15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Myanmar
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Valkirye5 said:

Just two  quick questions: are some ROC interviews waived and how often that happens? Thank you 

Last time I looked at VJ data (from the timelines) it seemed to be about 20 percent. 

AFAIK if there was neither a consular nor AOS interview a RoC interview is certain.  

Edited by Mike E

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Liechtenstein
Timeline
18 minutes ago, Mike E said:

Last time I looked at VJ data (from the timelines) it seemed to be about 20 percent. 

AFAIK if there was neither a consular nor AOS interview a RoC interview is certain.  

Thank you, I had AOS interview. 

Timeline
8 hours ago, HRQX said:

I know but I am asking for ROC 

Filed: Timeline
10 hours ago, Valkirye5 said:

If you had AoS interview, your RoC interview will likely be waived. No guarantees obviously. Chances of no interview are higher if you are assigned to a non-MSC center.

N-400

04-13-2022: Applied online; case received

04-15-2022: Biometric reused; case being actively reviewed

12-09-2022: Interview scheduled for 01-20-2023

01-20-2023: Recommended for approval, Oath Ceremony Will Be Scheduled

01-23-2023: Oath ceremony scheduled for 02-16-2023

02-16-2023: Oath taken, naturalized, journey OVER!!

RoC

04-14-2021: Package mailed

04-16-2021: Package delivered

05-04-2021: Text received (LIN)

05-05-2021: Check cashed

05-07-2021: I-797 received , GC extended by 18 months

05-28-2021: Biometrics waived -|- Case updated to Fingerprints taken
06-04-2021: Biometrics letter received (dated 05-28-2021)

05-10-2022: New card being produced

05-11-2022: Case approved

05-12-2022: Card mailed

05-16-2022: Card received; also received approval notice letter

Marriage based AoS
07-14-2018: Priority date
07-31-2018: Biometric review complete
07-31-2018: RFIE (I-864 related)
11-29-2018: Case ready for interview; EAD card being produced
06-04-2019: Interview scheduled
07-11-2019: Interview; new card being produced

07-18-2019: Card delivered

10 hours ago, Valkirye5 said:

If you did the AoS interview, it's unlikely you'll have to do the RoC interview. I did AoS too and my RoC was approved in less than a year with no interview. However, there are no guarantees and it's best to somewhat expect an interview just so you're mentally prepared in case they do call for one. I was very pleasantly surprised when our RoC approval notice came very suddenly and quickly because I was expecting at least a 50% chance that we were going to be called for an interview.

@Valkirye5, I am sure there a several factors at play here. If the officer adjudicating a petition has any fraud concerns, then the officer may always schedule an interview. It is always helpful to send as much quality evidence as possible. 

This article explains the fraud levels that USCIS assigns. https://citizenpath.com/avoiding-i-751-interview/

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
2 hours ago, elmers said:

If you had AoS interview, your RoC interview will likely be waived. No guarantees obviously. Chances of no interview are higher if you are assigned to a non-MSC center.

I had my AOS interview in our USCIS  field office in Helena. What is a non-MSC center ? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, mushroomspore said:

If you did the AoS interview, it's unlikely you'll have to do the RoC interview. I did AoS too and my RoC was approved in less than a year with no interview. However, there are no guarantees and it's best to somewhat expect an interview just so you're mentally prepared in case they do call for one. I was very pleasantly surprised when our RoC approval notice came very suddenly and quickly because I was expecting at least a 50% chance that we were going to be called for an interview.

Thank you so much. Oh will be  prepared so what happens, happens. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

@Valkirye5, I am sure there a several factors at play here. If the officer adjudicating a petition has any fraud concerns, then the officer may always schedule an interview. It is always helpful to send as much quality evidence as possible. 

This article explains the fraud levels that USCIS assigns. https://citizenpath.com/avoiding-i-751-interview/

Thank you- I will definitely prepare evidence ( 3 joint bank accounts, taxes together, last will,house deed, property deed , life insurance health insurance, vehicle title,  , some pictures,   utility bills , animals adoption and purchasing in both names ,vet bills in both names , my mail and joint mail at the same address, drives license and state ID at the same address,our credit cards with same numbers, and will possibly have friends affidavits) .

That is all we have. 

I am not afraid of the interview just curious. 

Edited by Valkirye5

8 minutes ago, Valkirye5 said:

Thank you- I will definitely prepare evidence ( 3 joint bank accounts, taxes together, last will,house deed, property deed , life insurance health insurance, vehicle title,  , some pictures,   utility bills , animals adoption and purchasing in both names ,vet bills in both names , my mail and joint mail at the same address, drives license and state ID at the same address,our credit cards with same numbers, and will possibly have friends affidavits) .

That is all we have. 

The evidence you have sounds good to me. I would just make sure to include evidence since the date of our marriage - even if you already included that evidence with your AOS petition, that's fine. Include it anyway. 

I-751 Joint Filing.

06-15-2021 - Case was updated to show fingerprints were taken. 

05-26-2021 - Received NOA/extension letter. Notice date and postmarked 05-20-2021.

05-23-2021 - Received text message with Receipt #. YSC Potomac Center.

05-21-2021 - Checks cashed (processing on joint checking account)

05-07-2021 - I-751 received in Arizona.

Marriage-based AOS - Concurrent filing.

05-07-2019 - AOS Approved. Resident since date 05/07/2019.

05-06-2019 - AOS Interview

04-23-2018 - "Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview"

03-16-2018 - Priority Date.

Timeline
4 minutes ago, USC4SPOUSE said:

The evidence you have sounds good to me. I would just make sure to include evidence since the date of our marriage - even if you already included that evidence with your AOS petition, that's fine. Include it anyway. 

I was thinking of doing that .Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Valkirye5 said:

That is all we have. 

Regardless of whether you end up having an interview or not, the evidence should be the same.

Timeline
26 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Regardless of whether you end up having an interview or not, the evidence should be the same.

I agree completely with that .

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.