Joe30

Credit Card Charged but no Text/Email

14 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Joe30 said:

Hello,

my credit card has pending uscis charges for my package. I have not recieved a text/email though (g1145). Is that normal?

Normal?  It's happened before...

YMMV

Timeline
1 minute ago, Joe30 said:

How soon after pending charges do they send out a text/email (from what you have observed)?

Mine was 24 hrs.  Some it is never.

YMMV

Timeline
Just now, Joe30 said:

Any reason why it was never? In your opinion, is that an issue?

If you haven't figured it out by now,  the USCIS system has its glitches. It simply is NOT 100% reliable. 

YMMV

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
11 hours ago, Joe30 said:

How soon after your text/email did you recieve NOA in the mail? 

You'll probably get mail within a couple weeks. If not, chatting with an agent should get you you case numbers and your A number if you haven't got that already.  That's about all you need. 

11 hours ago, Skyman said:

You'll probably get mail within a couple weeks. If not, chatting with an agent should get you you case numbers and your A number if you haven't got that already.  That's about all you need. 

I am just concerned because I didn't receive the text. Maybe they missed the paper. I just hope nothing went wrong.

They charged my credit card so I am guessing it was processed?...

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I submitted properly filled and signed G-1145 forms with my application package (on top, right after payment), and NEVER got text OR email notifications for anything. Not ever.

Thank goodness everything was smooth sailing and no hiccups after that.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, CanadianInSoCal said:

I submitted properly filled and signed G-1145 forms with my application package (on top, right after payment), and NEVER got text OR email notifications for anything. Not ever.

Thank goodness everything was smooth sailing and no hiccups after that.

I believe it, it seems fairly common that they miss it or perhaps don't even bother with that form.

Also, the G-1145 is only for the acceptance notification, you will never receive any other notifications with that form. You need to change the settings in your online account if you want to receive notifications past the acceptance notification. 

K-1: 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP: 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD: 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Göteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
20 minutes ago, Scandi said:

Also, the G-1145 is only for the acceptance notification, you will never receive any other notifications with that form. You need to change the settings in your online account if you want to receive notifications past the acceptance notification. 

Yes, I know. I didn't get acceptance notification by text or email (even though I asked for both, and the form was filled perfectly). I only received the later, snail mail notification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.