied is said when embassy has actually denied the petiton and sent back to US

i do not have experience in this so i stand corrected by VJ members if i have said wrong

1 hour ago, Nicky83 said:

Nope that was him using his esta visa . Completly different and trying to sort legally 

🙄 same wife same husband same problems same issue of how to get him here… .

6 hours ago, JeanneAdil said:

REfused  is the term embassy uses if asking for the I 601 and case is waiting for the form

Denied is said when embassy has actually denied the petiton and sent back to US

i do not have experience in this so i stand corrected by VJ members if i have said wrong

Thank you . That makes sense

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.