J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
9 hours ago, Xiaova said:

Updates for April:

71000: 1 RFES, 1 Other (Document Was Mailed) (1 new / 1 in progress)
71500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
72000: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
72500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
74500: 3 Approvals (2 new / 1 in progress)
76000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
77500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
79000: 2 RFESs, 1 RFER (2 new / 1 in progress)
79500: 1 RFES, 1 RFER (1 new / 1 in progress)
81000: 6 Approvals, 3 RFESs (8 new / 1 in progress)
07/07/22: 25 Total Updates: 14 Approvals, 7 RFESs, 3 RFERs, 1 Other (Document Was Mailed)

March(1) + April(25) + May(33) + June(5) = 64 total updates

There might some issues with USCIS today as the numbers are pretty low across the 4 months.

any chance another scan is possible? (also could I see which script you are using?),

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
40 minutes ago, Mari_Justin said:

Xiaova scans and posts here daily, sometimes twice a day. Midday and end of day.

Yeah I figured, but was curious if today in the morning a rescan would reveal the system had issues, and that it'd properly show all the case adjudication.  Cause otherwise it's hard to know if numbers of end of today are really todays or just today's AND yesterdays

11 hours ago, gooblue said:

Yeah I figured, but was curious if today in the morning a rescan would reveal the system had issues, and that it'd properly show all the case adjudication.  Cause otherwise it's hard to know if numbers of end of today are really todays or just today's AND yesterdays

Usually if the updates don't arrive past 7pm then it will be updated the next day. In case of yesterday, today's scan will also pick up changes from yesterday and no updates came in for 07/07/22. Last two days have been slow.

Today's update:

72000: 1 RFER, 1 Denial (0 new / 2 in progress)
74500: 2 Approvals (0 new / 2 in progress)
75500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
76000: 2 RFERs (0 new / 2 in progress)
76500: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
78000: 1 Approval (0 new / 1 in progress)
78500: 1 RFER (0 new / 1 in progress)
79500: 3 Approvals, 1 RFER (3 new / 1 in progress)
80000: 1 RFES (1 new / 0 in progress)
80500: 1 Approval (1 new / 0 in progress)
81000: 2 Approvals, 4 RFESs (5 new / 1 in progress)
81500: 4 Approvals (4 new / 0 in progress)
07/08/22: 26 Total Updates: 15 Approvals, 5 RFESs, 5 RFERs, 1 Denial

March(1) + April(26) + May(63) + June(11) = 101 total updates

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Greece
Timeline
On 7/5/2022 at 4:14 AM, MissLadyRea said:

To NVC can take about a month (at least in my recent experience). So lets say your case arrived June 25th

The shipping date had already passed on the 21st. Even if it arrived on the 19th, its possible it wasnt proccessed by the time the shipping date came. 

The next shipping date is tomorrow and Wednesday. Due to the holiday, it might be Wednesday thursday but who knows.

I wouldn't consider your case stuck yet. This would likely be your first shipping week since reaching NVC. Everyone I've seen recently at the Montreal consulate was in transit the first shipping week, so following that formula its pretty likely you'll hear back this week unless things somehow slowed down again.

If you look at my timeline, mine took almost a month and a half too.

What are the shipping dates if i may ask

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

March 2020 - Met / Started dating LDR

October 2020 - Met in person

December 2020 - Decided to get engaged/married
May 2021 - K1 filed

December 2021 - Travelled to the states on ESTA

June 2022 - K1 approval

September 2022 - NVC case number

October 2022 - Case sent to the embassy

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

November 2022 - Travelled to the states on ESTA - 2nd time

September 2023 - Resumed case / took medical

October 2023 - Embessy interview - Approved

December 2023 - Arrived at the states

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - AOS/EAD/AP filed

March 2024 - Biometrics 

May 2024 - EAD - AP Combo Card Approved

Timeline
On 7/8/2022 at 1:36 AM, MissLadyRea said:

First your case will be ready. At that point all you can do is wait for your P3 to arrive in the mail. You can email for it as well but I personally dont recommend it, just because I theorize that's what delayed my p4. Others who sent theirs after me already got their p4 and there's no other difference between us. 

Your p3 will give you instructions on 3 things to send to the consulate via email. (Ds-160, passport scan of beneficiary page, and a copy of the p3 checklist)  It'll tell you any interviews booked at this point will be instantly denied.

After you send that, you wait for p4 which grants you the ability to book your interview. Ive been waiting for 16 days for my P4, it can take 5 weeks.

Do you know what they mean that any interviews booked at this point will be denied?

✈️ Certified Travel Professional / Owner of two travel companies (Greece & USA) - Contact me for any travel related questions or Join my Travel Hub Info Group

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

November 2022 - Postponed interview for 1 year - Couldn't leave country yet due to work obligations

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Etherial said:

Do you know what they mean that any interviews booked at this point will be denied?

Yes, any interviews booked gets instantly cancelled. 

Montreal does it by

P3 - they send it to you then you send it back

P4 - They send you a page saying you can schedule an interview.

If you schedule an interview before authorized, it gets cancelled immediately. Not denied as in byebye visa, but your interview date will not be your interview date. 

I don't know if other consulates or which do this same thing. Just Montreal 

Timeline
1 minute ago, MissLadyRea said:

Yes, any interviews booked gets instantly cancelled. 

Montreal does it by

P3 - they send it to you then you send it back

P4 - They send you a page saying you can schedule an interview.

If you schedule an interview before authorized, it gets cancelled immediately. Not denied as in byebye visa, but your interview date will not be your interview date. 

I don't know if other consulates or which do this same thing. Just Montreal 

I meant appointments for other visa types.

I have a b2 visitors visa appointment in place as i need to visit the us as business visitor and come back before i go with the k1 visa.

Probably the one wont affect the other?

May 2021 - K1 filed

June 2022 - K1 approval

February 2024 - Married

March 2024 - Biometrics 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Etherial said:

I meant appointments for other visa types.

I have a b2 visitors visa appointment in place as i need to visit the us as business visitor and come back before i go with the k1 visa.

Probably the one wont affect the other?

What they say that im referring to is only talking about k1 interviews, and was specifically in a letter to me about a k1 interview. I don't know what it would be like for other visa classes

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
On 6/26/2022 at 11:28 PM, CJPinEcuador said:

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 06/26: 

Approval changes last week: +63

RFE changes last week: -27 (Negative numbers mean RFE totals going down AKA more worked on than issued during the week)

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) : 36 (please note an RFE to approved or denied is not a "new" change since the case was already "touched")

330+ Untouched aka "no movement" 

2900+ Who have heard back (either approval or RFE)

Was busy with the 4th of July last weekend and looks like I forgot to post, sorry! Weekly totals are also in the April chart for those that want it (it was 99 total new changes). 

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 07/10: 

Approval changes last week: +65

RFE changes last week: -8 (Negative numbers mean RFE totals going down AKA more worked on than issued during the week)

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) : 57 (please note an RFE to approved or denied is not a "new" change since the case was already "touched")

200 Untouched aka "no movement" 

3050+ Who have heard back (either approval or RFE)

Inquiry date is currently April 18th, 2021.

Note: 510 RFEs sent, 250 RFEs turned in and waiting, 206 untouched, so still over 960  April filers "in process"

April Chart link, updated nightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Jan to June 2021 chart, updated weekly:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HmAtNTsLfUE8BgkZ7KJ9Rojtmy6cYsYdY9lWiC8xMa8/edit?usp=sharing

On 7/9/2022 at 6:52 AM, Mari_Justin said:

Finally, we were one of the approvals in the 74500 group. 29 days after RFE Received, 449 days total. 🥵

Congratulations , Im in the 72000 group APRIL8 2021 , 77 days after RFE received no news yet for me , Is this normal or Howlong it takes to review for RFE by USCIS. Do I need to worry or Can I do  something else . 

3 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Was busy with the 4th of July last weekend and looks like I forgot to post, sorry! Weekly totals are also in the April chart for those that want it (it was 99 total new changes). 

WEEKLY CHART UPDATE 07/10: 

Approval changes last week: +65

RFE changes last week: -8 (Negative numbers mean RFE totals going down AKA more worked on than issued during the week)

TOTAL NEW CHANGES (approval or RFE) : 57 (please note an RFE to approved or denied is not a "new" change since the case was already "touched")

200 Untouched aka "no movement" 

3050+ Who have heard back (either approval or RFE)

Inquiry date is currently April 18th, 2021.

Note: 510 RFEs sent, 250 RFEs turned in and waiting, 206 untouched, so still over 960  April filers "in process"

April Chart link, updated nightly: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit?usp=sharing

Jan to June 2021 chart, updated weekly:  https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1HmAtNTsLfUE8BgkZ7KJ9Rojtmy6cYsYdY9lWiC8xMa8/edit?usp=sharing

Oh, these charts are very nice.

Thank you for the info.

Is it possible to have one all the way up to September 2021?

I'm a September 03 2021 filer.

Thanks.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.