2,965 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

if you are not in removal proceedings then you can travel. I did it 3 times while VAWA is pending.

Why your attorney telling you not to travel? is there a reason?

I don't think I am in removal proceedings, I have received all receipt notices before that (I think!). My attorney said travel with AP was possible but only for emergency reasons.

1 hour ago, balo101 said:

if you are not in removal proceedings then you can travel. I did it 3 times while VAWA is pending.

Why your attorney telling you not to travel? is there a reason?

And what happened when you entered? Were you sent to a separate room and asked questions?

1 hour ago, Sk N said:

same category 

Which category is this? c9?

50 minutes ago, SilverLining2 said:

And what happened when you entered? Were you sent to a separate room and asked questions?

Which category is this? c9?

anyone with AP, they take them to a separate room for secondary inspection. 

I was taken there as well. Each time not more than 5 mins. it also depends how busy they are.

1 hour ago, luminarc said:

image.png.3c4d22a210c00cf50ae2cfecd8630633.png

Why does uscis says if case has been pending more than 105 days to request inquiry, but when you request inquiry they say you are still within acceptable time frame, am I missing something?

yes i tried that too last week. It does not go through. 

I think they are playing with our emotions. 

6 minutes ago, balo101 said:

anyone with AP, they take them to a separate room for secondary inspection. 

I was taken there as well. Each time not more than 5 mins. it also depends how busy they are.

And what about the questions they ask? You also think this is not risky in our case? (Other than decisions being made on our case or policy changes while abroad)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Good day everyone,  I’m new to this vawa thread and I would need some help on how to go about my vawa application. I couldn’t get a sample of affidavit from friends and church online. So I need a sample of an affidavit from friends and the church one attends. They would like to know how the letter should be written, the information expected on it & how it should be addressed and notarized. 
Thanks 

17 minutes ago, SilverLining2 said:

And what about the questions they ask? You also think this is not risky in our case? (Other than decisions being made on our case or policy changes while abroad)

Honestly they did not ask me any question. 

Only the first time when i saw the first officer he only asked me where i am coming from. Other than that i was never asked any questions. 

12 minutes ago, NB West said:

Good day everyone,  I’m new to this vawa thread and I would need some help on how to go about my vawa application. I couldn’t get a sample of affidavit from friends and church online. So I need a sample of an affidavit from friends and the church one attends. They would like to know how the letter should be written, the information expected on it & how it should be addressed and notarized. 
Thanks 

If they saw you together as a couple as well as if they saw the abuse. Include all the information. 

My friends wrote as a "To Whom It May..."

1 hour ago, NB West said:

Thanks 

Based on my experience and what I read here, they might want to describe:

1. How do they know you/your spouse 

2. Whether they have visited you at your residence. If so, what activities did all of you engage in, how did your house/apartment look like (furniture, how many rooms etc.)

3. How did you and your spouse behave out in public? Were you holding hands? Hugging/kissing/arguing/joking etc? Was he/she respectful/nice to you? Was he/she rude/inappropriate?

4. Did you and your spouse share details about your courtship/plans for the future with your friends? F.e. Maybe you wanted to get a dog/cat/kid/new car/house together and told your friends about it?

5. Did they notice any “red flags”? Any changes in your/spouses behavior? Did they witness any abuse? 

basically, your friends need to describe your relationship, your love story and your relationship issues ( if they have noticed Sth obviously) in details. A lot of details. 

Edited by Zzz___1

5 hours ago, Sk N said:

Hi Just need a clarification, is it mandatory to withhold paycheck on medicare and social security for GC EAD holders?

Yes.

08/2017 - Married USC

09/2017 - Application for I-485, I-765, I-131

12/2017 - Approval  I-765, I-131

09/2018 Renewal application for I-765, I-131

04/2019 - I-485 interview scheduled 

04/2019 - I-485 denied, husband withdrew

05/2019 - Application for  I-360, I-485, I-765, I-131 

12/2019 EAD, AP approval

07/2020 EAD, AP renewal sent to Vermont

10/2020 EAD, AP Approval

11/2020 VAWA I-360 Approved (C31 produced)

01/2021 I-360 status changed to case approved

03/2021 - I-693 deficient notice from national benefit center

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.