J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, GG & SG said:

Which consulate in India did you process K1 visa? Our NOA1 date is June 24, 2021. Waiting for approval.

Mumbai is currently the only consulate doing K-1s in India

Timeline
On 6/1/2022 at 1:53 PM, Chancy said:

I think you mean interview approval.  Congratulations!

The visa itself can't be approved until after the medical (including sputum culture test) has been cleared.  Hopefully it will turn out well.

We didn't have to do sputum and sealed medical exam was given to consulate during interview. Everything was clear, just waiting on them to apply the Visa to get passport😃

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
5 hours ago, I129f49619 said:

I had to call the embassy and I sent the there confirmation from DHL and told them that the package was delivered and then the next day they sent the package

hi, congratulations, wish you and your fiancé the very best :)

i am waiting for nvc to send my case to mumbai.

how did you call the embassy? was it easy to reach them and get good response?
since we can’t call nvc, i’m thinking of calling embassy after a month and would like to know your experience 

thanks

Timeline
35 minutes ago, 4thntr said:

hi, congratulations, wish you and your fiancé the very best :)

i am waiting for nvc to send my case to mumbai.

how did you call the embassy? was it easy to reach them and get good response?
since we can’t call nvc, i’m thinking of calling embassy after a month and would like to know your experience 

thanks

Hello, my fiance who is in India was calling multiple times and they told her Everytime she called to email them, every time she emailed they said they hadn't received the physical application even though I tracked the application using the DHL hack after NVC sent the application. She wasn't having any luck for about 3 weeks. I the US citizen had to make an international call and talk to them and sent them the DHL tracking ID and demanded they had already received the application, overnight they sent the packet. When my goodness received the physical packet in the mail weeks after we had already scheduled everything the application has said it was received on the 12th of May even though we heard nothing till 24th. So I would be on top of them! 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
9 minutes ago, I129f49619 said:

Hello, my fiance who is in India was calling multiple times and they told her Everytime she called to email them, every time she emailed they said they hadn't received the physical application even though I tracked the application using the DHL hack after NVC sent the application. She wasn't having any luck for about 3 weeks. I the US citizen had to make an international call and talk to them and sent them the DHL tracking ID and demanded they had already received the application, overnight they sent the packet. When my goodness received the physical packet in the mail weeks after we had already scheduled everything the application has said it was received on the 12th of May even though we heard nothing till 24th. So I would be on top of them! 

hi, @I129f49619, thank you for the information. i will call them next month.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline
On 6/22/2022 at 5:27 PM, Rj6368 said:

hey all, we received this from NVC yesterday. Our case is being forwarded to the embassy in Mumbai. Does anyone know the next step? Can we file DS-160 right away with the case number or do we have to wait for the physical letter and/or once the case is received?

When did you get your NOV2

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi all,

I have a quick question, do K1 applicants receive the yellow envelope that cant be opened ?

If so, when is it delivered to the applicant? My fiance went to the interview on June 1st, 2022  but is waiting for the Tuberculosis tests results and he wasn't given any envelope, they told him once they received the results they will send the passport to the DHL location chosen.

Please if anyone knows this info, share it with me.

Thank you

1 hour ago, Boy1988 said:

Hi all,

I have a quick question, do K1 applicants receive the yellow envelope that cant be opened ?

If so, when is it delivered to the applicant? My fiance went to the interview on June 1st, 2022  but is waiting for the Tuberculosis tests results and he wasn't given any envelope, they told him once they received the results they will send the passport to the DHL location chosen.

Please if anyone knows this info, share it with me.

Thank you

Yes, I received mine a week after my interview (London embassy), the yellow envelope and my passport came packaged in an outer envelope. How long it takes will most likely be embassy/country dependent.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nylar said:

Yes, I received mine a week after my interview (London embassy), the yellow envelope and my passport came packaged in an outer envelope. How long it takes will most likely be embassy/country dependent.

Many thanks

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Went to the interview today and approved!! so glad this part of the k1 is over!!!

On 6/2/2022 at 10:50 AM, slavaskii said:

Hi! Seems to vary based on what they asked for. From what I've seen here, it can take up to two months, particularly if it's questioning the two-year meeting requirement. There's still many RFEs waiting to be reviewed; I think the main March chart tracks those, too.

Hi.. please after approval and it's our 26th days after approval, how we get a case ID after receiving i797 notice of action. What should be our next step.thanks 

• 5 months later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

This forum hasn’t been active in awhile  im

Hoping  by now everyone has finally been with their loved one and in the process of adjustment of status. I’m currently back in the waiting game waiting for that Receipt notice text they received it on dec 31st. I’m wishing everyone the best on this next test of patience with USCIS

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.