ishmeal

Has anyone one in the group had dual interview with their spouse which is requested by the us embassy I need help with my case

22 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Am surprised why the embassy requested dual interview with my wife after I had been interviewed in February 12th 2018 and February 11 2020 which I was refused  based on public charge and I emailed the embassy in March 3rd 2021 to let them know that I will continue with my case and the response I had that my case was currently refused under administrative process after few days the embassy Accra requested dual interview with my wife on April APRIL 14th 2021.My wife was interviewed on the phone she answered all the questions and I was interviewed as well and answered all questions after the interviewed the Officer told us we will hear from them since April 14th 2021 we havent heard anything we inquired and the response was the screenshot displayed can anyone tell me what is about and is there any chance of approving my Visa thank you .20210817_115459.thumb.jpg.d1080a8c8c2367f0603e841f63b61eea.jpg

Edited by ishmeal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

This is very rare.  I can count the number of times I have seen this on one hand.  It seems, to me, that they are investigating something specific.  Only time will tell.  Good luck.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

if the embassy thought u would be public charge back in 2018,  they must have questioned her ability to support u 

Now they are checking on agencies in the US 

IS she living in public housing?

is she on Medicaid?

is she getting food stamps?

is she getting any kind of monetary help from her county or state?

Does she work and have the 125 % income requirement to sponsor you?   Look at the copy of IRS tax returns she sent to figure this out

Timeline

Well I had submitted new joint sponsor in 2019 and I overcome the public charge was told to rescheduled new appointment and update my medical and police report I did everything during the interview the CO refused my Visa base on the same public and this year I emailed them that I will continue with my case and they told me my case is currently refused under administrative proces that they do not need any documents from me after few days in March 3 I got email that they want to interview my wife and I,we were both interviewed and they told us we will hear from them my wife is not on public housing she stays in her family house,she is not on food stamps and she works too.in 2021 they requested me to bring our on going relationship documents not the ones I represented in my previous interview I brought the docs but they did not look at them

Edited by ishmeal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
7 hours ago, ishmeal said:

Well I had submitted new joint sponsor in 2019 and I overcome the public charge was told to rescheduled new appointment and update my medical and police report I did everything during the interview the CO refused my Visa base on the same public and this year I emailed them that I will continue with my case and they told me my case is currently refused under administrative proces that they do not need any documents from me after few days in March 3 I got email that they want to interview my wife and I,we were both interviewed and they told us we will hear from them my wife is not on public housing she stays in her family house,she is not on food stamps and she works too

This is all irregular.  But, then, some cases take longer.  Good luck.

Edited by Crazy Cat

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Looks like a case of extended administrative processing, it could be related to background checks from the wording of the message.  Sometimes these take weeks, months, even longer in some cases.  If the joint sponsor you found was qualified and had (and still has) a strong, stable, income, that should not be the reason for the delay.  The second interview, with your US spouse on the phone, indicates that they may have doubts that your marriage relationship is bona fide.  Are there any red flags in your case, such as a large age gap?  How much time, in-person, have you spent together?  What documents were submitted as evidence of the marriage relationship?  Have you ever applied for a visa to enter the US before?  More information would be helpful to give you better advice on what could be going on and the possible reasons for the delay.  You will just have to wait it out until you get an answer from the embassy.  Can she visit you while you wait?  Good luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So the refused visa was AP and you provided the documents that they requested. During AP they interviewed your wife over the phone and you once again. Now you're in AP again and you just have to wait. The good news is they are working on your case bad news it still means it can take awhile.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

@Carmel34 thank you for your response well it been 5months now we havent heard from them and the joint sponsor I submitted was qualified joint sponsor in 2019 and the second interviewed I took on going relationship documents with me but CO never ask for it to look on them I took screenshot of our convos,screenshots of video call,screenshots of world remit to show evidence that my wife sends me money and my wife is 43yrs and am 32 yrs the age gap is 11 years.my wife visited me 4 times her first visit she spent 14 days,second time she spent 28 days,third visit   1 month and four time 28 days and now she is planning to visit me in two months time.i have submitted plenty pictures,whatsssap chat,fb chats,plane tickets,evidence of paper showing that my wife has lost pregnancy in 2016,screenshot of video calls,western union papers,letters exchange together etc.i.never apply for us embassy but I have traveled to south Africa and spent 1month.

Timeline

@Ontarkiethank you the response yes my Visa case was AP for now and they took the requested on going relationship with me on my second interviewed but they did not ask it for them to have a look at them and after the interviewed they told me we will hear from them and right now we dont knoe how long we have to wait to hear from them and what is the difference between administrative review and additional process are they the same?And do they requested for dual interview?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ishmeal said:

@Ontarkiethank you the response yes my Visa case was AP for now and they took the requested on going relationship with me on my second interviewed but they did not ask it for them to have a look at them and after the interviewed they told me we will hear from them and right now we dont knoe how long we have to wait to hear from them and what is the difference between administrative review and additional process are they the same?And do they requested for dual interview?

Dual interview is not common but it does happen. Administrative review and AP are the same. It can be either they are waiting on supervisor review or background checks. Remember that the background checks probably were not completed or even started if your case was denied for public charge. So if this last dual interview and public charge issue was cleared up then they will begin the background checks. That can take as long as it takes., non of us can give you anything other then pure guess on how long it takes. Just try to have your wife touch base with them every now and again. 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

Thank you for ur further explanation.am hoping  and praying that I hear a good news soon to be with my lovely wife we been fighting for so long since 2018 my case has been stuck at the embassy....

Timeline
On 8/17/2021 at 11:49 PM, Ontarkie said:

Dual interview is not common but it does happen. Administrative review and AP are the same. It can be either they are waiting on supervisor review or background checks. Remember that the background checks probably were not completed or even started if your case was denied for public charge. So if this last dual interview and public charge issue was cleared up then they will begin the background checks. That can take as long as it takes., non of us can give you anything other then pure guess on how long it takes. Just try to have your wife touch base with them every now and again. 

@Ontarkie what background check do they do and do they do background check on the beneficiary or the petitioner?

Timeline
1 hour ago, ishmeal said:

@Ontarkie what background check do they do and do they do background check on the beneficiary or the petitioner?

After interview it is on the beneficiary 

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 8/20/2021 at 5:55 PM, ishmeal said:

They do full background checks on both, petitioner and beneficiary. After the interview, its more so on petitioner as there must be something in petitioner’s background which they need to be investigated by other govt. agencies. I am sure your wife might have told you everything, but you can’t say for sure. Many people don’t say everything to their spouse, but govt. knows about it. Consular officer must have found something in your wife’s background which s/he feels to be investigated by other govt. agencies. Your case seems exactly like mine in the past, wherein my ex-wife was drilled for 8 hours in the interview and then they placed her case for AP for more than a year and half because they forwarded something to 3 different govt. agencies especially the case back to USCIS to investigate other background checks.

I can’t sit here to assume what those adverse information would be in your wife’s case nor I can spill out mine. But trust me your wife must have something in her background that consular officer wants to be investigated before making a decision on your case. It could take even forever, and there is nothing anybody could do about it...neither congresspeople. It took 3 years in my case. Consular officer would wait to get the investigation report from other govt. agencies thru system.

It could be possible that your wife is STILL on food-stamps, Medicaid, or some kind of govt. help, but not telling you the truth about it, and on the other hand produced tax papers showing good income...Or she might think herself that she is ok if she is still getting Medicaid or food-stamps; while showing tax documents of having enough income..which could be considered a welfare fraud...which does come out during investigation. Or she might have gotten two social security number...maybe in the past...even though she might not have used it...but it came out during the background checks...Please know that I am not saying that your wife’s purposely hiding something from you, but trust me sometimes people have many things in their skeletons which they don’t feel comfortable sharing right away with their spouse. But govt. knows about it. Don’t know your wife’s specific situation like if she was ever married before then that could be another reason as well. Not many people know that in a marriage based case, previous marriage (s) are scrutinized too to know everything...like why parties were divorced previously...they even read divorce decree to make sure the reasoning..

In my case, I was still living together with my ex wife (#1) but as a friend/room-mate, while petitioned for my other ex-wife (#2). My ex wife #1 sponsored my wife#2 as a joint sponsor. Nothing wrong in it, but consular was not convinced...He thought that I was in a common-law marriage with my ex too which is considered a polygamy in US...a crime...4 USCIS officers knocked my door in the middle of the night...started taking pictures of every corner of my house...asked all our house papers for the last 5 yrs...they found on my passport my ex-wife #1’s contact information for emergency which is still ok but in totality it seems to them that I was still in a relationship with my ex wife...Then there were other issues too which dragged the case for so long...Eventually I was given a choice to withdraw the case or else it could be more problem. Thus, I think there must be something in your wife’s background which she hasn’t told you about.

By the way, my ex wife was interviewed twice at abroad in 9 months period, and they (US embassy) reached out me thru email and requested me to appear for interview along with my ex wife...I had to travel all the way from US to Asia to attend the stoke interview wherein we were interviewed separately by two different officers on two different windows for the same questions which they had on a piece of paper...they were reading out those questions from the paper and writing down there our answers...but both windows were far away from each other that we couldn’t even hear out other. So hell yeah, they can do anything they want...

But we did have many many red-flags in our case...but red-flags or not, if there is any troubling information will show up in background check then consular officers do forward the matter to concerned govt. agencies to investigate which would easily take 8 or more months if you get lucky...I got my local congresswoman involved when we didn’t hear for two years...So don’t know this could have caused more investigation into me but embassy was sitting on my ex’s case for two years without any response...I had no choice just to contact my congressperson. Anyway, I ended up withdrawing the case, and then my ex wife got died after a few months later during giving birth....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.