Ben450

Hong Kong Embassy - how long to schedule interview after DQ

110 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

At what stage was he challenged? At the embassy or prior to that? We were asked for additional documents for "proof of domicile" in the US, at the NVC stage but once we got to embassy interview stage all of that had been accepted and was in order. 

• 3 weeks later...

We got DQ on July 14, 2022.  Applying for an IR1 visa. Any idea how long the wait for interview might be?  Seems like it used to be about a month, but not sure now, as they had shut the embassy for a few months earlier in the year.

Timeline

@Madrismo for us it was about a month to get the letter that we had an appointment at the HK embassy. Then the appointment was a month after that. So about 2 months from DQ to the actual interview.  Interview was June 28, 2022.  

Timeline

@Madrismo

I looked up our exact dates to give you a bit more context. It was just over a month between each. 

DQ: April 4, 2022

Notice of interview: May 17, 2022

Interview: June 28, 2022 

I hope this helps you and best of luck to you!!

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
Just now, Madrismo said:

@cmncl i got DQ on July 15, received interview letter on August 5, for a Sept 30 interview.

May I know what visa you are applying?

3 hours ago, Madrismo said:

@cmncl i got DQ on July 15, received interview letter on August 5, for a Sept 30 interview.

Nice! I guess mine would be in Oct or Nov.

Good luck with yours! Please let us know how it goes after :)

3 hours ago, Jackson087 said:

May I know what visa you are applying?

IR1 like @Madrismo said.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/25/2022 at 12:23 PM, ChefCurry said:

Can anyone share what interview questions they ask for F4 visa interviews?

For F4 visa, nothing specify as long as you can prove the siblings' relationship with the documents and tell what you know about your sibling,  such as his/her job, when you last meet him/her, where he/her lives, and how long has he/her been in the US, etc....

BTW,  may you share your timeline?  How long have you been waiting after DQ? Does the interview be delayed by the pandemic? When is your interview?

On 8/26/2022 at 4:12 AM, mmju1 said:

For F4 visa, nothing specify as long as you can prove the siblings' relationship with the documents and tell what you know about your sibling,  such as his/her job, when you last meet him/her, where he/her lives, and how long has he/her been in the US, etc....

BTW,  may you share your timeline?  How long have you been waiting after DQ? Does the interview be delayed by the pandemic? When is your interview?

DQ was May of last year. Interview Sept 1.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.