Ben450

Hong Kong Embassy - how long to schedule interview after DQ

110 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 hours ago, themandalorian said:

How do you know if you've been "DQ'd"? 

When you log in to NVC, you will see a message in your "messages" tab, saying all your documents have been approved and then the words "Documentarily Qualified" in the body of the e-mail. 

Timeline
On 4/19/2022 at 6:33 AM, bite2019 said:

Hi! May i know when was you DQ and what visa type are you?  Congratulations!

@eng - yes, very excited to hear you have an interview at the end of May. Could we trouble you to share the type of visa you applied for as well as your DQ date so we can try to estimate our timing as well. Congratulations once again and we hope all goes smoothly for you for the rest of the process.

6 hours ago, RDWP said:

@eng - yes, very excited to hear you have an interview at the end of May. Could we trouble you to share the type of visa you applied for as well as your DQ date so we can try to estimate our timing as well. Congratulations once again and we hope all goes smoothly for you for the rest of the process.

Aug 05 apply

Only paid in june 19

Jan 20,2020 dq

you can expect normally receive six reminder emails then u will receive interview email

f4 visa

55 minutes ago, eng said:

Aug 05 apply

Only paid in june 19

Jan 20,2020 dq

you can expect normally receive six reminder emails then u will receive interview email

f4 visa

I don't think you have to wait as long as us. Our case had the worst timing. When we were DQ, most immigration cases were suspended due to the executive order, then everything was delayed by Covid19. If things go back to normal, usually it would just take 2 months or so. 

23 minutes ago, Lingqu said:

I don't think you have to wait as long as us. Our case had the worst timing. When we were DQ, most immigration cases were suspended due to the executive order, then everything was delayed by Covid19. If things go back to normal, usually it would just take 2 months or so. 

True. However i believe it still take some time to clear the queue.

12 hours ago, Lingqu said:

You will receive an email and notification from NVC after your documents are submitted and accepted by NVC

Thanks! 

Finally heard back from NVC for the first time since February. As a self employed person for over 12 years they are asking for W-2s or 1099s. Otherwise I will not meet the minimum income level I guess. I am over the minimum amount but I guess the W-2s need to show that? Also they're asking for 2020 which is strange since my situation has greatly changed in the last year. Should I just attach as much information to the file as possible? 

3 hours ago, bite2019 said:

Hi, just to let you know My hubby received his interview letter today! DQ feb 8th, IR1

Congratulations!!! So happy for you👍 
it very nice to see any progress from the consulate.

Do you have to schedule the interview date yourself on the system? Or they just assign a date for you?

Edited by ZackyV

Timeline

@bite2019 Very exciting that your hubby received the interview date! When is the interview scheduled for?  My hubby was DQ'd April 4th (IR1) and we are really hoping it speeds up now that HK is opening up a bit. Congratulations to you! You are almost there!

7 hours ago, ZackyV said:

Congratulations!!! So happy for you👍 
it very nice to see any progress from the consulate.

Do you have to schedule the interview date yourself on the system? Or they just assign a date for you?

They just assigned a date to us

Just now, bite2019 said:

They just assigned a date to us

4 hours ago, RDWP said:

@bite2019 Very exciting that your hubby received the interview date! When is the interview scheduled for?  My hubby was DQ'd April 4th (IR1) and we are really hoping it speeds up now that HK is opening up a bit. Congratulations to you! You are almost there!

Its scheduled for june 28th.  Hope no more 6th wave closures! Fingers crossed🤞🏼

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline
On 5/3/2022 at 6:22 PM, Lingqu said:

Actually I am curious why would you have the interview as in the consulate page I have the following statement.

The U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau is currently offering IR1, IR2, CR1, CR2, K and EB5 immigrant visa appointments and all classes of nonimmigrant visa services.

I am so depressed as I am LPR and my spouse petition visa isn't in the scope. Your case is a candle in the dark.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/6/2022 at 3:25 AM, RDWP said:

Our dq date is just a week apart, mine got dq on 26 Mar 2022😂 its very close

we should keep each other informed then since our situation is the most similar  

Edited by ZackyV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.