J&D1008

August 2021 K1 Filers - I129F

633 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

Did you send any email to nvcresearch@state.gov and ask ? Or you just called uscis and asked them ?

We can't call NVC...they don't accept incoming calls "because of covid". We emailed a few times over the past few weeks and get back a no-info form response back saying to respond after 6 weeks from Noa2 (even though we didn't email prior to 6 weeks - it was 10+ weeks past!).

On 12/27/2022 at 7:20 AM, Mar_ia said:

Based from my observation, it takes 2-3 months for NVC to create a case for the petition and have the status Case Ready.

I don't monitor though the timeline of processese such as: NVC receipt of the petition from USCIS, NVC Case Review time, Change from assigning case# to in transit to case ready. 

I'm not looking for creating a case and having it ready, just if NVC has received the case yet. It's ok if you don't monitor it - I was just trying to figure out if anyone who got their Noa2 around the same time we did (mid-October) hasn't gotten it received by NVC yet.

19 minutes ago, Daisy.Chain said:

We can't call NVC...they don't accept incoming calls "because of covid". We emailed a few times over the past few weeks and get back a no-info form response back saying to respond after 6 weeks from Noa2 (even though we didn't email prior to 6 weeks - it was 10+ weeks past!).

My friend. I know it. I just asked. If the person called the uscis and asked it! 

2 minutes ago, fenerbahce1907 said:

My friend. I know it. I just asked. If the person called the uscis and asked it! 

You mean the USCIS general number? No info there either. :(Sorry I didn't understand what you were saying!

Edited by Daisy.Chain

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I'm not looking for creating a case and having it ready, just if NVC has received the case yet. It's ok if you don't monitor it - I was just trying to figure out if anyone who got their Noa2 around the same time we did (mid-October) hasn't gotten it received by NVC yet.

Yeah the 2-3 months NVC case creation means they received the petition from USCIS. So if you received your NOA 2 mid October, the prediction is you might have a case # by mid Jan. 2023 at the most. 

From my end I am expecting a case# by mid Feb. following that timeline. By logic, the most important thing is to get the case# generated. I mean, I don't see the petition going anywhere else aside from NVC. They do batch processing just looking at the approval style, which is why you will see Aug. that was approved around end of Oct. and some Aug. petitioners that got approved just yesterday (Dec.).  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I think that 91 days for just about anything is awful...but they did receive it, right? What is your 91 days counting toward, specifically? (And thank you!)

We've emailed several times and they haven't even received it yet :(

Oh no! 75 days for them not even receiving it is awful! Have you tried calling USCIS to see when/if they sent it?

The 91 days (92 now) is since NOA2. 

I email the Public Inquiry Form as well as NVCResearch almost every week, and got a response on Nov 3rd that they hadn't yet received it, then I got another response on Nov 10th saying they received it and its awaiting entry into their systems. So my case arrived to them sometime between 37 and 44 days after NOA2.

So assuming they received it on Nov 10th - I'm at 49 days of waiting for my number since they received my case.

This whole process sucks

42 minutes ago, Mar_ia said:

Yeah the 2-3 months NVC case creation means they received the petition from USCIS. So if you received your NOA 2 mid October, the prediction is you might have a case # by mid Jan. 2023 at the most. 

From my end I am expecting a case# by mid Feb. following that timeline. By logic, the most important thing is to get the case# generated. I mean, I don't see the petition going anywhere else aside from NVC. They do batch processing just looking at the approval style, which is why you will see Aug. that was approved around end of Oct. and some Aug. petitioners that got approved just yesterday (Dec.).  

I'm waiting for them to receive the case.

33 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Oh no! 75 days for them not even receiving it is awful! Have you tried calling USCIS to see when/if they sent it?

The 91 days (92 now) is since NOA2. 

I email the Public Inquiry Form as well as NVCResearch almost every week, and got a response on Nov 3rd that they hadn't yet received it, then I got another response on Nov 10th saying they received it and its awaiting entry into their systems. So my case arrived to them sometime between 37 and 44 days after NOA2.

So assuming they received it on Nov 10th - I'm at 49 days of waiting for my number since they received my case.

This whole process sucks

Yeah. :(

NVC responded that they HAVE the papers, they just haven't processed the receiving paperwork. :( :(

14 minutes ago, Daisy.Chain said:

I'm waiting for them to receive the case.

It seems strange to see so many have the case received by NVC in 6-8 weeks and still be waiting at 12 plus. I'm not sure where the January number comes from - are you estimating that  that is for NVC receiving  the case or for the consulate receiving it?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
20 hours ago, Tamashii95 said:

Hi friends!! 
we got accepted today!! 
we received our NOA1 on September 1st 2021 and officially waited 485 days! This still feels like a dream!

Congrats! We share an NOA1 date and this gives me hope!

19 hours ago, Daisy.Chain said:

You mean the USCIS general number? No info there either. :(Sorry I didn't understand what you were saying!

No problem it is okay , but i'd suggest you to call uscis again and ask again , i got the info that way. First we called they said , we can't share any info , called again , they said same,

and we called one last time , the officer shared some info and it was useful for us. Wish you luck

On 12/28/2022 at 8:11 AM, Daisy.Chain said:

The NOA2 for my fiancé and me was approved on October 17, 2022.  We are also in the same situation -  just wondering where the case is at.

The NVC auto-replies to email that our case has been received but is awaiting data entry into their system.

Called the USCIS today after 75 days since NOA2 approval, and they say it doesn’t show as sent to NVC in their system.  The woman said it can take 90 days to transfer to the NVC and have a case created.

Curious if anyone knows how the transfer from USCIS to NVC occurs?  Is it a physical transfer of documents, or electronic, or some of both?  Just wondering why it takes 90 days to transfer?

It’s just frustrating because the NVC website currently says they are working on cases “received” on November 3, 2022.  But that means nothing unless you know when your case was received by the NVC, or even when it was, or will be sent.

Edited by Oryx

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.