2,947 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 3/31/2021 at 3:36 PM, Travel619 said:

Hi Sandra,

Thank you. In instances where the person no shows to the interview, is it an automatic denial or will the officer look through the immigrant's file to see if they had made an attempt to reschedule (with good reason) or changed addresses?

If the person changed the address and don’t  inform the USCIS  then denial is automatically if the person doesn’t  show up to the interview .

4 hours ago, Travel619 said:

For I360 and I485 filing together, do you need to send in your tax returns too?

You don’t have to submit your tax return now.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Ana FL said:

File I-485, I-765 and I-131 (I don’t know if you can get advance parole given that you are out of status) File those with Vermont.

All vawa filers can get advance parole, even if the person is out of status, if they have a pending l485was.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Dane100 said:

I don’t have a pending I-485 anymore because because my ex wife withdraw the petition.  Yes she is a citizen

Check online if your l485 was denied, if they denied then you have to refile your l485,l765,l131, G1145.

Timeline
On 4/2/2021 at 5:45 PM, isurvived said:

Is it possible your spouse/ex was a GC holder? Could that be the reason for the delay? Cause I'm wondering why it's taking so long

It doesn’t matter if the spouse is a green card holder the timeline to ADJUDICATE a petition is the same of a U.S citizen’s spouse.

Timeline
On 4/1/2021 at 9:25 PM, neimovirna said:

Quick question:

If I know that my case is in the local USCIS office, but I need to apply for EAD renewal, do I still send it to Vermont?

thanks in advance

All vawa petitioners must submit  form l765 to Vermont.

Timeline
On 3/31/2021 at 8:15 PM, fullofluck said:

Thanks Sandra! So what if I have to come back after the 1 year AP expires? Would that cancel my I360 and I485 application? Thank you!!

You will not be able to reenter once your AP expired .

Edited by sandranj

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bahamas
Timeline
3 hours ago, sandranj said:

You didn’t ask my opinion but let me tell you something , you are making a BIG mistake reconciling with your abuser. Unfortunately time will prove that I am right .Statistics show if the abuser is going to a therapist at least for 6 months and  attended minimum 3 months of anger management classes JUST 10% will not abuse again.

If you reconciled with your spouse then you have to withdraw your l360.Once you inform Uscis that you want to withdraw your Vawa then inform the field office about it, considering your AOS is pending . 

I always tell people this, abuser is always an abuser and they never change, they are just trying to bring their victim back to abuse them more severely and unfortunately this time it it can lead to death. I hope people make good choices 

5 hours ago, sandranj said:

All vawa filers can get advance parole, even if the person is out of status, if they have a pending l485was.

Hi Sandra, 

as you said all Vawa filers can get advance parole. Even if their previously asylum is  administratively closed? 

i know someone who has asylum is administratively closed 10 years ago and now she has VAWA pending. She wants to get AP to travel to some where else apart from her home country. Can she get the AP?

2 minutes ago, Dane100 said:

This is what I saw when I checked. So what do I do now?

A84A54BE-5EF8-4E10-AA73-BF64AEC4C4CF.jpeg

Please inquiry thru your congressman office to see if this I-485 is pending or denied. But if your Abuser withdraw is most likely denied. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.