Figtrees

RFE ,and deed only on my name

29 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Figtrees said:

I checked this morning,  it still shows the same information as it did January 2020....

That's disturbing always when they don't update the online status

Did you check both old and new websites:
old: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

new: https://my.uscis.gov/

Does it say fingerprints were taken?

23 minutes ago, Figtrees said:

That's a good question.

I sent tax documents from H&R Block, bank passes and receipt of a hotel we stayed during our trip to my home country.

To be honest,  we had so much going at that time with moving, selling the house,  I basically slacked and wasn't thoroughly. 

Ahh, I got you. Hey life happens. Hopefully you get good news soon because everything you listed is pretty through.

12 minutes ago, LirikBlaidd87 said:

That's disturbing always when they don't update the online status

Did you check both old and new websites:
old: https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

new: https://my.uscis.gov/

Does it say fingerprints were taken?

I use the new site and it says : Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken , January 29th 2020...

We received the RFE beginning of April of this year.

During the Adjustment of Status they were very accurate.
But with the Removal of conditions it has been very frustrating. For over a year I have been looking at the status, hoping for it to change.
And when it showed case was outside of processing times, we immediately filed a case inquiry end of March and two weeks later received the RFE.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You are getting good advice.  It appears (through being on VJ for years and years) that proving that you live together is one of the first and most important parts of the evidence you send.

You do need to write an explanation of your situation.  Explain that you and your spouse have different ways of handling money, that he has had former debt, and then lay out who owned what when.

You'll be fine.  You just didn't tell this piece of your story in enough detail.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Spoiler

Spoiler

Our Prior Journey

N-400 Naturalization

18-Feb-2018 - submitted N-400 online, credit card charged

18-Feb-2018 - NOA1

12-Mar-2018 - Biometrics 

18-June-2018 - Notice of interview received

26-July-2018 - Interview  - APPROVED!!!

26-July-2018 - Oath Ceremony Scheduled

17-Aug-2018 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
On 5/5/2021 at 6:47 AM, Figtrees said:

Hi everyone,

We filed removal of conditions for the green cards of me and my daughter in august 2019.
After biometrics in 2020 we didn't hear anything back until i requested for more information in march 2021.

Beginning of April we received a RFE letter stating: that the evidence we submitted wasn't sufficient enough to proof good faith marriage.
We can submit new evidence, which includes a deed, mortgage or lease agreement.

And this is where our unique situation  comes in:

We got married in 2016, received the conditional green card in 2017 and filed for removal of conditions in August 2018.

I'm the green card holder, my husband is the US citizen. I was married before up until my previous husband deceased. 
My previous husband , with whom I had children, left us money for the future of our children.
I used the money he left us to invest in property in my home country. The investment was for the future of our  children as we had planned during the time he was alive.
My current husband handles his finances differently and has accumulated quite a bit of debt. Before our marriage we agreed that because of this debt I would like to protect my children's financial future..
I sold the property in 2019 and bought the house we live in now, the deed is on my name and there is no mortgage involved.
We are now faced with this RFE and although we have a lot of proof to show that we are genuinely married, it makes me nervous.
I don't know if the weight of the proof we are submitting will outweigh the fact that he is not on the deed.

Also" the previous house we lived in from 2016 - 2019 was my current husband's. The deed was in his name.
He sold that property and used most of it to pay part if his debt. 

This is the evidence we are sending:

1.       Tax documents 2017 – 2020 obtained from the IRS.gov website, showing that we have been filing taxes married jointly, since 2017.

2.       W-2’s

3.       Monthly Bank of America statements 2017 – 2021, showing our transactions since 2017 up to 2021.

4.       Home insurance policy with both our names

5.       Confirmation letter from XXXX Employers Pension XXXX showing XXXX XXXX has been registered as spouse. In the event XXXX XXXX deceases before XXXX XXXX, he is the beneficiary of the spouse pension.

6.       Drivers’ licenses from both XXXX XXXX and XXXX XXXX showing both live on the same address on XXXXXXXXXXXXX. Also included is a copy of XXXX XXXX previous driver’s license, which he lost and found after he got issued a new driver’s license. This is to proof that he has been living on XXXXXX since 2019.

7.       Auto loan Nissan bought in 2018 on both our names. The car is still in our possession.

8.       Family phone plan T-Mobile showing the phone numbers of XXXX , XXXX, XXXX, XXXX

9.       Receipt for furniture piece bought in august 2019 from City Furniture with both our names.

10.   Veterans Benefits statement listing XXXX XXXX, XXXX XXXX & XXXX XXXX as dependents of XXXX XXXX

School cards of XXXX & XXXX listing XXXX as the stepfather & emergency contact # 2 , XXXX XXXX mother as emergency contact # 3 and his grandmother XXXX XXXX as # 4

12.   Affidavits from two friends that know us both.

13.   Flight itinerary back from  XXXX in 2017. XXXX flight to XXXXX  was on a later date. He couldn’t leave at the same day due to his work obligations at that time

14. Copy of passport with return date

15.   Air BNB reservation for our vacation rental in XXXXX 2017 showing the date and duration

16.   Pictures taken during our trip XXXXX 2017 while visiting XXXX, XXXX, and the XXXXX

17.   Pictures with XXXX’s mom, XXXX XXXX, during the ICE! Show T Gaylord, Florida in December 2016.

18.   Miscellaneous pictures us as a family from 2016- 2020

19.   SeaWorld Family pass 2018 with our names as the pass holders.

20.    SeaWorld trips with family 2020.

21.   Tickets for a trip with family to Discovery Cove in Orlando 2020.

22.   Sanford Zoo annual family pass 2019.

23.   Vendor Application  Event 2019, with both XXXX XXXX and XXXX XXXX listed as participants.

24.   Reservation at hotel The Maverick XXXX December 19th – 26th 2020

We did a lot of one to two day trips, sometimes we would stay overnight in a hotel. Unfortunately we haven't been saving the receipts and my husband usually made the reservations and auto deletes his email after a certain time.
We are not on my husbands health insurance because he is insured through the VA.

These should be more than enough evidence. You mean to say you are sending these only now after a RFE

K-1 Visa Interview:

POE :

SS Application Sent:

2017-10-17, Approved!:D

2017-12-6

2017-12-12

Married:                      2018-1-8

SS Card Received:     2018-1-16

SS Application Sent(Name Change):  2018-1-17

AOS Application Sent:   2018-2-8

SS Card Received (Name Change):     2018-2-12

AOS Application Delivered:      2018-2-13

AOS Application Accepted:     2018-2-22

AOS NOA1 Received:       2018-2-26

AOS/EAP Biometrics NOA Received:   2018-3-2

AOS/EAP Biometrics Appointment:  2018-3-12

Interview Scheduled:       2018-7-6  

EAP/AP Card Received:    2018-7-19

Original interview Date :2018-8-24  (USCIS Rescheduled due to Hurricane):cry:

Rescheduled Interview Date :2018-10-2, Approved!!  :D

GC Received :             2018-10-18 :thumbs:

SS Card Update :         2018-10-19

SS Card Received:      2018-10-26

ROC

ROC Application Sent via FedEx:  2020-7-2

ROC Application Received :2020-7-6

Rec'ed Text, Case # Assigned : 2020-7-11

Check Cashed: 2020-7-13

NOA Received: 2020-7-22

Case Transferred : 2021-11-10

Biometrics Applied:. 2021-5-12😄

ROC Interview passed: : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400

Eligible to file for US Citizenship : 2021-7-4🥳

N-400 filed online : 2021-12-1🥳

Biometrics reused

Passed Interview  : 2022-4-27🥳

event.png

On 5/8/2021 at 9:02 AM, Sukie said:

You are getting good advice.  It appears (through being on VJ for years and years) that proving that you live together is one of the first and most important parts of the evidence you send.

You do need to write an explanation of your situation.  Explain that you and your spouse have different ways of handling money, that he has had former debt, and then lay out who owned what when.

You'll be fine.  You just didn't tell this piece of your story in enough detail.

Good luck!

Sukie in NY

Thank you Sukie,

Yes, we wrote two separate letters; one to explain our housing situation,  and the other to explain why the creditcards are on my name only.  He added him, so he has a card. But statements show only me.

38 minutes ago, poh said:

These should be more than enough evidence. You mean to say you are sending these only now after a RFE

Some of it we didn't get until after we sent in paperwork for ROC. And other documents just didn't cross our minds to sent in as part of the whole picture.

We didn't sent any affidavits, pictures for example. We did sent the taxes filed through H&R Block, but that doesn't proof we actually filed the taxes according to USCIS.

We sent in hotel booking from our vacation abroad with our names. But not the copy of our passports where it shows that we traveled together.

We have done a lot of trips in Florida , but we never kept the receipts. I managed to track some of it through email confirmations etc. It's definitely not all the proof of the many trips we did, but its what it is.

Altogether,  we have now 30 itemized evidence pieces that will be sent out tomorrow.

Fingers 🤞

• 7 months later...
3 hours ago, Figtrees said:

Hey all, it's been awhile since I opened this topic. So many questions and unknowns.

After waiting for over 2 years, responding to an RFE, I finally received great news last week:

The 10 year GC were produced and emailed to our house while we are visiting family abroad.

This is all without an interview,  so I assume the evidence we've sent proofed that we're indeed a legitimate family 😊

I'm so relieved that we can leave this torture behind us, for awhile atleast, and focus on other things in life.

Wish you all the best and Merry Christmas to y'all!

Congrats!  

most of everything is in my name only.  I had bought and paid for it  before  the arrival of my wife. Such as house, cars and utilities.  

where I filled our 751 I included a letter explaining all that at the advice of members here.  

no RFE and 751 was approved.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
17 hours ago, lsu_mike said:

Congrats!  

most of everything is in my name only.  I had bought and paid for it  before  the arrival of my wife. Such as house, cars and utilities.  

where I filled our 751 I included a letter explaining all that at the advice of members here.  

no RFE and 751 was approved.  

I think you are a perfect example of how not everything needs to be joint for a successful ROC. All is good when you submit an explanation!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

1 hour ago, ra0010 said:

I think you are a perfect example of how not everything needs to be joint for a successful ROC. All is good when you submit an explanation!

I won’t lie, I was somewhat nervous about it.   But before submitting the ROC packet I did some research and read some post here about what to do if there are certain documents you don’t have.   Cause you can’t submit what you don’t have

So I typed up an explanation of the assets I already had(owned) at the time my wife arrived and included it with the 751 packet.   

i would say if you have it, definitely include it.  If there is something you don’t have, include a written explanation.  It works   

At our interview I was never asked about it or for any more documents about “joint assets”.  

all he ask for was our drivers license and original marriage certificate.  I watched him go through our 751 packet as he asked us a few simple basic questions.   He told us it “all looks good and favorable”.   

4 days later, USCIS status showed   “new card being produced”.  

Timeline
7 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

I won’t lie, I was somewhat nervous about it.   But before submitting the ROC packet I did some research and read some post here about what to do if there are certain documents you don’t have.   Cause you can’t submit what you don’t have

So I typed up an explanation of the assets I already had(owned) at the time my wife arrived and included it with the 751 packet.   

i would say if you have it, definitely include it.  If there is something you don’t have, include a written explanation.  It works   

At our interview I was never asked about it or for any more documents about “joint assets”.  

all he ask for was our drivers license and original marriage certificate.  I watched him go through our 751 packet as he asked us a few simple basic questions.   He told us it “all looks good and favorable”.   

4 days later, USCIS status showed   “new card being produced”.  

Oh yeah, we have the deed and mortgage with both our names on it. We also have previous joint leases. We’re filing ROC on February 2022. It’s not about me, I’m just saying your post helps other people. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

2 minutes ago, ra0010 said:

Oh yeah, we have the deed and mortgage with both our names on it. We also have previous joint leases. We’re filing ROC on February 2022. It’s not about me, I’m just saying your post helps other people. 

I understand what you’re saying👍🏻   

I’ve seen people on here that submit a stack of documents a foot high.  And, while researching this I’ve seen some with even less than us and get approved.   

But if you can prove it with, for example, with 20 pieces of good evidence, why include an extra 80.

we submitted copies of drivers license  joint tax returns, joint insurance policies, auto and life.  I only submitted quarterly joint bank statements.  I didn’t include every single month.  about 20 photos.  Screen shots of social media post with family and friends that showed date and place.  3 affidavits, notarized.  And of course the explanation letter of no joint assets.  

no RFE 

Good luck with y’all’s!  In the end it will be approved.  It’s just super frustrating waiting and not knowing what kind of person will review your packet and how they will see or interpret the evidence you submit.  

i look back on it now and realize I stressed myself and worried wayyyy too much!  😬👍🏻

Timeline
22 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

I understand what you’re saying👍🏻   

I’ve seen people on here that submit a stack of documents a foot high.  And, while researching this I’ve seen some with even less than us and get approved.   

But if you can prove it with, for example, with 20 pieces of good evidence, why include an extra 80.

we submitted copies of drivers license  joint tax returns, joint insurance policies, auto and life.  I only submitted quarterly joint bank statements.  I didn’t include every single month.  about 20 photos.  Screen shots of social media post with family and friends that showed date and place.  3 affidavits, notarized.  And of course the explanation letter of no joint assets.  

no RFE 

Good luck with y’all’s!  In the end it will be approved.  It’s just super frustrating waiting and not knowing what kind of person will review your packet and how they will see or interpret the evidence you submit.  

i look back on it now and realize I stressed myself and worried wayyyy too much!  😬👍🏻

Hey if you could take a look at the February 2022 filers and see what you think of my package I’d appreciate it a lot! 
basically I’m including leases, deeds, mortgage statements, joint bank account statements, health/ car/ home insurance, retirement accounts, joint utility bills, vet bills, old and new drivers licenses (we moved from one State to another), pictures, emergency contact info, joint tax returns, State property tax and I can’t remember what else. It’s posted under February 2022 filers.

FROM F1 TO AOS

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

July 18, 2023 approval

N400 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.