brian602

Embassy in Manila, PH processing (merged)

31 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My I-129F was approved in February 2021 by the USCIS to allow my fiancee to immigrate from the Philippines to the US for us to marry. My case has been received by the National Visa Center and they have given me a case ID. However, I've contacted the NVC and they say no other actions can be taken until the embassy begins to process visa applications again, and there is no current timeline for this. They have not sent my case to the embassy in Manila.

What is the experience of others on this forum whose fiancees are Filipino nationals?

Is there anything I can do to expedite the NVC processing or perhaps I can contact the embassy in Manila with a request to expedite?

Lastly, how can I be sure my approved I-129F petition/visa does not expire?

Thank you for any help.

Edited by brian602
typo

There are many (thousands now) who are in the same position as you. There is a regional Philippines forum where you can find many discussions about the same subject. I have asked the mods to move your post there, but you can already browse that sub-forum for details: https://www.visajourney.com/forums/forum/129-philippines/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, brian602 said:

Hi all,

My I-129F was approved in February 2021 by the USCIS to allow my fiancee to immigrate from the Philippines to the US for us to marry. My case has been received by the National Visa Center and they have given me a case ID. However, I've contacted the NVC and they say no other actions can be taken until the embassy begins to process visa applications again, and there is no current timeline for this. They have not sent my case to the embassy in Manila.

What is the experience of others on this forum whose fiancees are Filipino nationals?

Is there anything I can do to expedite the NVC processing or perhaps I can contact the embassy in Manila with a request to expedite?

Thank you for any help.

There is nothing you can do other than practicing patience.  There are many, many thousands of people in the same situation.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just now, brian602 said:

Hi all,

I wasn't sure which forum section to post my question in.

Thank you for any help.

They haven't routinely interviewed k1 visa applicants for over a year.  There are 100s if not 1000s in the queue before you. 

NVC processing is already expedited and they are simply waiting for Manila to request more files which they haven't done for a year. 

You need to have cause to request and expedite and you contact the consulate directly. 

YMMV

Timeline

Please do not start duplicate threads....thanks...

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Manila is a complete crapshoot right now.  None of us have any idea if/when they're going to resume normal K-1 scheduling. :(. It's basically been halted since March of 2020, so you can imagine it's piling up, and there's no end in sight of quarantines in the Philippines preventing reopening.

June 25, 2022 - Married
June 28, 2022 - I-130 filed digitally

June 28, 2022 - NOA1 (Nebraska -> Vermont xfer)

June 8, 2023 - NOA2 (Vermont -> California xfer)
June 14, 2023 - At NVC

July 3, 2023 - NVC RFE

July 17, 2023 - NVC DQ

April 15, 2024 - IL

April 19, 2024 - Medical

May 23, 2024 - Interview

Timeline
27 minutes ago, brian602 said:

Sorry, I was not sure where to post my question. Perhaps a moderator can delete or merge the threads.

No problem.  I have asked a friendly mod to merge....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~MOved to the Regional forum, from K1 P&P - the OP is looking for country specific advice.~~

~~Duplicate threads merged)~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

• Ontarkie changed the title to Embassy in Manila, PH processing (merged)
11 hours ago, brian602 said:

My I-129F was approved in February 2021 by the USCIS to allow my fiancee to immigrate from the Philippines to the US for us to marry.

Sad to say it's going to be a long time. As others have said, they have stopped processing K-1's for over a year, so when they finally do there will be a huge backlog. I have talked to others who have gone back and forth between USEM and NVC and the general consensus is it can't be expedited or processed until the USEM has it and they will not take any from the NVC. Catch 22.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

No matter if you contact the USEM MNL or the NVC or even get your senator or congress person involved it will do you no good, the NVC and USEM MNL have about 25 different BS template responses they will send you and the people answering the phones read off Q cards all basically saying NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us 

There is a Lawsuit being filed against the USEM MNL Specifically and the US State Dept. which has already produced some positive results for some of those a little further in line than myself i.e. Case Ready but the rest of us at the NVC may just have to see what transpires next

In the mean time it is still a joke and nothing but lies, deceit and bureaucratic BS from the USEM MNL and the NVC and the DOS

Timeline
5 hours ago, Cody&Razely said:

In the mean time it is still a joke and nothing but lies, deceit and bureaucratic BS from the USEM MNL and the NVC and the DOS

I don't understand what USEM would have to gain if this was true.

11 hours ago, Cody&Razely said:

No matter if you contact the USEM MNL or the NVC or even get your senator or congress person involved it will do you no good, the NVC and USEM MNL have about 25 different BS template responses they will send you and the people answering the phones read off Q cards all basically saying NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us | NVC: the USEM MNL has to request your case from us | USEM MNL: Your case is at the NVC please contact them to see if they will forward it to us 

This is true, speaking from experience. Back in Oct 2020 I was emailing them both at the same as I was kinda expecting this ping pong response from them even if you explain clearly your request and provide evidence. They did, so i directly quoted their own expedite qualifications, and USEM finally approved our expedite. And short after received email from NVC that they’re shipping our case to Manila.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
44 minutes ago, justinedr said:

This is true, speaking from experience. Back in Oct 2020 I was emailing them both at the same as I was kinda expecting this ping pong response from them even if you explain clearly your request and provide evidence. They did, so i directly quoted their own expedite qualifications, and USEM finally approved our expedite. And short after received email from NVC that they’re shipping our case to Manila.

That's awesome, I directly quoted their "expedite qualifications" as well and put both the NVC and USEM MNL on the email (since we fall into the qualification category) but at that point they just stopped replying to me on those emails, it has been over a month since I did so and no response at all. But in the mean time I have sent additional Requests NOT quoting their Expedite qualifications to them, just to test the response and quick as jack rabbits they respond and say they cannot and/or will not expedite, but to any email I send them quoting their own qualifications and including the supporting evidence to prove we are qualified, they just do not respond to at all.  Rather I should say the USEM MNL does not respond, the NVC still responds after removing the USEM MNL from the email and they say, as always your case must be requested by the USEM MNL, we cannot send your case to them otherwise and we WILL NOT send your request to expedite to them either (Even thought the USEM MNL was on the original email lol)

Edited by Cody&Razely

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.