J&D1008

JULY 2021 I-129 K-1 FFILERS

721 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Dear Sir/Madam;   

Greetings from US Embassy, Ankara.   

This office is pleased to inform you that we have recently received the petition I-129F you filed on behalf of your fiancée 

Please provide the beneficiary's email address, full name, and case number by replying to this email as soon as possible for timely processing of your application at the U.S. Embassy, Ankara.

I received this message today, my fiancé had sent them the information the day we got our NVC case number as instructed by the email that came with, but I got this message today my self and I sent her info by replying to the email as instructed. I was just double checking to see if I did everything correctly so far.

I also checked NVC status and this is the message I got back, I was wondering does this mean we can schedule our embassy appointment? 

Thank you for the help folks.

Screenshot 2023-02-27 211819.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Monday Updates:

106500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
115000: 1 Other (Termination Notice Sent) (1 new / 0 in progress)
02/27/23: 2 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 1 Other (Termination Notice Sent)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
On 2/17/2023 at 4:27 AM, Cheddy said:

Interview went well, we were approved. My fiancé said they asked 5 really basic questions and the interview lasted 3 minutes. Her interviewer was a young man with glasses, it was in Russian, and she said he was extremely friendly and welcoming. My finance was basically disappointed by how easy it was, lol. She had stressed herself out and we both prepared so much, but the hard part is already done, the interview is just a formality. I printed out tons of pictures and mounds of proof of our relationship, as well as IRS tax docs, photocopies of everything, and so much extra stuff, that absolutely no one looked at. All they wanted was the DS confirmation page, the interview confirmation page, Medical results, Financial support doc, signed form from my fiancé of intent to marry, police form with translation, and birth certificate with translation. 

I have like hundreds of other pages, plus all the pages from the original submission that they gave back to us. 

Not sure your route to Poland, but we got a 15 day single entry Spanish visa. However, we didn't fly into Spain, she flew from Moscow-Istanbul-Paris. She got some grief from the person at the gate in Istanbul, asking a ton of questions why we have a Spanish visa and flying into France. Thankfully, I had her bring tickets from Barcelona-Istanbul-Moscow as well as a hotel booking in Barcelona, all of which I bought, printed out, and then immediately returned. The guy at the gate took pictures of all those forms and asked for her tickets from Paris to Barcelona, which she didn't have, but she just said we were planning on buy train tickets in Paris. He made a stink, but eventually let her board the flight.

At the Paris border, the guard asked her, her plan and she responded the same as above. The guard didn't ask for any proof and just let her pass easily.

We flew Paris to Warsaw, almost no one at the airport even looked twice at her passport. Like a half a glance to make sure her name was the same as on the ticket. At the door to the airplane in Poland, there were four policemen asking to check everyone's passports. I had a heart attack thinking they were looking for Russians entering illegally, but they only cared about checking the men and waved the women through without looking at their passports.

CONGRATS! You've come a long way and it finally happened. Thats great to hear and also very helpful. My fiancee is also super nervous about the interview but everything I read sounds very easy. Still we will prepare like crazy. Good to hear you had all the extra proof and documents on hand just in case.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello everyone! Just wanted to post an update since I've had quite an interesting journey so far.

Got the NOA2 from USCIS on 9/6/22 and was excited. 2 months went by and I hadn't heard from the NVC. I emailed them, but they said they had not yet received anything from USCIS. I got my immigration lawyer to check in as well and ultimately the USCIS would not check on our case until the 90 day mark. They made us wait 3 months. I had to contact my local congressman to help us check in on it. This helped quite a bit and would recommend for anyone else with a lagging case. The congressman was proactive and gave updates and insights we would have never otherwise had. Turns out the USCIS had forwarded our case to the Miami Asylum Office. Why? I don't know. They eventually sent it back to California where it belonged.

Then the 90 days were up. I contacted UCSIS again, this time they put in a Service Request for our case. Basically just a note to check in on our case. If we didn't hear anything in 30 days, we were to follow up with another inquiry. 30 days later, still nothing. I called again and they put in another Service Request. At this point our Congressman is still following up also. Finally, at the end of that second 30 day period, after 4 months of waiting, the day before our NOA2 approval expires... the NVC received our case.

Since then it's been smooth sailing and our case has been given an ID number and has now arrived at the embassy. We will fill out the forms and schedule the interview soon! I write all this in case there is anyone else like me who hit a bump in the road and couldn't find a lot of info. Just keep up on it, be persistent, and it should get though the system. Hope this helps someone!

Timeline

Tuesday Updates:

107000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
110000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
111000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
114500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
116000: 2 Approvals (1 new / 1 in progress)
116500: 1 RFES, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
117000: 2 RFESs (2 new / 0 in progress)
118000: 1 Approval, 1 RFER (0 new / 2 in progress)
02/28/23: 13 Total Updates: 7 Approvals, 3 RFESs, 3 RFERs

Wednesday Updates:

108500: 1 Denial (1 new / 0 in progress)
115000: 1 Denial (0 new / 1 in progress)
115500: 1 Approval, 1 Denial (1 new / 1 in progress)
116000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
116500: 1 Approval, 1 RFES, 1 RFER (3 new / 0 in progress)
03/01/23: 8 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 1 RFES, 1 RFER, 3 Denials

Timeline

Thursday Updates:

107000: 1 Other (Document Was Returned To USCIS) (0 new / 1 in progress)
108000: 1 RFES (0 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
112500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
113000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
116000: 1 Approval, 1 RFES (1 new / 1 in progress)
03/02/23: 7 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 3 RFESs, 2 RFERs, 1 Other (Document Was Returned To USCIS)

Friday Updates:

108500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
109500: 1 Denial (1 new / 0 in progress)
110000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
114000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
03/03/23: 4 Total Updates: 2 Approvals, 1 RFER, 1 Denial

Total for this month: 40 Untouched, 2520 Approvals, 209 RFESs, 66 RFERs, 347 Denials, 7 Expedites(Denied: 6 / Approved: 1), 164 Withdrawals, 63 Others

Timeline

Monday Updates:

109000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
118500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
03/06/23: 2 Total Updates: 2 Approvals

Tuesday Updates:

114000: 2 Denials (0 new / 2 in progress)
116000: 3 RFERs (3 new / 0 in progress)
116500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)
118500: 1 Withdrawal (1 new / 0 in progress)
03/07/23: 9 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 3 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Withdrawal

Wednesday Updates:

107500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
110500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
116000: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
03/08/23: 3 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 1 RFES, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1)

32 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

Monday Updates:

109000: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
118500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
03/06/23: 2 Total Updates: 2 Approvals

Tuesday Updates:

114000: 2 Denials (0 new / 2 in progress)
116000: 3 RFERs (3 new / 0 in progress)
116500: 3 Approvals (3 new / 0 in progress)
118500: 1 Withdrawal (1 new / 0 in progress)
03/07/23: 9 Total Updates: 3 Approvals, 3 RFERs, 2 Denials, 1 Withdrawal

Wednesday Updates:

107500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
110500: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
116000: 1 Expedite(Denied: 1) (1 new / 0 in progress)
03/08/23: 3 Total Updates: 1 Approval, 1 RFES, 1 Expedite(Denied: 1)

I have not seen updates for 117000 in a while… what’s the numbers like for that group?

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sanda2022 said:

I have not seen updates for 117000 in a while… what’s the numbers like for that group?

117000: 2 Untouched, 79 Approvals, 9 RFESs, 4 RFERs, 16 Denials, 6 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed, Termination Notice Sent) || Completed Percent 85.1% || 118 total cases ||

:(

10 minutes ago, Cheddy said:

117000: 2 Untouched, 79 Approvals, 9 RFESs, 4 RFERs, 16 Denials, 6 Withdrawals, 2 Others (Notice Explaining USCIS Actions Was Mailed, Termination Notice Sent) || Completed Percent 85.1% || 118 total cases ||

:(

I am in the RFER group.  But we made it this far - only forward from here 

Edited by Sanda2022

Filed: Other Timeline
On 3/3/2023 at 6:36 PM, ShaMo said:

We are now waiting for interview date to open up so we can schedule it. Any one have any ideas how Ankara embassy work for dates opening up.

I don't think the embassy is following a pattern. We found a spot roughly after a month of refreshing like crazy every day. I would suggest the same. There are at least a couple people waiting and there likely won't be a whole lot of slots available when they do become available. So the more you can check, the higher chances you'll have of catching it before others.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 minutes ago, omya said:

I don't think the embassy is following a pattern. We found a spot roughly after a month of refreshing like crazy every day. I would suggest the same. There are at least a couple people waiting and there likely won't be a whole lot of slots available when they do become available. So the more you can check, the higher chances you'll have of catching it before others.

When we got into the system on 3/1 they had dates open for 3/6 and 3/7 but they were so close that we didn't have enough time to get everything ready for the interview date so we didn't select them, now from what we are seeing from others going through the same embassy. Some have had dates for 3/9 and it has been pushed back 3/13, so the embassy it self is having issue it seems. also people say it usually takes 20days for some one to start seeing dates open up. well we have waited now almost 1.7 years what is another month I guess.

😭

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.