Jump to content
Kader96

i-130 case moved from Nebraska to Vermont

34 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hi everyone

I am a Turkish citizen my husband is an American citizen. We just checked our case status (it has been 6 months 21 days.) The case should of been done according to proccessing time. My case status says My case at Nebraska however when we asked live chat request from uscis website they said it is moved to Vermont Service Center and told us 26 to 38 months to have an answer from that service center.(they never updated or send an email about it btw) I was shocked all this time waiting for any second to hear something from them and now they say almost 3 years . I dont know what is the deal. Is there anyone had this issue or an answer to that?

Thank you 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline

It may be possible you misunderstood this answer.  
In the not so distant past such a timeline would trigger an I129F/K3 application followed by adjustment of status from the comforts of an intact home.

Suggest your husband join up, as handling the petition is really his burden and not yours. Would it be possible to get his perspective?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

It may be possible you misunderstood this answer.  
In the not so distant past such a timeline would trigger an I129F/K3 application followed by adjustment of status from the comforts of an intact home.

Suggest your husband join up, as handling the petition is really his burden and not yours. Would it be possible to get his perspective?

sorry i didnt get what you meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Kader96 said:

sorry i didnt get what you meant

If I were told it would take 36 months to process my petition I would prepare a second I129F petition, file it, and request a K3 visa. 
There is (no) charge to do so, it requires the receipt notice from the first petition.

Edited by Nitas_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Nitas_man said:

If I were told it would take 36 months to process my petition I would prepare a second I129F petition, file it, and request a K3 visa. 
There is (no) charge to do so, it requires the receipt notice from the first petition.

Why didnt i know that before omg 

is it free and takes you to your husband ? omg if it is, you might be sent from heaven 

Thank you soooo much 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Kader96 said:

Why didnt i know that before omg 

is it free and takes you to your husband ? omg if it is, you might be sent from heaven 

Thank you soooo much 

It is free to file the I-129F petition for the K-3 visa, however these types of visas are extremely rare (only 3 of them were issued in the entire world last year).

 

If you look at the current data from VJ members, you can see that the processing time at Vermont has not been as long as the USCIS estimates. However, every case is different:

 

 

Edited by JKLSemicolon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, JKLSemicolon said:

It is free to file the I-129F petition for the K-3 visa, however these types of visas are extremely rare (only 3 of them were issued in the entire world last year).

 

If you look at the current data from VJ members, you can see that the processing time at Vermont has not been as long as the USCIS estimates. However, every case is different:

 

 

They are rare because the processing times have been the same since 2008 or 2009

The reason congress passed family unity was so USC immediate family could skip the line.  If OP is correct and the backlog is that bad I would apply for it.

 

When we went through, K3 was quicker than IR/CR1.  We didnt care about the extra status adjustment step.

 

If they were smart and kept a copy of the I130 package it’s almost identical.  Just a different petition form.  

Edited by Nitas_man

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

They are rare because the processing times have been the same since 2008 or 2009

The reason congress passed family unity was so USC immediate family could skip the line.  If OP is correct and the backlog is that bad I would apply for it.

 

When we went through, K3 was quicker than IR/CR1.  We didnt care about the extra status adjustment step.

 

If they were smart and kept a copy of the I130 package it’s almost identical.  Just a different petition form.  

 

These days, USCIS is joining the two petitions together upon receipt and then killing the I-129F.


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
52 minutes ago, Ryan H said:

 

These days, USCIS is joining the two petitions together upon receipt and then killing the I-129F.

I know what they’re doing

 

OP said years.  
 

My advice? File one and raise hob about family unity.  As least they’ll dust off the other one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nitas_man said:

I know what they’re doing

 

OP said years.  
 

My advice? File one and raise hob about family unity.  As least they’ll dust off the other one. 

Also you applied for K3 ? I know it is all different case by case but how long your K3 visa took ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Other Country: Saudi Arabia
Timeline
On 4/8/2021 at 3:56 AM, Kader96 said:

Also you applied for K3 ? I know it is all different case by case but how long your K3 visa took ?

About 7 months but Not applicable.  Filed July, entered US in January.

 

We were some of the last to actually get one.  Our I130/I129F was approved same day, we ended up with the K3.  Never happen now, not on a normal case.  They’ll cancel the K3 and move the CR1/IR1 along.

 

IF:  I were told an I130 would take “years” as you were told, I would immediately file one (I129F) and raise hob until it got approved.  If anything, they have to move your case to combine the two.  Thats why I wanted to talk to the USC because unfortunately for the immigrant the petition process is on us.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

I need to find this posting I had read that it was discussed on the forums that it was reported by Visajourney members that after filing the i-130 and then the i-129f that although the i-129f was denied it caused the i-130 to process faster.  If anyone can link it here that would be great otherwise I will try to locate it with the next few days and update it here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: New Zealand
Timeline
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Sabi76 said:

I need to find this posting I had read that it was discussed on the forums that it was reported by Visajourney members that after filing the i-130 and then the i-129f that although the i-129f was denied it caused the i-130 to process faster.  If anyone can link it here that would be great otherwise I will try to locate it with the next few days and update it here.

There was a period of time, prior to COVID, where VJ members reported that this was working.  I have not seen any cases here where it worked to hasten the approval time since late 2019.   @Sea Leslie was one who did it - maybe she's still around on VJ and will see this.

Edited by Jorgedig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 4/11/2021 at 1:14 PM, Jorgedig said:

There was a period of time, prior to COVID, where VJ members reported that this was working.  I have not seen any cases here where it worked to hasten the approval time since late 2019.   @Sea Leslie was one who did it - maybe she's still around on VJ and will see this.

Yes, I feel that it worked for me because I was approved for the I-130 shortly after I applied for the K3 but I don't have proof. However, my documentation was perfect and nothing was sent back. Documentation is key for a fast approval as well.


Nebraska Service Center
Consulate : Jamaica
Marriage : 5/31/19
I-130 Sent : 6/14/19
I-130 NOA1 : 6/20/19 
I-129F Sent :    8/9/19
I-129F NOA1 :    8/13/19
1-130 Approved: 9/26/19

I-129F Denied: 9/26/19

Approval Sent to NVC: 10/9/19  
NVC Received : 10/17/19

NVC Case# Received : 11/8/19

NVC Payments Made : 11/8/19

Documents Submitted : 12/2/19

Documents Approved : 1/10/2020

Documents sent to JA Embassy : 1/21/2020

Medical Exam Complete : 1/24/2020

Interview Date : 2/3/2020 (APPROVED)

Administrative Processing : 2/3/2020 - Original JA Marriage Certificate requested

Mailed Marriage Certificate: 2/3/2020

Marriage Certificate Arrived at JA Embassy: 2/6/2020

CEAC shows "Issued":  2/24/2020 :dance:

"The U.S. Department of State Consulate located in Kingston has released document related to your Visa application to our courier DHL Express." 2/27/2020 😄💃♥️

VISA IN HAND - FLIGHT BOOKED - 3/2/2020 :joy:

Hubby Arrived in US: 3/4/2020

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

~~~Hijack post and replies to said post removed.~~~


Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
- Back to Top -


Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
×
×
  • Create New...