J&D1008

APRIL 2021 I-129F K-1 FILERS

2,043 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
6 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

Isso significa que posso enviar uma consulta amanhã? (Noa1 em 5 de abril) 

Enviei um inquérito em 6 de dezembro e recebi uma resposta em 16 de dezembro. Com que frequência posso enviar a pergunta novamente? 

if you've already made one inquiry you don't need to make another

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

My receipt date is April 5th, I made an inquiry on December 3rd, when the USCIS site said April 6th was considered outside the normal processing time.  It was moved forward into late April and I believe once May 1,  it now reads April 5th.  I tried to send a second inquiry but our case is no longer considered outside the normal processing time☹️

5 minutes ago, keickhoff said:

My receipt date is April 5th, I made an inquiry on December 3rd, when the USCIS site said April 6th was considered outside the normal processing time.  It was moved forward into late April and I believe once May 1,  it now reads April 5th.  I tried to send a second inquiry but our case is no longer considered outside the normal processing time☹️

I was going to do the same. Guess we can only do by January 20

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

I found this yesterday on boundless and thought I would share. If you have already seen this, my apologies. Here is the link to the article. https://www.boundless.com/blog/uscis-wastes-200k-green-cards-backlog-triples/ I have been tracking the March K-1 filers group and approvals are significantly slowing. We are hoping that this week brings greater progress but currently it has not happened.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently released processing and case completion data on all Forms, including family-, fiancé(e)-, and employment– based petitions, green card, and naturalization applications for fiscal year 2021. This data set contains new statistics for the fourth quarter of 2021, as well as the full FY2021, which for USCIS ran from October 2020 through September 2021.

According to USCIS, the agency had a net backlog of 2.5 million cases at the end of FY2019. By the end of FY2020, USCIS’ own Forms and policies, fiscal and staffing problems, pandemic-related office closures, and an inability to receive or process most application types electronically resulted in an explosion in the backlog, which more than doubled to 6.1 million pending cases in the space of a year.

2021 saw the USCIS backlog continue to grow, though not at the astronomical rate seen in 2020. Roughly 69% of the 8.84 million immigration applications submitted to USCIS in FY2021 were approved, while a little more than 808,000 were denied. However, despite USCIS completing nearly 80% of the cases it received in FY2021, the processing backlog at the agency grew to more than 8 million pending cases at the end of FY2021.

This means that in just two years the backlog has more than tripled: from 2.5 million to more than 8 million pending cases.

FIANCÉ(E) VISAS

The fiancé(e) visa — officially a K-1 visa — allows the engaged partner of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States, as long as the couple gets married no more than 90 days later. The newly married spouse can then apply for permanent residence (a “green card”) based on marriage to a U.S. citizen sponsor, who files the K-1 petition for their partner on Form I-129F.

Despite only a 2.6% decrease in I-129F petitions received by USCIS in FY2021, the number of petitions USCIS completed in 2021 fell by nearly 16%, from 36,913 to 31,084. This resulted in a 44% increase in the K-1 backlog, from 21,060 petitions at the close of FY2020 to 30,408 pending at the end of FY2021.

Adding insult to injury, the closure of U.S. Embassies and consulates around the world due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020 has led to a second, separate backlog as beneficiaries with approved I-129F petitions from USCIS move into the Department of State’s consular interview backlog. For more information on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the K-1 and consular processes, see our article here.

Edited by Cameron&Maritza
wording

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Cameron&Maritza said:

I found this yesterday on boundless and thought I would share. If you have already seen this, my apologies. Here is the link to the article. https://www.boundless.com/blog/uscis-wastes-200k-green-cards-backlog-triples/ I have been tracking the March K-1 filers group and approvals are significantly slowing. We are hoping that this week brings greater progress but currently it has not happened.

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) recently released processing and case completion data on all Forms, including family-, fiancé(e)-, and employment– based petitions, green card, and naturalization applications for fiscal year 2021. This data set contains new statistics for the fourth quarter of 2021, as well as the full FY2021, which for USCIS ran from October 2020 through September 2021.

According to USCIS, the agency had a net backlog of 2.5 million cases at the end of FY2019. By the end of FY2020, USCIS’ own Forms and policies, fiscal and staffing problems, pandemic-related office closures, and an inability to receive or process most application types electronically resulted in an explosion in the backlog, which more than doubled to 6.1 million pending cases in the space of a year.

2021 saw the USCIS backlog continue to grow, though not at the astronomical rate seen in 2020. Roughly 69% of the 8.84 million immigration applications submitted to USCIS in FY2021 were approved, while a little more than 808,000 were denied. However, despite USCIS completing nearly 80% of the cases it received in FY2021, the processing backlog at the agency grew to more than 8 million pending cases at the end of FY2021.

This means that in just two years the backlog has more than tripled: from 2.5 million to more than 8 million pending cases.

FIANCÉ(E) VISAS

The fiancé(e) visa — officially a K-1 visa — allows the engaged partner of a U.S. citizen to enter the United States, as long as the couple gets married no more than 90 days later. The newly married spouse can then apply for permanent residence (a “green card”) based on marriage to a U.S. citizen sponsor, who files the K-1 petition for their partner on Form I-129F.

Despite only a 2.6% decrease in I-129F petitions received by USCIS in FY2021, the number of petitions USCIS completed in 2021 fell by nearly 16%, from 36,913 to 31,084. This resulted in a 44% increase in the K-1 backlog, from 21,060 petitions at the close of FY2020 to 30,408 pending at the end of FY2021.

Adding insult to injury, the closure of U.S. Embassies and consulates around the world due to the outbreak of the Covid-19 pandemic in March 2020 has led to a second, separate backlog as beneficiaries with approved I-129F petitions from USCIS move into the Department of State’s consular interview backlog. For more information on the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic on the K-1 and consular processes, see our article here.

thank you for sharing! brutal to see though.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
7 hours ago, Saivarshini said:

Is it 30 days from the date of submission or date of response? I’m confused. 

Date of response, USCIS can confirm to you the exact date you can submit another  over the phone.

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone in this April Filers group actually received an approval? If so, could they please comment. I feel like all of us are getting so down reading all the things about it taking extra time etc, it makes me think we won’t ever get approvals :( 

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Edward&Lily said:

Hello Everyone!

Has anyone in this April Filers group actually received an approval? If so, could they please comment. I feel like all of us are getting so down reading all the things about it taking extra time etc, it makes me think we won’t ever get approvals :( 

@meemat received an approval in August when they started randomly working on April cases! but none recently.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
51 minutes ago, Edward&Lily said:

Hello Everyone!

Yes, our good friend @CJPinEcuador recorded you guys with a little over 100 approvals, but bear in mind, they're only working on March now. Although, this week they've been all over the place with March approvals, so perhaps an early April filer may be snagged by chance? Take a look at CJ's charts to see where they're currently at, the USCIS April 5th date doesn't mean all cases up to April 5th should be adjudicated; the data feeding into that is 2 months old, and we've known for essentially 2 months there's been problems. Best of luck to you April filers, we're rooting for you too :) 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Here is a link to that chart in case anyone needs it. I usually just run it on Sunday, but since in the timelines section 1 person from April had shown an approval yesterday I went ahead and ran through it. 

There were 2 approvals yesterday from the same 500 range.

Some of March is mixed into our chart, so we should also see some slight movement  as they work through March cases as well. 

Every approval is one step closer to our own approvals! One more taken off the top of the pile on some desk we are surely stacked on somewhere! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit

5 hours ago, CJPinEcuador said:

Here is a link to that chart in case anyone needs it. I usually just run it on Sunday, but since in the timelines section 1 person from April had shown an approval yesterday I went ahead and ran through it. 

There were 2 approvals yesterday from the same 500 range.

Some of March is mixed into our chart, so we should also see some slight movement  as they work through March cases as well. 

Every approval is one step closer to our own approvals! One more taken off the top of the pile on some desk we are surely stacked on somewhere! 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1USXTWEww37JnWiCxW6ftP1UZjE6fKU2gn2Mk4OSVGLw/edit

Hi, we're September filers, but we've been looking at other months progress so we can have an idea about waiting time ahead of us.

I hope the best for you guys, you must be very strong to keep it all together during this long period of waiting.

But I have a question, what's the difference between earliest date received and latest date received?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.