laylalex

Report: Trump telling supporters he expects to be reinstated

142 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline
1 hour ago, moxy said:

Let's play devil's advocate and say you're right that he was right, because I just can't rehash all this anymore.

In what way is there a Constitutional route for Trump to re-take the Presidency and oust Joe Biden, other than winning the election in 2024?

Saying there must be some secret way or some way that nobody's thought of or re-counted votes showing fraud is not a viable answer, because nothing about the Constitution is secret, and the Constitution provides no remediation for a fraudulent outcome. Even if the current re-count silliness were to reveal deep-state level fraud and enough bamboo fibers to feed an embarrassment of pandas, there is no constitutional mechanism to restore Trump to office. The best you could hope for is that Biden is impeached and removed from office, and if it could be shown that Harris was involved then she'd be impeached and removed also, leaving Pelosi as the President until the next election. There is no way forward for Trump at all, let alone August, except to win in 2024. The fact that he's clutching on to these conspiracies should give you great pause as a supporter.

There isn't one, so this discussion seems to be a moot point.

Visa Received : 2014-04-04 (K1 - see timeline for details)

US Entry : 2014-09-12

POE: Detroit

Marriage : 2014-09-27

I-765 Approved: 2015-01-09

I-485 Interview: 2015-03-11

I-485 Approved: 2015-03-13

Green Card Received: 2015-03-24 Yeah!!!

I-751 ROC Submitted: 2016-12-20

I-751 NOA Received:  2016-12-29

I-751 Biometrics Appt.:  2017-01-26

I-751 Interview:  2018-04-10

I-751 Approved:  2018-05-04

N400 Filed:  2018-01-13

N400 Biometrics:  2018-02-22

N400 Interview:  2018-04-10

N400 Approved:  2018-04-10

Oath Ceremony:  2018-06-11 - DONE!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

What possible scenario could this possibly happen. I cant think of any?

I think the plan is that the election is declared fraudulent.  There is a new election held where we decide if we want four more years of a Trump presidency or do we become a Trump monarchy.  Then we all carry Trump back to the white house on our shoulders.

Yep, that's the plan.  It's all in the constitution.  It's really what our founding fathers wanted.

Timeline

If Republicans want to continue to have influence at the national level they need to move beyond Trump - the man has had an underwater approval rating for most of his presidency and only had about 30% of the population that support him. He may have been able to persuade undecideds in 2016, but not so much anymore - you either love him or hate him. I do not see a party that understands how to think about the future, the changing face of america (i.e. white voters being a minority for under 40s), etc while they so in thrall to this undisciplined, narcissistic and divisive man. 

Timeline
44 minutes ago, B_J said:

I think the plan is that the election is declared fraudulent.  There is a new election held where we decide if we want four more years of a Trump presidency or do we become a Trump monarchy.  Then we all carry Trump back to the white house on our shoulders.

Yep, that's the plan.  It's all in the constitution.  It's really what our founding fathers wanted.

Wasn't that the plan by the losing side in 2016?

40 minutes ago, B_J said:

Yep, I've seen this argument made in all seriousness, like it's something that could just happen. It's unfortunate we have so many adults in this country that just do not understand how government works, specifically the Constitution.

1 minute ago, Dashinka said:

Wasn't that the plan by the losing side in 2016?

I've never heard this. I mean, I'm sure there was one or several fringe Facebook groups that endorsed this idea. Left or right, there's never a shortage of uneducated and outright delusionals. But to my knowledge, Clinton conceded in the normal fashion and her lawyers never once talked about how she would replace Trump in 2017.

3 minutes ago, moxy said:

Yep, I've seen this argument made in all seriousness, like it's something that could just happen. It's unfortunate we have so many adults in this country that just do not understand how government works, specifically the Constitution.

My hope is that Trump sort of disappears and the Republicans just move on to a more normal candidate.  There are actually some people with potential but the party has to get out of the shadow of Trump in order for them to succeed, imo.

1 minute ago, B_J said:

My hope is that Trump sort of disappears and the Republicans just move on to a more normal candidate.  There are actually some people with potential but the party has to get out of the shadow of Trump in order for them to succeed, imo.

I desperately want conservatives to take back the Republican Party. The absolute craziness that's taken it over the GOP scares me to death.

Timeline
9 minutes ago, moxy said:

I've never heard this. I mean, I'm sure there was one or several fringe Facebook groups that endorsed this idea. Left or right, there's never a shortage of uneducated and outright delusionals. But to my knowledge, Clinton conceded in the normal fashion and her lawyers never once talked about how she would replace Trump in 2017.

I am not sure it was a concession in the normal fashion, I understand a hotel room took quite a beating.  You are right though, the 2016 loss strategy was to simply throw everything against the wall and let those with little critical thinking skills (primarily the mainstream media types) take the ball and run.  I think the same strategy should be run against our current WH occupant.

4 minutes ago, moxy said:

I desperately want conservatives to take back the Republican Party. The absolute craziness that's taken it over the GOP scares me to death.

Why?  Shouldn't they match the craziness of the Democrat Party?

2 minutes ago, Dashinka said:

I am not sure it was a concession in the normal fashion, I understand a hotel room took quite a beating.  You are right though, the 2016 loss strategy was to simply throw everything against the wall and let those with little critical thinking skills (primarily the mainstream media types) take the ball and run.  I think the same strategy should be run against our current WH occupant.

Heh, I guess we have very different memories of the 2016 elections.

Why?  Shouldn't they match the craziness of the Democrat Party?

I guess we'll just have to disagree here too. Yes, the Democratic Party is often problematic. Joe Biden is not the second coming, and continues to disappoint me on key issues, although in ways that probably don't align with why you're disappointed with him. But I completely reject the idea that both parties are the same. It used to be that way. It's not now. Somewhere along the line, Republicans lost their way. There is no Trump equivalent in the Democratic Party. No Boebert, no Greene, no Gaetz, etc. Democrats are not actively trying to suppress voting rights. Republicans are. (invariably AOC will come up, but the worst you can say about AOC is that you disagree with her political ideology. Same with Sanders.) What I'm saying is that I'd like the Republican Party to come back to just being a normal damaged party in a normal two party system of two damaged parties. (Again, I'm not carrying water for the Dems here. I'm calling it as I see it. If there were a Democratic equivalent of Trump, I'd be the first in line to call for his impeachment.)

2 hours ago, moxy said:

I loved most of Trump's policies.  As a person he is a complete jerk and I grew tired of his bombastic rants. 

He should have shut up during corona and let Pence talk. I have no doubt had corona not happened he would be President today 

1 minute ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I loved most of Trump's policies.  As a person he is a complete jerk and I grew tired of his bombastic rants. 

He should have shut up during corona and let Pence talk. I have no doubt had corona not happened he would be President today 

Had Trump handled covid in a meaningful and serious way, I think that would have gone a long way towards him being re-elected, yes. But we can say that about almost anything during his presidency. If he had tweeted less, if he'd demonstrated any level of compassion for anyone besides himself and his family, if he'd have demonstrated any competency or understanding of foreign and domestic policy, if he had put competent people in charge of key positions, if his one key criteria for anyone around him was ability to do the job instead of personal loyalty to him. If he hadn't tear-gassed peaceful protesters so he could stand in front of a boarded up church and look like a complete fool holding a bible. I mean, the list goes on and on. Much of my loathing of the man was (and is) just him as an absolutely horrible person. But even if I set that aside, and even if I set aside his political agenda, the man was and is just incompetent at running a real estate business, let alone a country. He has no grasp on policy, no grasp on world affairs, alienated our allies, embraced our adversaries and enemies, disregarded any decorum and ceremony, and lied and lied and lied even when the truth was in front of his nose. I wouldn't have tolerated this from any political party, Democrat, Republican, independent, or any other. I am absolutely flabbergasted that he came so close to being re-elected. He demonstrates no Republican value that I know of.

1 hour ago, Nature Boy 2.0 said:

I'm not so certain of that. It probably did contribute to his downfall, but no doubt something else would have come up. Why do you think he should have let Pence talk? Was there something wrong with him? 😉 And if there was something wrong with the things he said, you have to wonder how stable a person is who thinks and says these things.

3 hours ago, moxy said:

The people that make these crazed arguments are 100% serious... and that's how these things start. Slowly at first, perhaps no one taking it serious could be a problem. A republic, if we can keep it.

Our Journey Timeline  - Immigration and the Health Exchange Price of Love in the UK Thinking of Returning to UK?

First met: 12/31/04 - Engaged: 9/24/09
Filed I-129F: 10/4/14 - Packet received: 10/7/14
NOA 1 email + ARN assigned: 10/10/14 (hard copy 10/17/14)
Touched on website (fixed?): 12/9/14 - Poked USCIS: 4/1/15
NOA 2 email: 5/4/15 (hard copy 5/11/15)
Sent to NVC: 5/8/15 - NVC received + #'s assigned: 5/15/15 (estimated)
NVC sent: 5/19/15 - London received/ready: 5/26/15
Packet 3: 5/28/15 - Medical: 6/16/15
Poked London 7/1/15 - Packet 4: 7/2/15
Interview: 7/30/15 - Approved!
AP + Issued 8/3/15 - Visa in hand (depot): 8/6/15
POE: 8/27/15

Wedding: 9/30/15

Filed I-485, I-131, I-765: 11/7/15

Packet received: 11/9/15

NOA 1 txt/email: 11/15/15 - NOA 1 hardcopy: 11/19/15

Bio: 12/9/15

EAD + AP approved: 1/25/16 - EAD received: 2/1/16

RFE for USCIS inability to read vax instructions: 5/21/16 (no e-notification & not sent from local office!)

RFE response sent: 6/7/16 - RFE response received 6/9/16

AOS approved/card in production: 6/13/16  

NOA 2 hardcopy + card sent 6/17/16

Green Card received: 6/18/16

USCIS 120 day reminder notice: 2/22/18

Filed I-751: 5/2/18 - Packet received: 5/4/18

NOA 1:  5/29/18 (12 mo ext) 8/13/18 (18 mo ext)  - Bio: 6/27/18

Transferred: Potomac Service Center 3/26/19

Approved/New Card Produced status: 4/25/19 - NOA2 hardcopy 4/29/19

10yr Green Card Received: 5/2/19 with error >_<

N400 : 7/16/23 - Oath : 10/19/23

Timeline
3 hours ago, moxy said:

Heh, I guess we have very different memories of the 2016 elections.

I guess we'll just have to disagree here too. Yes, the Democratic Party is often problematic. Joe Biden is not the second coming, and continues to disappoint me on key issues, although in ways that probably don't align with why you're disappointed with him. But I completely reject the idea that both parties are the same. It used to be that way. It's not now. Somewhere along the line, Republicans lost their way. There is no Trump equivalent in the Democratic Party. No Boebert, no Greene, no Gaetz, etc. Democrats are not actively trying to suppress voting rights. Republicans are. (invariably AOC will come up, but the worst you can say about AOC is that you disagree with her political ideology. Same with Sanders.) What I'm saying is that I'd like the Republican Party to come back to just being a normal damaged party in a normal two party system of two damaged parties. (Again, I'm not carrying water for the Dems here. I'm calling it as I see it. If there were a Democratic equivalent of Trump, I'd be the first in line to call for his impeachment.)

There's no Trump equivalent in the Democrat Party?  We get the same types of Twitter rants from many of the "leaders" (The squad, Chuckie, etc.) of that Party just like we got from Trump.  There are plenty of sexual deviants in the Democrat Party as well (Bill Clinton, Joe Biden, etc.)  and several that love a good conspiracy (Swalwell and Schiff come to mind).  That is not to mention the racist/bigoted past and present of the Democrats.  The Democrats or more accurately, Bernie Sanders also had a very extreme follower that everyone likes to forget.   Whatever, justify it any way you want.