2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, hopingwgrace said:

Best of luck to you! And congratulations 🍾🎉🎈. Hopefully I’m right behind you. 

Thank you @hopingwgrace and yours is on the way👏🙌

Timeline
8 hours ago, Restez Forts said:

Now, if your file is at NBC, when checking processing times, do we check NBC or local office?

Anyone can answer.

When checking processing time on Uscis website, you first have to select your application type follow by your local office which is the county where you live in 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi guys my I-360 finally got approved. However, I am still waiting for I-485 interview. Do you guys know what type of questions they may ask ? Also if I-360 approved can I-485 be denied? Thank you in advance. 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, Restez Forts said:

Now, if your file is at NBC, when checking processing times, do we check NBC or local office?

Anyone can answer.

You cannot start checking processing times until case is transferred to local office.  SOmetimes you get a notice it transferred, I didn't get one.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Faith2020 said:

Hi guys my I-360 finally got approved. However, I am still waiting for I-485 interview. Do you guys know what type of questions they may ask ? Also if I-360 approved can I-485 be denied? Thank you in advance. 

Yes a I-485 can be denied.  You will have to see why it is denied.  Some reasons are the adjudicator did not hold it, married fraud, CMT, you do not qualify for benefit.

Phase I - IV - Completed the Immigration Journey 

Filed: Other Timeline
15 minutes ago, Pinkrlion said:

Yes a I-485 can be denied.  You will have to see why it is denied.  Some reasons are the adjudicator did not hold it, married fraud, CMT, you do not qualify for benefit.

Yes that will be a straight out denial or Intent to deny. And if you do qualify for a waiver (Form I-601) you'll be advised to apply for it and once that gets approved your 485 will be approved subsequently and/ concurrently.

I stand to be corrected 🤚

19 hours ago, hopingwgrace said:

My case was a bit different. My marriage was bonafide but since I traveled between two states for work, it made them require more proof. I sent two affidavits from friends that saw me there and spent time with me at the residence.  They described the residence and the occasion of why they were there. I also submitted a personal affidavit that I lived there. 
I could not reach the land lord for a letter. 

Hi. I have a similar situation but didn’t receive any RFE so far. Did you have lease agreements ?  

Hello family

I know a lot of people complain that now days it takes forever to renew EAD but I sent an initial package for  I485, EAD, AP and request for new PF. No txt, no mail for G1145 but they cashed the check after a week only!. Does anybody know roughly how long after cashing the check I can expect I797 notice?

Thanks

3 minutes ago, FAP said:

Hello family

I know a lot of people complain that now days it takes forever to renew EAD but I sent an initial package for  I485, EAD, AP and request for new PF. No txt, no mail for G1145 but they cashed the check after a week only!. Does anybody know roughly how long after cashing the check I can expect I797 notice?

Thanks

My recent EAD renewal it took about 26 days  for my I 797 to arrive (including mail)

13 minutes ago, Tumiluv said:

Hey guys, I just got my i-485 interview notice for June 9, 2021. Now I need to schedule to do the medical. So excited!

Congratulations and best of luck to you on your interview 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Tumiluv said:

Hey guys, I just got my i-485 interview notice for June 9, 2021. Now I need to schedule to do the medical. So excited!

Did you send one before. , are this will be your first., I did mine before and attached it to my i485 I am not sure if I should do a second. ..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.