1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
5 hours ago, kkeys said:

Our case just went to actively reviewing! 

PD Feb 26 2021, Vermont! 

Congrats!!

give me hope!!

hope your case approved soon!!!

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline

No news so far.

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Hubbster14 said:

Case is being actively reviewed since 5/12 at Texas Service Center, exactly two months ago... hoping for something sooooooon 

Hope so! Ours has been reviewing since 4/2 in California.

On 6/27/2021 at 10:10 PM, TwiceOhio said:

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd add my no-news to everyone else's no-news LOL!!

But I noticed something which seems a little odd with the site here. When I checked our timeline today, the part at the bottom which shows the estimated processing time says the following:

Huh? I just checked it yesterday (maybe the day before, but very recently) and it said between Nov 2021 - Jan 2022. I noticed it changes once in a while, sometimes pretty wildly, which is to be expected. But usually it's somewhere between Sep. 2021 (the earliest I've seen) and Jan. 2022. This is the first time I've seen no estimate at all.

So I looked at another Canadian beneficiary in the thread here, @kkeys  *waves* Hi guys!! :P  to see if there's any comparison. And there is, time-wise. Our IR-1 PD is Mar 01/21, which happens to be just a couple days after theirs.  Yet, on their timeline, the estimated processing time says this:

So the compilation of data is still working in at least this one (maybe) comparable (ish) case, it seems.

Would anyone happen to know why an estimate for processing time disappeared completely from my timeline all of a sudden like that?  Am I missing something?

Is it because of the difference in processing locations maybe? Ours is at Potomac, while the example above is Vermont.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!! :)

Hi There, my husband filed the i-130 last month (June 2021). My SC is also Potomac and i  know there is a range on the USCIS website but hoping potentially it may be going a little quicker than that? . I was just wondering if you have had any news if you don't mind the question

Edited by kittykat88

Timeline
3 hours ago, kittykat88 said:

Hi There, my husband filed the i-130 last month (June 2021). My SC is also Potomac and i  know there is a range on the USCIS website but hoping potentially it may be going a little quicker than that? . I was just wondering if you have had any news if you don't mind the question

The times on the website are really unreliable. The California center is showing 22-28 months or something but there have been several people who've gotten approved in 3-5 months or so. The processing times are really different for each case. The USCIS times aren't that accurate! My friend filed an i130 last year for his wife at Potomac, and it was approved in 10 months.

Edited by Paul and Sopheap
typo

1 minute ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

The times on the website are really unreliable. The California center is showing 22-28 months or something but there have been several people who've gotten approved in 3-5 months or so. The processing times are really different for each case. The USCIS times aren't that accurate! My friend filed an i130 last year for his wife at Potomac, and it was approved in 10 months.

hey,

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate the insight here. I thought that the times were all over the place and its amazing that there is such a large difference in processing times between service centers. I really hope it less than 10 months as my husband is already in Puerto Rico and I cannot travel under VWP. The earliest embassy appointment at the moment for a B visa is Feb 2022. 

Timeline
14 minutes ago, kittykat88 said:

hey,

Thanks so much for your reply. I really appreciate the insight here. I thought that the times were all over the place and its amazing that there is such a large difference in processing times between service centers. I really hope it less than 10 months as my husband is already in Puerto Rico and I cannot travel under VWP. The earliest embassy appointment at the moment for a B visa is Feb 2022. 

Yep! I always recommend this video for people: Why is my Service Center so Slow? on Jim Hacking's YouTube channel.

He is actually doing a live show right now on Facebook: His FB page is Hacking Immigration Law, LLC.

Jim is an immigration attorney who does great videos on YouTube. He also does live free Q&A shows twice a week and answers tons of questions. He is really good and is a great resource.

Edited by Paul and Sopheap
forgot something

1 hour ago, Paul and Sopheap said:

Yep! I always recommend this video for people: Why is my Service Center so Slow? on Jim Hacking's YouTube channel.

He is actually doing a live show right now on Facebook: His FB page is Hacking Immigration Law, LLC.

Jim is an immigration attorney who does great videos on YouTube. He also does live free Q&A shows twice a week and answers tons of questions. He is really good and is a great resource.

thanks for sharing this. You know what he is 100% correct. Absolutely no point working myself up over visa processing times etc. just need to wait it out i guess!

Timeline
25 minutes ago, kittykat88 said:

thanks for sharing this. You know what he is 100% correct. Absolutely no point working myself up over visa processing times etc. just need to wait it out i guess!

Yep, we all feel the same way though!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Angola
Timeline

We got approved today!!! 🎉🎉🎉

CR1

PD 02/22/2021 

Vermont Center 

March 22 2021 - Case received 

April 12 2021 - Case actively being reviewed 

July 2 2021 - We have cancelled rfe 

July 13 - We sent rfe (they asked for (1) passport style photo from petitioner) 

July 15 2021 - Uploaded evidence online 

July 16 2021 - Case actively being reviewed 

July 16 2021 - Approved 

We requested  to expedite twice and got denied both times.  

Edited by Yolanda Cortez

Timeline
1 minute ago, Yolanda Cortez said:

We got approved today!!! 🎉🎉🎉

CR1

PD 02/22/2021 (USCIS) Vermont Center 

March 22 2021 - Case received 

April 12 2021 - Case actively being reviewed 

July 2 2021 - We have cancelled rfe 

July 13 - We sent rfe evidence (they asked for (1) passport style photo from petitioner) 

July 15 2021 - Uploaded evidence online 

July 16 2021 - Case actively being reviewed 

July 16 2021 - Approved 

We requested  to expedite twice and got denied both times.  

Congrats, great news!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.