Giodude

Transferring K1 cases from Russia to Poland

34 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, I would like to start a thread where people who filed in Moscow, Russia transferred their case to Warsaw, Poland due to the US Embassy in Moscow being closed and the US-Russia relationship being a little iffy at the moment. We could all share how our process is going to help others out.

I do have a question. If we want to use our parents as Sponsors, will they be Co-Sponsors or Household Member? I read somewhere that there are two ways to go about this.  For example, if I'm living with my parents at the moment and would like to use my dad to help me out financially; which steps should I take? 

Thanks.

Thank you for starting this thread! Question: How did you transfer your case to Poland? Did you have to wait until you received your NOA2? Our NOA1 was at the end of November and we're still waiting on our NOA2 ... just want to avoid any further delays associated with changing the interview location, if possible :)

Timeline
49 minutes ago, NoBorders said:

Thank you for starting this thread! Question: How did you transfer your case to Poland? Did you have to wait until you received your NOA2? Our NOA1 was at the end of November and we're still waiting on our NOA2 ... just want to avoid any further delays associated with changing the interview location, if possible :)

I called the NVC first and asked how to transfer our case. Basically, you gotta email/call other countries and ask if they can accept your case because Russia is closed or so on. Poland worked. Find the embassy in Warsaw and email them. That's what I did. It took around 2 weeks to get a reply. If they accept your case, they will request it from Moscow and you gotta continue waiting.

They send you instructions in the email. I already had my NOA2.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
9 hours ago, NoBorders said:

You do need to have your NOA2 to transfer, as they will ask your NVC case number :) So I would wait until you had NOA2.

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

On 6/13/2021 at 2:53 AM, Giodude said:

Hello, I would like to start a thread where people who filed in Moscow, Russia transferred their case to Warsaw, Poland due to the US Embassy in Moscow being closed and the US-Russia relationship being a little iffy at the moment. We could all share how our process is going to help others out.

I do have a question. If we want to use our parents as Sponsors, will they be Co-Sponsors or Household Member? I read somewhere that there are two ways to go about this.  For example, if I'm living with my parents at the moment and would like to use my dad to help me out financially; which steps should I take? 

Thanks.

Thank you for starting the thread. We have also transferred the case from Moscow to Warsaw. Now, the question is how to get Shengen visa? 

Our case is F11 and DQ July 2020.

Timeline
5 hours ago, MariAsk said:

Hi! Congrats on the update with your case! How are you going to enter Poland? We’re waiting for our NOA2 and also consider Poland for the interview, but I thought that it is still closed for Russians due to COVID.

Well from all the things I read, Poland might open its borders soon if you https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/news/poland-reopens-its-borders-on-june-13/

Some people are also going through Greece and then Poland.

Also, I heard of 2 couples who had their interview dates ready and they asked the embassy in Warsaw if they could send them a letter which granted them access to enter for their interview.

That's all the info I have.

Timeline

We are in the same situation.

Did the Consulate in Poland ask for criteria for transfer eligibility, e.g. residing or having been born in Poland?

Or was the basis for transfer request entirely the fact that the Moscow Embassy is understaffed and stopped services?

Thank you in advance.

2 hours ago, Michael S777 said:

Did the Consulate in Poland ask for criteria for transfer eligibility, e.g. residing or having been born in Poland?

Or was the basis for transfer request entirely the fact that the Moscow Embassy is understaffed and stopped services?

Thank you in advance.

We just emailed asking to transfer based on the fact that Moscow is closed. We got quick response.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Michael S777 said:

Thank you in advance.

I just emailed them, waited a few days and then got a response that they accepted our case, but that there was a long backlog so there's lots of waiting. When you email them, explain why you want to transfer to Warsaw,Poland and about the situation in Moscow.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Jane and Mak said:

We just emailed asking to transfer based on the fact that Moscow is closed. We got quick response.

That's great to hear.

-What status was your K1 process in? Were you already contacted by Moscow Consulate for the interview (that's NOA2)?

Reason I ask is that our I129F was approved in October 2020 and even though I already have NVC's case number and Invoice ID, I haven't ever received any communication from NVC. Another question, did you guys fill out the DS160 before hearing back from NVC? We haven't filled out out yet and are unclear if we should at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 6/15/2021 at 4:17 PM, T1redofthis said:

We did this and got approved May 7th.  NVC still claims that they don't have any transfer requests from Warsaw.   Warsay just replies that they requested transfer May 7th and doesn't answer anything else.  Does anyone know how to get around this?

To what email address did you send your transfer request? Can you share or guide me to where i can find this info? I can't find a good email address for the Warsaw.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
16 hours ago, Jbivan said:

To what email address did you send your transfer request? Can you share or guide me to where i can find this info? I can't find a good email address for the Warsaw.

I have had emails from the embassy answered through the immigrantvisaswarsaw@state.gov address. It does take a few days to get a response. 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:17 PM, T1redofthis said:

We did this and got approved May 7th.  NVC still claims that they don't have any transfer requests from Warsaw.   Warsay just replies that they requested transfer May 7th and doesn't answer anything else.  Does anyone know how to get around this?

Hey, i got approved for transferring my k1 visa case from Moscow to Poland on April 15th. The nvc keeps saying that my case was placed on administrative/additional processing. Poland says that they actually requested the case on April 14th. 
Was anyone else told the same thing by the nvc

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.