1,047 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
29 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

I don't expect it to go fast so I've decided to move to Russia for a bit to be with my husband until we are able to get the visa. I still don't think it will be before a year a from now. Can your wife move to China temporarily maybe? 

I am thinking about going back to Cambodia to wait with my wife too now that I've re-established domicile. Have a credit/debit card, bank account, remote job with a US company, apartment etc.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am considering this too!! My husband is in Nigeria and I think it will be more than a year still and I don’t want to be apart from him.  I own a home here so I can rent it out while I’m gone to pay the mortgage here but I could really use some help finding a remote job in the US that I can do from Nigeria to help support our living there … any suggestions on some good companies with entry level work or entry level accounting work ? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
50 minutes ago, MSFam<3 said:

I am considering this too!! My husband is in Nigeria and I think it will be more than a year still and I don’t want to be apart from him.  I own a home here so I can rent it out while I’m gone to pay the mortgage here but I could really use some help finding a remote job in the US that I can do from Nigeria to help support our living there … any suggestions on some good companies with entry level work or entry level accounting work ? 

Great question.. I am going to have to leave my job as they will not let me work remotely. I have a very good job so its a hard call!

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline
1 hour ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Great question.. I am going to have to leave my job as they will not let me work remotely. I have a very good job so its a hard call!

https://www.flexjobs.com/

https://weworkremotely.com/

These are all sites I used and got interviews from, but I ended up finding my current job on https://www.indeed.com/ by searching for "IT Jobs" and setting the location to "remote".

2 hours ago, MSFam<3 said:

https://www.flexjobs.com/

https://weworkremotely.com/

These are all sites I used and got interviews from, but I ended up finding my current job on https://www.indeed.com/ by searching for "IT Jobs" and setting the location to "remote".

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
11 hours ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

I don't expect it to go fast so I've decided to move to Russia for a bit to be with my husband until we are able to get the visa. I still don't think it will be before a year a from now. Can your wife move to China temporarily maybe? 

I am the beneficiary in China. because the border policy under COVID-19 my husband cant get the special visa come to China :(

I have the B2 visa but the ticket is very expensive during summer vacation.So i plan to go to the US after summer vacation.

Hope we can get some good news ASAP.

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

Timeline
30 minutes ago, speedsun said:

Got expedited request approval yesterday and then checked later on and had I-130 approval notice in my docs.

Did you ever get notification that the expedite request was assigned to someone?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, speedsun said:

Got expedited request approval yesterday and then checked later on and had I-130 approval notice in my docs.

What was your reason for expedite? 

I (beneficiary) have medical conditions and they wouldn't even let us submit documentation and denied it. 

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, speedsun said:

Congrats~

BTW what's your reason for request expedited

It's a long long journey till i find my way home to you

I-751 Timeline

1/3 Filled I-751 and Sent on 1/10

1/17 Got USCIS IOE#.Case was received and a receipt notice was sent.

1/23 Check cashed

1/26 Case Tracker update :Biometrics appointment was scheduled.

2/2 Received Bio appointment in mail and rescheduled the bio appointment online

2/6 Received  NOA and extension letter in mail

2/7 Done Bio in person and status changed to "Actively reviewed"

3 hours ago, kkeys said:

I (beneficiary) have medical conditions and they wouldn't even let us submit documentation and denied it. 

Military PCS with a child. Claimed financial, I’ve heard they denied it before but i think children weigh heavily with that reasoning

i would try again with medical. If it’s serious enough they may approve it

Timeline
4 hours ago, kkeys said:

27 minutes ago, speedsun said:

Military PCS with a child. Claimed financial, I’ve heard they denied it before but i think children weigh heavily with that reasoning

i would try again with medical. If it’s serious enough they may approve it

Congrats. I have not shared this as I was not ready but I was pregnant and had a pretty traumatic miscarriage due to stress and health issues and asked to expedite so my husband could be here to help and was denied. I am the petitioner.

Found love, thought I wanted this path, two years later realized my partner was not worth all the stress 😁

11 minutes ago, Strawberrymermaid said:

Congrats. I have not shared this as I was not ready but I was pregnant and had a pretty traumatic miscarriage due to stress and health issues and asked to expedite so my husband could be here to help and was denied. I am the petitioner.

I’m so sorry to hear that. I wish they would grant more expedites but they seem to have their select reasons and won’t budge on others. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.