lulugbot

Can you wear hejab to the biometric appointment?

13 posts in this topic

59 minutes ago, lulugbot said:

Will they ask you to remove the hejab?

Generally, it is fine to wear religious head coverings. See the policy for details:

https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/files/document/memos/Accommodating Religious Beliefs PM.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
1 hour ago, lulugbot said:

Will they ask you to remove the hejab?

They should not/ even a US passport photo can be with hejab

and once you start to wear this,   you are always to wear it in public

it would be violating your religious rights to make you remove it

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

No you can remove it if you want to. No one has the right to force you to wear it and vice versa. It's between you and your God. 

1 hour ago, JeanneAdil said:

my height is 5'6 and on my drivers license as well it is 5'6 but the last time at my doctors office the nurse's reading was 5'4. so I am confused which one should I write on my biometric form. Because I am gonna show them my drivers license as well

What can I take with me during the appointment? I am taking the uber as the asc is too far for me to drive. Would they let me bring my bag inside with me?

Were there instructions on the appointment letter? We just did biometrics for AOS last week and I brought my bag inside, so i assume it will be the same for yours. They just scanned it in security before we went in. I think cell phones had to be turned off, according to the instructions, but no one told us anything about it there. 

my height is 5'6 and on my drivers license as well it is 5'6 but the last time at my doctors office the nurse's reading was 5'4. so I am confused which one should I write on my biometric form. Because I am gonna show them my drivers license as well

Were you standing up straight at the nurse's last time? I lost an inch and a half that way once. You should probably give your normal height...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
15 hours ago, lulugbot said:

What can I take with me during the appointment? I am taking the uber as the asc is too far for me to drive. Would they let me bring my bag inside with me?

Then wouldn't uber be expensive?

You do not have friends to drop you? It is only 20 mins max appointment.

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

1 hour ago, Timona said:

Yeah, I spent $150. It don't drive that far

1 hour ago, Timona said:

appointment itself was just 10 minutes lol but I went there too early

Timeline
9 minutes ago, lulugbot said:

Yeah, I spent $150. It don't drive that far

appointment itself was just 10 minutes lol but I went there too early

$150 is a lot of money. Though, I understand your culture, you need to make friends for such events. You can rescue $150. 

I do not know were you are, but regardless of gender, if you would be in Houston, I would drop you for free. 

I know you are female. But I am just saying that I can help anyone, regardless of gender. 

Atleast you sorted it, albeit expensively.

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

On 7/29/2021 at 3:40 PM, Timona said:

$150 is a lot of money. Though, I understand your culture, you need to make friends for such events. You can rescue $150. 

I do not know were you are, but regardless of gender, if you would be in Houston, I would drop you for free. 

I know you are female. But I am just saying that I can help anyone, regardless of gender. 

Atleast you sorted it, albeit expensively.

Yeah, money isn't a problem. You can always figure it out. I have a few people that I think are my friends but they refused to help me lol. But I have a friend who would have helped but she is travelling. 

Edited by lulugbot
typo

Timeline
5 hours ago, lulugbot said:

Yeah, money isn't a problem. You can always figure it out. I have a few people that I think are my friends but they refused to help me lol. But I have a friend who would have helped but she is travelling. 

Now you know who your real friends are. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.