Ben450

Hong Kong Embassy - how long to schedule interview after DQ

110 posts in this topic

@cmncl so I had my interview last Friday 9/30.  The staff were friendly, and the whole process was quick.   The CO told me my visa was approved.  On 10/3, the CEAC status went to Admin Processing and then to "Issued".  Waiting for my passport to be delivered now.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-5 Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

My application was DQ on Sept 24, 2022 under IR2 and now pending for the interview appointment notification. I have a question regarding the application of no criminal record from the Hong Kong Police department. I found that it takes a month for application appointment time slot, then 3 weeks processing time. Since the Hong Kong Police department requires the interview appointment letter from the US Consulate General in order to apply for the no criminal record, this means the record may not be available before the interview. Has anyone encounter any problem with it?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
18 hours ago, Alice1203 said:

My application was DQ on Sept 24, 2022 under IR2 and now pending for the interview appointment notification. I have a question regarding the application of no criminal record from the Hong Kong Police department. I found that it takes a month for application appointment time slot, then 3 weeks processing time. Since the Hong Kong Police department requires the interview appointment letter from the US Consulate General in order to apply for the no criminal record, this means the record may not be available before the interview. Has anyone encounter any problem with it?

The interview can go ahead as scheduled.  They will just make the visa processing conditional on you getting the criminal background check completed.  I would suggest getting the letter from the embassy requesting the CNCC check from the Hong Kong Police force.  Keep an eye on the website for last minute open appointments.  I was able to get one of those.  The criminal background check will then be sent to the embassy and you can arrange to pick it up.  I got the Canadian embassy to give me the letter and it was really easy.  It would be possible to get it all done in 4-6 weeks if you can get lucky with the HKG police station.  Good luck!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Many thanks for your kind advice. Much appreciated. I am able to book a November 2, 2022 but I doubt the interview appointment notification will arrive before that. I shall contact the US Consulate General in Hong Kong to see if it can help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/5/2022 at 2:55 PM, Madrismo said:

@cmncl so I had my interview last Friday 9/30.  The staff were friendly, and the whole process was quick.   The CO told me my visa was approved.  On 10/3, the CEAC status went to Admin Processing and then to "Issued".  Waiting for my passport to be delivered now.

Congrats! Wow, that was quick! Hope you already got your passport back

• 1 month later...

I wanted to put our dates here because this thread was so useful when we got our DQ notice and I wanted to know how long until our interview in HK! Good luck to all moving forward.

DQ: December 16

Interview email: December 26

Interview scheduled: February 23

• 1 month later...
On 12/27/2022 at 12:11 AM, maebradley2 said:

I wanted to put our dates here because this thread was so useful when we got our DQ notice and I wanted to know how long until our interview in HK! Good luck to all moving forward.

DQ: December 16

Interview email: December 26

Interview scheduled: February 23

that's great news. We were approved on the 23rd so hopefully we will be getting our interview letter sometime this week. Wishing you a very successful interview

• 4 months later...
On 10/5/2022 at 2:55 PM, Madrismo said:

Hello @Madrismo, how long did it take for your passport to get delivered to you after the interview? Thanks!

On 6/23/2023 at 11:18 PM, pizzapancake said:

Hello @Madrismo, how long did it take for your passport to get delivered to you after the interview? Thanks!

If I remember correctly, I had the interview on Sept. 30, and I picked up my passport on Oct. 6 from Wanchai.

Hello, posting my DQ and interview details in case it's useful for anyone. It was much faster than I expected!

Documents sent to NVC: June 9 

DQ: June 24

Interview email: June 29

Interview date: August 29

Edited by pizzapancake

• 1 month later...

Hi all! Is anyone else waiting for an interview date? We got DQ pretty quickly and thought we had some momentum. Two weeks have come and gone, however, and there's been complete radio silence. I probably sound impatient, I was just hoping the trend of getting interview dates soon after DQ would have continued. Anyone else waiting?

congrats... give it another couple of weeks.  If you check my timeline you will see that you are still within expectations.  once again... CONGRATS!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Suggest you go ahead and get your doctors appointment scheduled. You would want to be about two weeks before your interview so that it can be submitted with your interview. You will have six months from the medical to enter the United States with your dependent.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.