Ben450

Hong Kong Embassy - how long to schedule interview after DQ

110 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Anyone recently did their interview in HK Embassy?

If so, may I know when your case became Documentarily Qualified (DQ)?

F4

3/20/2020 - DQ

3/4/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 120 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

If we know what DQ date is being interviewed in HK Embassy, it'll help give us an idea how much longer we have to wait.  It has been more than a year since our case became DQ.  Contacting NVC always receive the same response - case is Documentarily Qualified.

Thanks

• 5 months later...

Hi, 

Do you get an interview yet?

I'm almost in the same boat as you.

F4

I first received email for DQ on January 29, 2020. Then another email for DQ on Mar 6, 2020. 

Hong Kong Consulate said they don't have our case while NVC keeps telling us that they are waiting for availability of interview slot. 

F4 visa issuance has been moving along. 

So just wonder how is your case going? It is so hard so we can't even find out what is the approximate date of DQ case they are working on now?

Thanks. 

Timeline

Nope.  No interview schedule.  Have you been receiving more emails from NVC?  So far, this is what we have received.

F4

3/20/2020 - DQ

3/4/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 120 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

5/29/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

7/28/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

9/27/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

Expecting to hear something before end of this month.  Don't know what's going on but it shouldn't be taking this long unless Hong Kong Embassy is not interviewing.

Wow! You must be as anxious as I'm. I forgot how long I have been expecting to hear about the interview. 

It looks like that they are interviewing at a good speed according to the statistics: 

Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics (state.gov)

I will post if I hear anything. Hope to hear from you as well. 

I just pray that our cases have not fallen through the crack. 

Timeline

Thanks for the link

Looks like they started picking up the interviews in June 2021 this year.  If the stats are reliable, we should expect to hear something within two months hopefully.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

So heard from NVC.  Wait another 60 days

11/26/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

Lingqu, do you know how often the site, Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics (state.gov), is updated.  I only see till Sep 2021.

5 hours ago, Ben450 said:

So heard from NVC.  Wait another 60 days

11/26/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

Lingqu, do you know how often the site, Monthly Immigrant Visa Issuance Statistics (state.gov), is updated.  I only see till Sep 2021.

Same here. 

I don't know when do they update it. 

Don't think too much about it. At least, that's what I'm doing now. 

If we don't know what is the documentarily ready date they are working on, number of F4 visas they issue each month doesn't have much meaning. 

Timeline

So back in Jan 2020, my sister-in-law got DQ and her case was sent to Hong Kong Embassy in Mar 2020 and scheduled for interview.  Their interview got cancelled when the lockdown happened 

In March 2021, they got their interview and are now green card holders

I was thinking based on this information maybe we can get an idea of when a March 2020 DQ will be sent to the Hong Kong Embassy

Edited by Ben450

On 11/29/2021 at 5:57 PM, Ben450 said:

So back in Jan 2020, my sister-in-law got DQ and her case was sent to Hong Kong Embassy in Mar 2020 and scheduled for interview.  Their interview got cancelled when the lockdown happened 

In March 2021, they got their interview and are now green card holders

I was thinking based on this information maybe we can get an idea of when a March 2020 DQ will be sent to the Hong Kong Embassy

I see what you mean. 

I'm less optimistic. If the case had been sent to the Consulate before the shutdown of the so called Covid-19, the Consulate would work on cleaning up the backlog. But for our cases that are still with NVC, I feel the Consulate is not giving many interview slots to NVC or NVC is not sending the cases over, where I don't even know which one is which, we have fallen into some kind of dark hole. 

Hi all,

I applied aug 2005

Nov 2018 nov informed me can pay application fee 

Jun 2019 i pay the application fee

dq march 2020

Now still no news yet.

i have already received five reminder emails

I know there is an applicant in the whats app group that 
Priority date : aug 2005
QD: 18 march 2020

and she got interview in end Sept.

just don’t understand what sequence the embassy is following…

Very frustrating to wait so long and not even know when we could expect the visa will arrive.

have been waiting for interview before covid..

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 1:54 PM, Ben450 said:

Nope.  No interview schedule.  Have you been receiving more emails from NVC?  So far, this is what we have received.

F4

3/20/2020 - DQ

5/29/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

7/28/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

9/27/2021 - received email from NVC stating within 60 days, we'll receive either an interview appointment or a confirmation that we are still in queue

Expecting to hear something before end of this month.  Don't know what's going on but it shouldn't be taking this long unless Hong Kong Embassy is not interviewing.

Hi Ben450:   Any news for interview? Nothing for me. 

Timeline
On 1/4/2022 at 7:09 AM, Lingqu said:

Hi Ben450:   Any news for interview? Nothing for me. 

Hi Lingqu

Nothing new.  Still waiting.  I did notice the Nov 21 issuance date has been published. Hong Kong seemed to have issued 52 F4 visa.  Since June 2021, Hong Kong has issued about 300 F4 visa.

Before the pandemic, it looks to be a 2-month timeframe between being DQ and scheduled for an interview based on my sister-in-law experience.

So the question is how many got DQ between Jan 2020 and March 2020?  I’m estimating about 300 got DQ based on past visa issuances.

I’m guessing the schedule should be really close.

• 1 month later...
On 1/8/2022 at 12:42 PM, Ben450 said:

Hi Lingqu

Nothing new.  Still waiting.  I did notice the Nov 21 issuance date has been published. Hong Kong seemed to have issued 52 F4 visa.  Since June 2021, Hong Kong has issued about 300 F4 visa.

Before the pandemic, it looks to be a 2-month timeframe between being DQ and scheduled for an interview based on my sister-in-law experience.

So the question is how many got DQ between Jan 2020 and March 2020?  I’m estimating about 300 got DQ based on past visa issuances.

I’m guessing the schedule should be really close.

Hi Ben450, 

Any news? Nothing for us again :(

Timeline

Lingqu, nothing new here.  I finally contacted the US Embassy in Hong Kong and they said

“The U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau is currently offering IR1/CR1, IR2/CR2, IR5, IH4 and K1 visa categories and all nonimmigrant visa services.”

I asked them after when they will process F4 visa and they said they don’t know.  Really strange.  Maybe the delay is with the embassy in Hong Kong and not with NVC.  Why are they not processing other visa categories?

Now the omicron virus is hitting Hong Kong really hard.

22 hours ago, Ben450 said:

Lingqu, nothing new here.  I finally contacted the US Embassy in Hong Kong and they said

“The U.S. Consulate General Hong Kong and Macau is currently offering IR1/CR1, IR2/CR2, IR5, IH4 and K1 visa categories and all nonimmigrant visa services.”

I asked them after when they will process F4 visa and they said they don’t know.  Really strange.  Maybe the delay is with the embassy in Hong Kong and not with NVC.  Why are they not processing other visa categories?

Now the omicron virus is hitting Hong Kong really hard.

Hopefully they are just giving you a template response instead of limiting to certain visa category. 

I agree that the delay is caused by the Consulate. As far as I know, the Consulate will tell NVC each month how many interview slots they have for specific category, then NVC will send the cases over. Judging that NVC is sending the update email to all applicants, I believe they do have the files on hand ready to send over. 

Just now we just hope that Hong Kong will overcome Omicron as soon as possible. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.