1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
8 hours ago, Immiwait said:

Thats great. Congratulations! 

When i try to submit outside normal processing times it gives me a message "your case is still within normal processing time and a request may not submited at this time". 

I dont know why is this. Even after 14 months. How is it within normal processing times????

When i chat with representative they all say one thing and it is still within normal time. 

I dont know what is their definition of "normal"?

We actually filed the outside of processing request (accidentally) incorrectly,  but USCIS didn’t seem to care.

We put i-130, Texas Service Center and Permanent Resident filing for a spouse, although my wife is a US Citizen. It was really an error on my part when the design of the processing times website had changed, I didn’t read the choices correctly. I’m glad it didn’t backfire, they accepted the outside of processing times request even although the category was wrong and at least acknowledged the long processing times.

I just used your tip and submitted an e-request for outside normal processing time.

Just to make sure i tried submitting query with correct details first again. (USC filing for spouse) but it showed same message "case is still within normal processing times". 

Then, I deliberately mentioned Permenant resident filing for spouse and it took my e -request and gave me a confirmation number. 

Finally a slight hope. Cant beleive their website is also full of flaws. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I highly appreciate it. Lets see what happens. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Oman
Timeline

Is anyone else in the NVC stage experiencing delays with the review process? I got two emails early last week just generically telling me that the status has been updated on my case and to log on to CEAC to check. When I checked, I just saw that the photographs submitted for the beneficiary were in "Accepted" state. It's been a week so far and no other document has changed status from Submitted. Should I be concerned, or is this considered normal? Their current processing date indicates they are reviewing applications submitted a week after I had originally submitted mine, so did they just forget...? Is something else going on behind the scenes? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
On 6/1/2022 at 2:07 AM, Rusal said:

Is anyone else in the NVC stage experiencing delays with the review process? I got two emails early last week just generically telling me that the status has been updated on my case and to log on to CEAC to check. When I checked, I just saw that the photographs submitted for the beneficiary were in "Accepted" state. It's been a week so far and no other document has changed status from Submitted. Should I be concerned, or is this considered normal? Their current processing date indicates they are reviewing applications submitted a week after I had originally submitted mine, so did they just forget...? Is something else going on behind the scenes? 

Any updates? When it did that to ours we checked the messages on nvc and they requested additional paperwork that it seemed we filed incorrectly and now we’re waiting again

Timeline
8 hours ago, roxydye said:

Any updates? When it did that to ours we checked the messages on nvc and they requested additional paperwork that it seemed we filed incorrectly and now we’re waiting again

Nope. It's been two weeks. Only the passport picture has been "Accepted". There's no messages showing up on the ceac portal either. I'm completely in the dark. 

11 minutes ago, Rusal said:

Nope. It's been two weeks. Only the passport picture has been "Accepted". There's no messages showing up on the ceac portal either. I'm completely in the dark. 

I had a similar experience on CEAC a year ago where I could not see the messages.  In my case, it the problem resolved and I was able to see messages again by changing browsers from Chrome to old fashioned Internet Explorer.  It is also possible that might just have been a round about way of clearing my browser cache.  In any case switching browsers a year ago solved a messages cant be seen problem for me.  Worth a try.  But it's probably time to call them and stay on hold for an hour if you still have no answers.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, top_secret said:

I had a similar experience on CEAC a year ago where I could not see the messages.  In my case, it the problem resolved and I was able to see messages again by changing browsers from Chrome to old fashioned Internet Explorer.  It is also possible that might just have been a round about way of clearing my browser cache.  In any case switching browsers a year ago solved a messages cant be seen problem for me.  Worth a try.  But it's probably time to call them and stay on hold for an hour if you still have no answers.

Yeah, appreciate the suggestion. I've tried Chrome using my Chromebook and phone, then pulled out my old laptop and tried it on Firefox, and then finally good old Internet Explorer. Cleared cookies and tried again.  All of them are giving me identical results with just the Photographs as showing Accepted, with 0 messages displayed on the home screen.

What's crazy is that if you check out the NVC Contact Information page, they put out on a notice on May 23rd (the day they started to review applications submitted on March 9th) - that "To address critical backlogs, the National Visa Center has suspended our public inquiry telephone line." I am now wondering if they put cases on hold because of this? But it's so confusing because the following week, they updated their normal status to indicate which submitted documents they are reviewing. So I don't know what to make of it. I did submit the public inquiry form online...but that'll probably take 3 weeks for them to take a look at. Smh. This process really sucks...

Timeline

I am personally starting to get more and more frustrated with the wait, but I believe either by the end of this week or beginning of next week we should hear something from nvc . If they’ll say the paperwork is incorrect or whatever I’m definitely going to lose it. 
went through each one of them a few times so hopefully I’ll just get a interview date

Timeline
23 minutes ago, roxydye said:

I am personally starting to get more and more frustrated with the wait, but I believe either by the end of this week or beginning of next week we should hear something from nvc . If they’ll say the paperwork is incorrect or whatever I’m definitely going to lose it. 
went through each one of them a few times so hopefully I’ll just get a interview date

When did you submit your documents to NVC

Timeline
On 6/8/2022 at 12:45 AM, Rusal said:

When did you submit your documents to NVC

December and in march they accepted most of them and we had to upload the correct ones that were rejected

Good news! Finally was able to schedule the interview for mid July! Seems there are only 2 days available as of today. 

We started the process in March 2021 and after 15 months it is a huge relief. 

If you're still waiting, consider requesting them to expedite due to psychological stress due to Hong Kong covid laws. It seems to have worked in our case. 

Timeline
23 minutes ago, themandalorian said:

Good news! Finally was able to schedule the interview for mid July! Seems there are only 2 days available as of today. 

We started the process in March 2021 and after 15 months it is a huge relief. 

If you're still waiting, consider requesting them to expedite due to psychological stress due to Hong Kong covid laws. It seems to have worked in our case. 

I’m so happy for you guys!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.