Ana A

No case update after biometrics appointment

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Ana A said:

Hi. Ive had my biometrics appointment like 2 weeks a go but my case status hasnt changed. I see people here get the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" update just after a few days after the appointment and I havent. I wonder if this is normal? Thank you in advance.

Two years ago, my husband's biometrics was in July and his interview wasn't scheduled until December. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
28 minutes ago, Ana A said:

Hi. Ive had my biometrics appointment like 2 weeks a go but my case status hasnt changed. I see people here get the "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview" update just after a few days after the appointment and I havent. I wonder if this is normal? Thank you in advance.

The bolded will stay and be there until your interview. Sometimes it stays like that for 1+ years. It does not mean anything

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

17 minutes ago, Timona said:

The bolded will stay and be there until your interview. Sometimes it stays like that for 1+ years. It does not mean anything

Yes. its just its maybe a peace of mind to see the new update, that your biometrics are already done and that your case is ready even if you have to wait a lot for an interview. I was wondering why it wasnt my case.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

A friend's biometrics update was not updated  to reflect "fingerprints were taken" for 4 months till a week before they produced his AP/ EAD Combo. So worry not.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

I've had my GC for over 2 years and my status is still "case received".

(It doesn't have to change at all).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
16 hours ago, Ana A said:

It's all about timing.  As mentioned before, some people dont have theirs updated at all.  Even after my wife's GC was approved, it never updated for the longest time.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.