TBoneTX

All F2B Updates in This Thread (Part 2)

689 posts in this topic

On 12/29/2023 at 5:36 PM, RR159 said:

Thanks for the perfect link, it starts at the right point in time.
“…foc
us on EB visas because that's where the money is (nothing wrong).” Yeah, money talks!

55k family visas in 2020 were not issued, instead they were donated to employment category in 2021.

135k family visas in 2021 were not issued, instead they were donated to employment categories in 2022.

57k family visas in 2022 were not issued, instead they were donated to employment categories in 2023.

Finally, 21k family visas in 2023 were not issued, instead they were donated to employment categories in 2024.

No immigration lawyers made any serious noise about returning these visas back to family categories. 

Where did you get the amount of unused family visas for 2023? I didn't think we had that info yet.

Even if immigration lawyers made noise, it would be useless as Congress would need change the law and right now they can't agree on anything immigration related. 

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Clarke84 said:

Where did you get the amount of unused family visas for 2023? I didn't think we had that info yet.

Even if immigration lawyers made noise, it would be useless as Congress would need change the law and right now they can't agree on anything immigration related. 

I believe it was mentioned by Charlie Oppenheim in the video, and also shown here: https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/Statistics/Immigrant-Statistics/Web_Annual_Numerical_Limits_FY2024.pdf

This is a quote from the FAQ section of USCIS:

“When the amount of demand for a particular category (or a country within a category) exceeds the supply of visa numbers available, the category/country is considered “oversubscribed” and DOS applies a cut-off date in the Final Action Dates chart to ensure that visa use remains within the annual limits, as well as the category and per-country limits and order of consideration, as established by Congress.“

Given the excessive issuance of Family based visas for Dominican Republic (5,184 within first two months of FY 2024), shouldn’t DOS apply a cut-off date for DR?

If they don’t, every time visa bulletin progresses, DR will continue to capture 20 - 25% of family visas (roughly 10 - 12% of family + employment total), instead of the 7% limit established by Congress.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Insurance year starts 1st October

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline

Really hoping for some good news with the next bulletin, but trying not to get my hopes too high.

Charlie's interview hinted at some short-term progress, so fingers crossed 🤞. Should be out this week!

Timeline
2 hours ago, Newbuddy said:

I have question

what if some one age reaches to marriage ?? Like his age is 38

If he is in a relationship/ committed thn still he should wait for his interview date ??

It can ruined some ones life or career 

Unless the Sponsor has naturalised Marrying kills the case.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

4 hours ago, GusHD said:

Looks like the Feb bulletin is out, but no luck for F2B this time. Seems like we might only see advances every 3 months. Bummer 😕.

Very disappointing since it moved so little last time. Hopefully next month we get better news. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 1/10/2024 at 8:46 AM, Boiler said:

Unless the Sponsor has naturalised Marrying kills the case.

Can you explain this a little better? 
I filed for my adult children when I was a gc holder but now I’m a citizen and would love not have my children waiting to live their life bcz of the processes, but don’t want to enlarge the waiting either

Timeline
3 minutes ago, makers said:

I filed for my adult children when I was a gc holder but now I’m a citizen and would love not have my children waiting to live their life bcz of the processes, but don’t want to enlarge the waiting either

Sure

LPRs can not sponsor married children, USCs can. So if they marry then they are still OK just takes longer and Spouse can come to.

14 minutes ago, makers said:

Not much difference in waiting time for you as a citizen, but as Boiler said, at least your children can get married now if they wish. To update your category to F1 you need to contact NVC with a copy of your US passport or citizenship cert. 

Good luck. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 12/30/2023 at 4:34 AM, xavier2014 said:

These visas are lost forever, with no coming back(according to Charlie), leaving a huge backlog in the F category. There is a loophole or system called spillover (unused family visas, lol!) that can be used to supplement EB visas. Since EB has significant lobbying power, they usually get priorities instead of increased EB quotas.

@GusHD you are right 2024 very important, hopefully someone will ask Charlie a follow-up question regarding F2B visas in the coming months

Listening to Charlie again in his video for February visa bulletin. He mentioned the loop hole, whereby unused family visas fall down to employment categories and he said that unused family visa for China will most likely go to employment visa for China so the priority date for China employment visa will move but family visa will not. 

Why can’t they move the priority date for family visa instead of quickly moving the unused visas into employment categories?

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
14 hours ago, RR159 said:

Listening to Charlie again in his video for February visa bulletin. He mentioned the loop hole, whereby unused family visas fall down to employment categories and he said that unused family visa for China will most likely go to employment visa for China so the priority date for China employment visa will move but family visa will not. 

Why can’t they move the priority date for family visa instead of quickly moving the unused visas into employment categories?

They might think that work visas are more beneficial for the country than family.

If that's the case it's really inhuman.

btw: I'm applying for both F2B (family) and EB2 (work). My F2B is Oct-13-2015.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.