WaitingInLine

How long is chest xray valid for?

28 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 hour ago, WaitingInLine said:

Wrong again, medical exams inside the U.S. are valid for a year and changes to the lungs can happen overnight not only within 6 months.

Are you inside the USA?

YMMV

8 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Are you inside the USA?

Further to the above, in this Dept of State document it states that some medical examination results can be valid for up to 12 months, not 6 months like it was wrongly stated above: https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Medical/ACK%20-%20Auckland.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwjLsfPAx4DwAhVBHqwKHcheBKsQFjAIegQILxAF&usg=AOvVaw0Uk7TOMk2BE_5a0YEFCKrA

Edited by WaitingInLine

Timeline

That info is a bit out of date. 

Here is a more current post from the DOS from July 2020.  If the twelve months was true, then the CDC would not have had to provide the extension.

Immigrant visas are limited to the validity of the medical examination for a maximum of six months.  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved a one-month extension for medical examinations conducted between January 1, 2020, and June 30, 2020.  If you were unable to travel on your issued visa or obtained your medical examination but did not receive your visa, contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued or is adjudicating your visa application to determine whether you may be issued or reissued a visa for one additional month.  If you are not able to travel within the one additional month, consider waiting until you are able to travel and obtain a new, full validity medical examination and visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/one-month-extension-of-immigrant-visa-medical-examinations.html

YMMV

26 minutes ago, payxibka said:

That info is a bit out of date. 

Here is a more current post from the DOS from July 2020.  If the twelve months was true, then the CDC would not have had to provide the extension.

Immigrant visas are limited to the validity of the medical examination for a maximum of six months.  Centers for Disease Control and Prevention approved a one-month extension for medical examinations conducted between January 1, 2020, and June 30, 2020.  If you were unable to travel on your issued visa or obtained your medical examination but did not receive your visa, contact the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy or Consulate that issued or is adjudicating your visa application to determine whether you may be issued or reissued a visa for one additional month.  If you are not able to travel within the one additional month, consider waiting until you are able to travel and obtain a new, full validity medical examination and visa.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/one-month-extension-of-immigrant-visa-medical-examinations.html

Good point but the particular wording in that excerpt refers to the extension of visas that were already issued but the recipient was unable to immigrate.

This is obviously apples and oranges (adjustment of status) but here it states that "once received" from the physician, the validity is 2 years which brings into question if a physician submits a report and it is received by the post, how long it is then determined to be valid for:

Validity Period for the Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record (Form I-693)

The USCIS is reducing the validity period of Form I-693 to 60 days from the date the doctor signs the I-693, previously a 1-year period of validity. What this means is that an applicant must ensure that he or she completes the medical examination close to their filing date for Form I-485 Application for Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status. Once the USCIS has received your medical examination (Form I-693), it will be valid for a period of 2 years.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

Why is adjustment of status or USCIS even being referenced in this thread?  

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
36 minutes ago, WaitingInLine said:

Good point but the particular wording in that excerpt refers to the extension of visas that were already issued but the recipient was unable to immigrate.

So 6 months then not seven.  Doesn't change anything. 

PS. I693 is a USCIS form not utilized by the DOS.  You cannot mix USCIS policy with DOS. 

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~~non conductive posts have been removed along with those quoting said posts. Any further disruption will result in admin action.~~

~~Thread is also moved to IR1/CR1 P&P, from DCF as this is not a DCF case.~~

Edited by Ontarkie
Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

3 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Why is adjustment of status or USCIS even being referenced in this thread?  

Not everyone understands DOS vs USCIS, consular processing vs AOS etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

Very illogical since medical exams for visas are valid for only 6 months and a lot of changes can take place in a person's lungs over a period of months.

Sometimes minutes!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Bjh said:

Sometimes minutes!

Yep.  If I were the physician signing off the new medical exam, I would definitely want a new chest x-ray.  I certainly wouldn't trust a 6 month old x-ray. 

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

• 8 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.