2,965 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Lulu oz said:

Hi everyone, 

I’m so happy today, I want to share my good news, on my way back from work today I religiously checked my case tracker, saw this “new card is being approved”  for my I -360

filed i360: October 15, 2019

RFE from home country: August 5, 2021

sent RFE to USCIS: August 31, 2021

USCIS received RFE on September 1, 2021

New card produced: October 13, 2021

i hoping to see case approved soon 

This has not being an easy journey, to everyone still waiting, yours in already on it’s way 

227DD885-E425-468A-B708-E11902F4A826.jpeg

Congratulations. Happy for you.

This week is a great week, So many approvals. That's fantastic. 

Timeline
16 hours ago, Anujra said:

Hi guys….

my i-360 finally was approved!

It has been indescribably difficult in many aspects in life…

At least, this approval notice means a lot for me to heal my soul.. Somebody really listens to my story and acknowledges all the heartbreaking moments….

As many of you, I didn’t have any support when I was in the abusive situation.. I felt like I was alone.. Here I am today still alive and try my best to live fully as much as I can with my wounded heart. If there is any progress for i-485, I will keep posting.

🙏🏻 for all of us who are waiting for the news. You are not alone..!

I-360, i-485 filed in October 2019

3 PF

Ead c31 seemed to be approved on 8/31 

i-360 approved 10/13/2021

9ECD9F1B-AB0C-4F11-A833-72F62842BDD0.jpeg

Congratulations 🗽🇺🇸

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I got my green card through VAWA couple of months before then I hire an attorney who contact my wife and we got an agreed divorce where both of us has signed Ie me and my wife will this be a issue on later part Ie when you have to applied for the citizenship etc

It won't be a problem , but in case of  VAWA denial you can't file VAWA again because probably you will be divorced for more than 2 years.

Timeline
On 10/13/2021 at 9:59 AM, Fishy89 said:

Goo morning everybody ! 
There is an update in my I-360 today . What does this mean ? 
New card is being produced !! This is not i-765

03BADA51-A3F5-4360-B83D-B13D4E54DC2E.thumb.jpeg.7a0c4d42af1a579870ffff95d8561f72.jpeg 

Congratulations,your VAWA was approved.

Timeline
On 10/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, SilverLining2 said:

Dear family,

my soon-to-be ex-spouse has been threatening to report me to USCIS, alleging bad faith marriage and no domestic abuse... Has anyone of you been in this situation? USCIS clearly states that "The law prohibits USCIS from denying your application based on information provided solely by your abuser and other prohibited sources", but still it feels very stressful. Maybe just because I am still scared of this person...

USCIS will not take into consideration what your spouse has to say about you ok, don't worry.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I filled my I-360,I-485 on Feb-2019 and my I-360 got approved on March-2021, at the same time my I-485 was transferred to new office.  My field office is Long Island, NY and it is currently processing Dec-2019 I-485. So i enquired with outside of normal processing time.

I got following response, i am not sure how to inquire about the case now.

Screen Shot 2021-10-14 at 4.12.26 PM.png

Feb - 18 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765 Filled  ( Vermont )

Feb - 25 - 2019  - I360/I-485/I-765  Received

Sep - 17 -2019   - I-765 Approved. (C9)

Jun - 20 - 2020  - I-765 Renewal Sent

Sep - 08 - 2020  - I-765 - Approved (C9)

Oct - 15 - 2020  -  RFE Received ( Good Faith Marriage )

Nov - 15 - 2020  - RFE Sent

Mar - 05 - 2021  - EAD Approved ( C31 )

Mar - 05 - 2021  - I-360 Approved 

Mar - 08 - 2021  - I-485 Case Moved to new office. 

May - 25 -2021  - I-360 Approval Notice Arrived

Nov - 12 -2021  - i-693 - Notice to Submit Medical

Nov - 17 -2021  - i-693 - Sent to USCIS 

Dec -16 2021 - I-485 Approved, GC in Production.

Field Office : Long Island, NY

23 minutes ago, Nick2020 said:

I filled my I-360,I-485 on Feb-2019 and my I-360 got approved on March-2021, at the same time my I-485 was transferred to new office.  My field office is Long Island, NY and it is currently processing Dec-2019 I-485. So i enquired with outside of normal processing time.

I would say reach out to your congress/senator.

36 minutes ago, Nick2020 said:

Since you are a VAWA applicant privacy policy applies to your I-485. Inquiry must be in writing to Your local office since they already have your I-485. I recommend you to contact your county congressman representative to make an inquiry on behalf of your I-485.

I still think you are under processing time since March 2021 was your Vawa approval. New York is taking around 12-18 months to process I-485. 

23 hours ago, Braveheart123 said:

Dear friends 

I got my green card through VAWA couple of months before then I hire an attorney who contact my wife and we got an agreed divorce where both of us has signed Ie me and my wife will this be a issue on later part Ie when you have to applied for the citizenship etc

Once you have your Green card base on VAWA you do not need to meet the the requirements of applying naturalization base on marriage as a normal spouse will do. (No need to demonstrate you are living in a marital union)

You will have no problem. 

READ the exception for battered spouse and Naturalization  https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-g-chapter-3 

2. Exception to Marital Union and U.S. Citizenship Requirements for Spouses

A person subjected to battery or extreme cruelty by his or her U.S. citizen spouse is exempt from the following naturalization requirements:[18]

Married to the U.S. citizen spouse at the time of filing the naturalization application;

Living in marital union with the citizen spouse for at least 3 years at the time of filing the naturalization application; and

Applicant’s spouse has U.S. citizenship from the time of filing until the time the applicant takes the Oath of Allegiance.[19]

The spouse must meet all other eligibility requirements for naturalization.[20]

On 10/11/2021 at 6:11 PM, goodVibes said:

Omg really? Gimme a hug if we bump into each other. And yes I certainly will

Thank you 😊 that’s such a creative and nice way of looking at it

haha yes i will! I haven't gotten the exact date yet, but I guess it is coming soooon :( so scared! 

On 10/13/2021 at 12:35 PM, Anujra said:

Hi guys….

my i-360 finally was approved!

It has been indescribably difficult in many aspects in life…

At least, this approval notice means a lot for me to heal my soul.. Somebody really listens to my story and acknowledges all the heartbreaking moments….

As many of you, I didn’t have any support when I was in the abusive situation.. I felt like I was alone.. Here I am today still alive and try my best to live fully as much as I can with my wounded heart. If there is any progress for i-485, I will keep posting.

🙏🏻 for all of us who are waiting for the news. You are not alone..!

I-360, i-485 filed in October 2019

3 PF

Ead c31 seemed to be approved on 8/31 

i-360 approved 10/13/2021

9ECD9F1B-AB0C-4F11-A833-72F62842BDD0.jpeg

Omg yay! Congratulations!!image.png.6ce6cee7f6b067bda07af285987ce033.png

Seems like 1 more year to go to get the GC :)

image.png

Hello guys, so I have one question ( concern).

My VAWA was approved last year in December 22, I received my c31 in November and just renewed both C09 and C31. However they have just processed C31 renewal whereas I already have c09 in my hands. For the first time, they did not include my fingerprints on the card. 

I changed my address a moth ago through their website and 2 month ago when I moved, I sent a letter to Vermont but no response from them.

Today my I-360 status changed to initial review even though they approved my petition last year and I have approval notice and everything. My I-485 has been sitting in Chicago field office for 11 months now.

What this initial review might be? 

22 minutes ago, vawa2018 said:

Hello guys, so I have one question ( concern).

My VAWA was approved last year in December 22, I received my c31 in November and just renewed both C09 and C31. However they have just processed C31 renewal whereas I already have c09 in my hands. For the first time, they did not include my fingerprints on the card. 

I changed my address a moth ago through their website and 2 month ago when I moved, I sent a letter to Vermont but no response from them.

Today my I-360 status changed to initial review even though they approved my petition last year and I have approval notice and everything. My I-485 has been sitting in Chicago field office for 11 months now.

What this initial review might be? 

Initial review means an officer already have your file to review he can request any evidence and sent you RFE, set your interview if he consider necessary, or waived  the interview if he consider is your case is complete. 

1 minute ago, FeDaniela said:

Initial review means an officer already have your file to review he can request any evidence and sent you RFE, set your interview if he consider necessary, or waived  the interview if he consider is your case is complete. 

Right,but why would he request anything for my I-360 if they already approved it 11 months ago?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.