Brookeandluuk

K1 reissue request - follow up interview

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Hello everyone, 

Perhaps someone can help me out here. I have requested the embassy to reissue my expired k1 visa. It has expired (in june) during the covid travel restrictions, restricting me of travel to the USA from Europe. Today I have received the following email (which I think is positive): 

We are inviting you for a follow-up interview on x

Before this appointment it is crucial you compete a new DS 160 application from.

You received instructions to return you IV packet to this office, please follow the guidance and return us you IV documents.

In order for us to process your K1 visa application we need you to complete the following steps. You can complete these steps after your follow-up interview.

• Login to your account and pay the application fee. https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-nl/iv
  • You medical is expired, please follow the guidance in the attached documents to schedule an appointment for a new medical.
  • Request updated Dutch Police Certificate (VOG)
  • Updated Financial documents I-134 and tax documents

Kind regards,

This leaves me with the following questions:

- Is the IV packet the sealed big envelop I have received when my visa first was approved? 

- does the embassy want that sealed envelop send to them via mail or me to take it to them on the date of our interview?

- What to expect from a follow up interview.

Thank you for your time and response. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

1.  Yes

2.  Tone would indicate in advance. Also indicates you should have instructions on how to return 

3.  Would expect primarily questions regarding updating documents.  One thing that might include is verifying you and your USCs continued intent to the 90 days to marriage 

YMMV

Timeline
3 minutes ago, payxibka said:

1.  Yes

2.  Tone would indicate in advance. Also indicates you should have instructions on how to return 

3.  Would expect primarily questions regarding updating documents.  One thing that might include is verifying you and your USCs continued intent to the 90 days to marriage 

Thank you for your response. It also raises questions that I have to provide ceratin documents for a k1 application, yet it can be done after the follow up interview. As far as I understand now I have to come in for an interview for questions from the embassy agent and that further actions may be decided thereafter. Could that be correct you think?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Brookeandluuk said:

Thank you for your response. It also raises questions that I have to provide ceratin documents for a k1 application, yet it can be done after the follow up interview. As far as I understand now I have to come in for an interview for questions from the embassy agent and that further actions may be decided thereafter. Could that be correct you think?

It could be a full re-interview but my guess it will concentrate on updating the ds160, a new fee payment,  new medical, updated police report,  updated Affidavit of Support and continued intent to marry 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow!    she 

needs to pay a new fee????

with covid being the reason?

i understand why people need new medical (even before covid)

but paying new fee  immigration needs money that bad???

Timeline
29 minutes ago, payxibka said:

It could be a full re-interview but my guess it will concentrate on updating the ds160, a new fee payment,  new medical, updated police report,  updated Affidavit of Support and continued intent to marry 

Thank you once again.

So do you think we will only discuss on updating those documents? since it states that these could be completed after the interview. 

34 minutes ago, Brookeandluuk said:

Thank you once again.

So do you think we will only discuss on updating those documents? since it states that these could be completed after the interview. 

If you want that visa, go to the interview completely ready with everything they require.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey BrookeandLuuk,

Hope you figured out everything regarding your appointment. Me and my fiancé are in the same boat. We have been trying to get in touch with the embassy since April 9th but are not getting a response. How long did it take you to receive the email and who did you contact to get this response? 

Thanks and good luck!

Edited by LukeMIchelle

Timeline
22 hours ago, LukeMIchelle said:

Hey BrookeandLuuk,

Hope you figured out everything regarding your appointment. Me and my fiancé are in the same boat. We have been trying to get in touch with the embassy since April 9th but are not getting a response. How long did it take you to receive the email and who did you contact to get this response? 

Thanks and good luck!

Hello Luke and/or Michelle, 

I'm sorry to hear you guys are in the same boat! Hope things will change soon for us both. 

I will try and run you through it briefly so you get an idea what I have done, but i cannot gaurantee if it will help you guys or not, I do hope so though!

At the 10th of June I will have my appointment at the embassy. Not sure what to expect still. But we are preparing everything like it is the usual interview. 

I have send the email on wednessday the 12th of May and received word on monday the 17th of may.  A week before I had also emailed with no respsonse. I have also emailed when the visa was about to expire and the day the visa had expired as well. At that time they had tolld me to get back to them when travel would be possible again. 

What I have tried doing is to make sure the general idea of the email was a request and not a question. I have tried doing so by the following: 

- I've put 'Re-issue request K1 (+CASE NUMBER) in the title. 

- briefly explainging the situation and ending with the fact that the visa is requested to be re-issued. 

- added as much case details as possible (like uscis number, NVC number, A-number etc.) 

- stated that the visa is unused, that the situation remains the same, and than requested the reissuance again. 

- I've ended with the following: Please confirm/inform if this email has been received and/or been reviewed.

- than ive added a scan of my unused visa and a copy of my passport.

- and i've send my mail right before 8:00 in the morning. 

This is what had 'worked' for me. Perhaps the things stated above are redundant, but it may give you a good idea and help you with getting in touch with the embassy.  Nothing worse than being left in the dark.

Ps. the Dutch us embassy states that they have fewer personnel than usual, and thus it can take longer to receive a response. 

• 1 month later...

Hi, 

If I understand correctly from your immigration timeline, you got approved and received the K1 visa january 2020? 
I can't imagine the struggle it must've been not being able to go while having the visa. I'm so happy to read you now have a follow-up interview planned. I hope all goes well. 
I was wondering is the expiration time of the K1 visa? Is it 6 months? 

Thank you. All the best

Timeline
8 minutes ago, JonathanandNoel said:

Hi, 

If I understand correctly from your immigration timeline, you got approved and received the K1 visa january 2020? 
I can't imagine the struggle it must've been not being able to go while having the visa. I'm so happy to read you now have a follow-up interview planned. I hope all goes well. 
I was wondering is the expiration time of the K1 visa? Is it 6 months? 

Thank you. All the best

6 mos from date of the medical.   Certain exclusions may apply.

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.