GBOS

June 2021, I-130 Filers

138 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, JMac7486 said:

Maybe submit some more evidence, like some photos. I heard people say there was movement on their case after submitting additional evidence. May be a rumor but I tried it. Case was approved last. May not do anything for you case but couldn't hurt. 

Huh, thank you, maybe I'll try that. But I also don't want to overwhelm them with documents to look at?

It also states something along the lines of "USCIS will consider the timeliness and relevance of unrequested evidence when making a decision about your case." so not sure if they can hold it against me?

20 hours ago, Pat2021 said:

It has now been exactly a year since I received my NOA1, for US spouse filing for IR1, from Nebraska.

Case has been actively reviewed since 5th of October, but talking with an agent it was moved to Potomac at some unknown time.

All I see is people getting NOA2, while I don't hear a peep. No RFE, no approval, no nothing. Just silence.

Starting to lose hope, wondering if my case got lost somehow, but can't make an official inquiry until end of September...

:(

Hi! The USCIS estimate timeline for Potomac is 1 year (I-130), a lawyer friend told me if a case don't get response after that you can write them based of their website information to push your case. I'll do that, on June 24 it'll be a year for me...

2 minutes ago, Michilcha said:

Hi! The USCIS estimate timeline for Potomac is 1 year (I-130), a lawyer friend told me if a case don't get response after that you can write them based of their website information to push your case. I'll do that, on June 24 it'll be a year for me...

You can't write to them unless it's "outside normal processing times", which for Potomac, despite saying 12 months, is currently stated as end of September for us. I've tried. :(

From https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

image.png.c0024e75682b3b37de89ced2964ea8f7.png

Edited by Pat2021

On 6/6/2022 at 6:31 PM, Pat2021 said:

It has now been exactly a year since I received my NOA1, for US spouse filing for IR1, from Nebraska.

Case has been actively reviewed since 5th of October, but talking with an agent it was moved to Potomac at some unknown time.

All I see is people getting NOA2, while I don't hear a peep. No RFE, no approval, no nothing. Just silence.

Starting to lose hope, wondering if my case got lost somehow, but can't make an official inquiry until end of September...

@Pat2021We have a very similar timeline, our case has also been at potomac since we file on 06/08/2021 and has been actively been reviewed since 10/07/2021 but we have not heard anything yet. Pls I want to know if you've got any updates on yours so far? Thanks

Just now, Kmomo said:

@Pat2021We have a very similar timeline, our case has also been at potomac since we file on 06/08/2021 and has been actively been reviewed since 10/07/2021 but we have not heard anything yet. Pls I want to know if you've got any updates on yours so far? Thanks

No, nothing yet unfortunately. :(

9 minutes ago, Pat2021 said:

No, nothing yet unfortunately. :(

I just saw your timeline and saw how similar it is to ours. We've been trying everything but nothing yet. At this point I think we'll even be happy with an RFE.

@Pat2021 Just a suggestion I heard filling I-129f (k3 visa) helps so we did that last week I hope it works. If you haven't done that yet then i suggest you should try that too. It's free to file so nothing to lose in our situation haha. 

Edited by Kmomo

2 minutes ago, Kmomo said:

I just saw your timeline and saw how similar it is to ours. We've been trying everything but nothing yet. At this point I think we'll even be happy with an RFE.

@Pat2021 Just a suggestion I heard filling I-129f (k3 visa) helps so we did that last week I hope it works. If you haven't done that yet then i suggest you should try that too. It's free to file so nothing to lose in our situation haha. 

@Pat2021 Did you file yours online?

8 minutes ago, Kmomo said:

@Pat2021 Did you file yours online?

Yes, I did.

11 minutes ago, Kmomo said:

I heard mixed things about that, overall it doesn't seem to speed it up to much. Let me know if it works for you though!

The wait is frustrating, one year just to get approved on a family petition, not even for immigration, is ridiculous and detrimental to mental health.

It's probably one of the longest wait times for immigration across the globe...

44 minutes ago, Pat2021 said:

Yes, I did.

I heard mixed things about that, overall it doesn't seem to speed it up to much. Let me know if it works for you though!

The wait is frustrating, one year just to get approved on a family petition, not even for immigration, is ridiculous and detrimental to mental health.

It's probably one of the longest wait times for immigration across the globe...

I 100% understand how you're feeling. This treatment from the USCIS is totally ridiculous. I'm here stacked in Russia and my wife can't even visit because her work won't allow her and US embassy gave her a strong notice for her to leave immediately last February when the conflict started. I'm completing my Medical studies this summer but I can't even receive any money from outside because of all the sanctions. We've been trying to expedite under extreme financial hardships and humanitarian reasons but they won't even look at our case. 

It's been over a year since we filled our application and no response from them. 

I feel so stranded here and really frustrated with the whole process.

Edited by Kmomo

On 6/6/2022 at 11:31 AM, Pat2021 said:

How did you talk to an agent? I’ve been trying to do it how I use to by the ask Emma and ask to speak with a representative and it won’t connect me when before it use to

6 minutes ago, Ctavarez90 said:

How did you talk to an agent? I’ve been trying to do it how I use to by the ask Emma and ask to speak with a representative and it won’t connect me when before it use to

Just through Emma, via "Speak to a representative". It took a good few tries (Maybe 10?) at various times of the day to finally be connected without disconnecting.

27 minutes ago, Kmomo said:

Hey @Pat2021 I wanted to give you interesting update on our case. So it just got approved right now and i wanted to inform you to check on your case too hopefully you've got some goodnews! I wish you all the best

Oh wow, congratulations 🍾

Unfortunately nothing for me yet, hopefully soon. At the moment it's still being actively reviewed since October 5th.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pat2021 said:

Happy days, got approved today!

I hope everyone else waiting will get approved soon :)

I’m at California Service Center at 312 days now since NOA1. Hoping to hear something soon. Congratulations 🎊 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.