2,965 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Apolo said:

Good afternoon VJ Family, i hope all of you amazing people are having a great weekend and i wish you eve single of us to get that good news that everyone is waiting on. Remember to be happy to try and love yourself and those around you and despite what happen in the past remember good thing are waiting for you and your live will be so much better full with love and happy memories. I want to say BIG thank you to @sandranj @Stillwinning!!!😊 @TBoneTX Happy 4th of July :) 

Happy 4th of July dear!!🎊🎉🇺🇸🎈😊 thanks we appreciate you too!🥰

Hello VJ family, i recently submitted my EAD renewal based on pending asylum application in immigration proceedings, I send this application to USCIS Dallas for pending asylum people. I got this rejection letter. I have a pending i485 pending submitted at Irving Texas lockbox since November 2020. And pending i360 since October, 2019. Why did they return my check? Saying that? As per my knowledge asylum case is completely different from i360-i485. I didn't want to send EAD based on my pending i360-i485 because i have a 204c fraud on my i130 that came while my i360 was already pending for over a year and half. Now I'm waiting to overcome that 204c Incase USCIS sends me a RFE OR NOID ON MY I360.

but why USCIS returned my check and say no action is required by me? Are they considering the payment i did with my i485 that's why they returned my check?

P_20210702_213129_1_1.jpg

Edited by God is a good God

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Norway
Timeline
52 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Hello VJ family, i recently submitted my EAD renewal based on pending asylum application in immigration proceedings, I send this application to USCIS Dallas for pending asylum people. I got this rejection letter. I have a pending i485 pending submitted at Irving Texas lockbox since November 2020. And pending i360 since October, 2019. Why did they return my check? Saying that? As per my knowledge asylum case is completely different from i360-i485. I didn't want to send EAD based on my pending i360-i485 because i have a 204c fraud on my i130 that came while my i360 was already pending for over a year and half. Now I'm waiting to overcome that 204c Incase USCIS sends me a RFE OR NOID ON MY I360.

but why USCIS returned my check and say no action is required by me? Are they considering the payment i did with my i485 that's why they returned my check?

P_20210702_213129_1_1.jpg

Seems you paid extra and they didn’t need your cheque. Did you pay via credit card already?

Or this could also be sent in error. USCIS folks are prone to making mistakes too. 

8 hours ago, Sparkle said:

Seems you paid extra and they didn’t need your cheque. Did you pay via credit card already?

Or this could also be sent in error. USCIS folks are prone to making mistakes too. 

I didn't pay extra. Just a check. But the i485 money cannot cover EAD based on asylum as per my knowledge , that's why I sent them a check  payment. But hey returned it and they kept my application and telling me i don't have to do anything at this point, confused 😕😕😕

Filed: Other Timeline
3 hours ago, God is a good God said:

I didn't pay extra. Just a check. But the i485 money cannot cover EAD based on asylum as per my knowledge , that's why I sent them a check  payment. But hey returned it and they kept my application and telling me i don't have to do anything at this point, confused 😕😕😕

If you were told that you were fraudulent by the findings on your 130, keep calm and don't worry. USCIS will give you the chance to clear it up thru a waiver. Just patient and wait for it. With regards to your concurrent filing of your 360 & 485, I'll suggest you go ahead and obtain your ead from there as it will be the easiest to obtain with no fee ( because the fee submitted on your 485 covers ead c9 and subsequent renewals). I'll suggest you just hold off on anything with the asylum for now. An io without a humble heart will double down and poke holes in your file based on the number of petitions you've applied for in sequence.

I wish your 360,485(with fee or waiver),765 & 131 was all sent to Vermont. That gives you more streamlined process and ease. 

Are you working with a lawyer or self?

3 hours ago, aquila said:

If you were told that you were fraudulent by the findings on your 130, keep calm and don't worry. USCIS will give you the chance to clear it up thru a waiver. Just patient and wait for it. With regards to your concurrent filing of your 360 & 485, I'll suggest you go ahead and obtain your ead from there as it will be the easiest to obtain with no fee ( because the fee submitted on your 485 covers ead c9 and subsequent renewals). I'll suggest you just hold off on anything with the asylum for now. An io without a humble heart will double down and poke holes in your file based on the number of petitions you've applied for in sequence.

I wish your 360,485(with fee or waiver),765 & 131 was all sent to Vermont. That gives you more streamlined process and ease. 

Are you working with a lawyer or self?

Thank you. I get that. I sent my i360 to Vermont in October 2019 and my i485 was sent to Irving Texas November 2020 (this was a mistake. Someone here advised me that since i am in proceedings i don't have to send i485 to Vermont but to a special USCIS location Irving Texas which was wrong). I have a lawyer yes, but i always renew my EAD based on asylum myself but this Time i got this rejection notice i don't know if it's because of the i485 fee or for any other reason. They sent my check back but kept my application. Will contact my lawyer Monday to see if she can send another i765 to Vermont based on i360 with the receipt of i485. What should I do about this i765 i sent to Dallas?

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On July 2, 2021 at 12:37 AM, God is a good God said:

Hey VJ family, is it true that USCIS policies changed with Biden, That nomore straight DENIAL for any case? That IO are obligated now to send RFE or NOID for any case before final decision?

That is partly true.  If they believe you can provide additional information to determine an approved decision they can send RFE/NOID.  However, if there is nothing else they need to change their denial decision, they can deny it.  That is why there is an appeal process. 

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
53 minutes ago, God is a good God said:

Thank you. I get that. I sent my i360 to Vermont in October 2019 and my i485 was sent to Irving Texas November 2020 (this was a mistake. Someone here advised me that since i am in proceedings i don't have to send i485 to Vermont but to a special USCIS location Irving Texas which was wrong). I have a lawyer yes, but i always renew my EAD based on asylum myself but this Time i got this rejection notice i don't know if it's because of the i485 fee or for any other reason. They sent my check back but kept my application. Will contact my lawyer Monday to see if she can send another i765 to Vermont based on i360 with the receipt of i485. What should I do about this i765 i sent to Dallas?

Okay thank you for the clarification and I will suggest that as they sent back the check let's wait till they take an action on that 765 or you can attach the receipt notices for both the 360 and 485 along with your new ead application and send to Vermont with no fee. At least with that you've got options and all sides covered.

On 7/1/2021 at 12:29 PM, gurgen said:

Hi  everyone,

I'm writing this for a friend's case;

He went for the I-485 interview today for his VAWA case. He didn't pass the first GC interview when he attended 

with his abusive wife, then he filed for VAWA and today was the interview day for him.

The IO asked him several questions about the interview that he went with his wife. My friend says that

the IO was very skeptical and didn't seem to be satisfied with the answers my friend gave. His attorney

also was present at the interview and he believed that this case will not be approved.

What are the other steps if they deny the petition? What my friend can do?

Thanks.

Where was the interview? What state, city? Did your friend get any RFEs while waiting for his I360 to be approved? Was he physically attacked by his abuser or letter from the psychologist about emotional abuse etc tc

1 hour ago, aquila said:

Okay thank you for the clarification and I will suggest that as they sent back the check let's wait till they take an action on that 765 or you can attach the receipt notices for both the 360 and 485 along with your new ead application and send to Vermont with no fee. At least with that you've got options and all sides covered.

Thank you. I really appreciate 🙏🙏🙏

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 7/1/2021 at 12:29 PM, gurgen said:

Hi  everyone,

I'm writing this for a friend's case;

He went for the I-485 interview today for his VAWA case. He didn't pass the first GC interview when he attended 

with his abusive wife, then he filed for VAWA and today was the interview day for him.

The IO asked him several questions about the interview that he went with his wife. My friend says that

the IO was very skeptical and didn't seem to be satisfied with the answers my friend gave. His attorney

also was present at the interview and he believed that this case will not be approved.

What are the other steps if they deny the petition? What my friend can do?

Thanks.

It depends on the denial reason if he can file an appeal.  

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

21 hours ago, FAP said:

Where was the interview? What state, city? Did your friend get any RFEs while waiting for his I360 to be approved? Was he physically attacked by his abuser or letter from the psychologist about emotional abuse etc tc

Manhattan, NYC. No RFEs. He had police report, etc so yes he was attacked physically. 

I guess the problem was not about the abuse, was about the marriage in good faith. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.