Wouter

Interview at Warsaw embassy - case transfer from Moscow

467 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 3/28/2022 at 9:29 AM, ovb said:

That's correct, you do need flights and hotels to apply for the Schengen visa. We applied via a travel agency. My understanding is that they do all these bookings (for an additional fee, of course) in the country whose Schengen you are requesting and then are cancelling them at some point. I don't know how else you can get a Schengen visa. Poland is not issuing any tourist visas to Russian citizens at this point anyways, so you still have to go via a different country.

Hi @ovb,

My mother-in-law got denied for a schengen visa to Spain. if you don't mind, could you share the travel agency you used for the schengen visa? The interview is in Warsaw March 8th 2023. At this point, as more EU countries are denying  visas for russians, we might have to reschedule or transfer the case to another country like kazakhstan.

I don't understand why interviews are being scheduled at Poland if the US already know that Poland hates russians. This is very frustrate it

Thanks in advance.

9/06/2013 - Sent I-129F K-1 Visa Package

9/10/2013 - USCIS Received the I-129F package

9/13/2013 - USCIS Acceptance Confirmation by email

9/30/2013 - USCIS Case status - Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I-129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). by email

10/18/2013 - USCIS Case status - We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) by email.

10/24/2013 - Recieved a RFE Letter - Request for evidence - Two year meeting requirement.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi @Julia60404

Congratulations on your mother's successful IR5 visa interview! Could you please share when exactly you received the interview letter for that 8th of February interview?

Timeline
6 hours ago, Julia60404 said:

I want to share my mom’s experience of getting IR5 visa.

She is a Russian citizen and 67 years old lady and also was denied Schengen visa to Spain for first time. However she applied again, and I wrote a sponsorship letter and provided my bank statements and my U.S. passport and my travel history to Spain. The reason for travel I indicated was family vacation. 2nd time she was approved and received a 14 days one entry visa. I am her sponsor for IR5 visa and I also traveled with her to Spain from Turkey. There were no questions at border in Malaga, next day we flew to Warsaw. I requested special assistance at embassy, so I was allowed to go with her to interview. Interview was held on February 8. Everything went smoothly besides the wait time, they collected documents and were verifying something, in our case that was more than hour and a half wait. 
Visa was approved and passport was picked up on February 10. 
On February 13 we successfully arrived to United States. 
I know it’s hard and long path for Russians due to specific circumstances, but if you are prepared and have your paperwork done (make sure police certificate was issued less than 12 months ago, make sure you uploaded new one to CEAC, same to new passport, new I864 form, don’t forget about translations), visa will be issued pretty quickly! 
My moms journey took 2 years and 3 months, counting from I-130 priority date!

I wish a good luck to everyone who is awaiting interview. People at US embassy in Warsaw are really nice, even security guards! Very friendly and helpful, they all speak Russian. Most people with whom I spoke in line and in waiting area also were from Russia. People travel, people been given visas no matter what’s going on in this world.

I wish everyone will archive their goals.

And I hope my recent experience will be helpful and inspire people not to give up. 

Hi @Julia60404,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It brings hopes for my mother-in-law's case. If you don't mind asking. What travel agency did you used to get your mom's schengen visa? We used Spain VAC Center and paid double to expedite the process but unfortunately the visa was denied for not justifying the purpose and conditions of the stay.

Thanks in advance.

9/30/2013 - USCIS Case status - Alien Registration Number was changed relating to your I-129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E). by email

10/18/2013 - USCIS Case status - We mailed a notice requesting additional evidence or information in this case I-129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) by email.

10/24/2013 - Recieved a RFE Letter - Request for evidence - Two year meeting requirement.

@aerodnight NVC scheduled appointment for November 3, 2022 which was missed due to no Schengen visa. On November 4, 2022 I rescheduled it for February 8, 2023.

@blakezero we used Spain BSL visa center in Moscow both times.

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Hey folks. I wanted to share my timelines so far but also ask 1/ if there are updated interview schedule timelines for Warsaw for IR5 visas (or similar) from anyone here and 2/ if people recommend moving case from Warsaw to Almaty? My mom has Schengen visa until Sept 2023.

Our timelines so far (IR5):

- Petition received: 03/01/2022
- Petition approved: 03/18/2023
- NVC account created: 04/06/2023
- NVC payment processed: 04/10/2023
- NVC documents submitted: 04/12/2023
- NVC documents approved (DOCUMENTARILY QUALIFIED): 04/25/2023

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

We waited for interview letter for about a month since being DQ, so you will probably receive a letter about your interview next week. The interview was scheduled in about 6 weeks in Warsaw after the interview letter. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On 5/6/2023 at 2:34 PM, nekto said:

if people recommend moving case from Warsaw to Almaty

I would say try to, at least. 1) I don't think schengen has gotten any easier, 2) Almaty staff (and medical) all speak russian which might be more comfortable for your mom, and just guessing 3) the costs of staying there for 2-3 weeks will be lower than Poland (also the shops, restaurants, etc will be more familiar.) I think overall, my wife was much happier that we were able to get to KZ instead.

Timeline
On 5/20/2023 at 11:50 AM, Simplytex said:

I would say try to, at least. 1) I don't think schengen has gotten any easier, 2) Almaty staff (and medical) all speak russian which might be more comfortable for your mom, and just guessing 3) the costs of staying there for 2-3 weeks will be lower than Poland (also the shops, restaurants, etc will be more familiar.) I think overall, my wife was much happier that we were able to get to KZ instead.

Thanks for sharing your opinion and some details! Much appreciated. I have moved our case to Almaty by emailing that embassy. They replied within couple days. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
5 hours ago, nekto said:

Thanks for sharing your opinion and some details! Much appreciated. I have moved our case to Almaty by emailing that embassy. They replied within couple days. 

I posted a thread about interviewing at Almaty, if that helps. Also, if looking for flights, red wings flys from several cities (you don't only have to look at Moscow or St P)

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 2/14/2023 at 6:37 PM, blakezero said:

Hi @Julia60404,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It brings hopes for my mother-in-law's case. If you don't mind asking. What travel agency did you used to get your mom's schengen visa? We used Spain VAC Center and paid double to expedite the process but unfortunately the visa was denied for not justifying the purpose and conditions of the stay.

Thanks in advance.

Update:

We transferred our case to Jerusalem since Russians do not need visa to enter Israel plus they also speak Russian. At the time of writing this post, we are in Jerusalem and her interview was today and approved. However, we have to wait for the passport which may take up to 2 weeks. We did not expected to be this long and now we have to over stay in Jerusalem which is gonna cost us a fortune, lol....

if someone processed an Immigrant visa for a relative in Jerusalem, how long you waited to get the passport with the visa? 

Thanks.

On 5/21/2023 at 1:11 PM, nekto said:

@nekto which email address did you use to get the transfer to Almaty? We want to do the same, we are currently assigned to Warsaw. Thanks!

On 5/31/2023 at 5:48 AM, pavelp said:

Yes, she does have a valid Schengen visa.

Good news for us though is that Almaty post has accepted our case transfer request. 🎉

It will be much easier and cheaper for my mom to travel there.

31 minutes ago, nekto said:

I emailed to official Almaty Consular email - usakz@state.gov

Thank you so very much!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.