J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Does anyone know about how long the time frame is currently looking between "received approval/NOA2" to "visa in hand and able to enter the US"? I know this of course varies a lot from country to country, but maybe one of you all have more of an idea about what comes next and could fill me in. My fiancé is in Mexico, if that helps.

Not that I'm approved or anything yet lol 😔 but I guess I'm just curious so that I can think about the possible timeframes and when we'll finally be able to start living together, when I might need to purchase the plane ticket, etc.

1 hour ago, charlottewitch said:

Does anyone know about how long the time frame is currently looking between "received approval/NOA2" to "visa in hand and able to enter the US"? I know this of course varies a lot from country to country, but maybe one of you all have more of an idea about what comes next and could fill me in. My fiancé is in Mexico, if that helps.

Not that I'm approved or anything yet lol 😔 but I guess I'm just curious so that I can think about the possible timeframes and when we'll finally be able to start living together, when I might need to purchase the plane ticket, etc.

The K1 visa timeline stats page (K1 and K3 Visa US Immigration Statistics (visajourney.com) will show you the average time between the NOA2 and NVC (NVC processing phase) and the average time from NVC processing to the actual interview. There is country specific information on this page. It looks like in the last 6 months, it's taking about 170 days on average from NOA2 to actual interview for Mexico (124 days for NVC processing +  46 days for interview). I think once you have the visa, you are free to enter any time during the valid period. 

Timeline

Thank you for the info and answer! A bit over five months, huh... That's not too bad. It'll seem like nothing compared to this wait that NOA2 has been. Finally being together this year doesn't seem like such a pipe dream after all 😭

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, charlottewitch said:

Thank you for the info and answer! A bit over five months, huh... That's not too bad. It'll seem like nothing compared to this wait that NOA2 has been. Finally being together this year doesn't seem like such a pipe dream after all 😭

Right? Getting the NOA2 is like trying to get through an unbeatable army, haha. Once that's over it'll feel like we're strolling through beautiful fields until we're reunited with our partners :D

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Fk254 said:

Helo , any positive news for today???

Are the numbers encouraging today??

I won't be running the numbers until closer to noon PST. I haven't ran them yet today so I'm not sure what's going on at the moment.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, Naeem67 said:

Haven't seen anything today. Is it holiday today?

I have a small sample on my tracker and was able to see a one approval and one RFE for the 15March.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Naeem67 said:

Haven't seen anything today. Is it holiday today?

4 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

I have a small sample on my tracker and was able to see a one approval and one RFE for the 15March.

Yes, there are very very few approvals/RFEs thus far today (only 10:30 after all), but all of them are mid-March (around 15th).

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
43 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Yes, there are very very few approvals/RFEs thus far today (only 10:30 after all), but all of them are mid-March (around 15th).

Sorry if you've been asked this before, but where/how are you getting this information? 

Timeline
3 hours ago, charlottewitch said:

I’m in the same boat. Fiancé is in Mexico and I’m curious to see how long between approval and interview. Do you know if they are still having interviews in Mexico City in addition to Juarez? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
1 minute ago, M+K said:

March 16 filer reporting approval today! 

Congratulations! I'm genuinely happy for everyone getting their approval! Also, on a more selfish note, every approval makes me feel I'm closer to get ours.

Timeline

Not really looking forward to running numbers in 30 minutes. I have a watch on most of the March 4th filers still awaiting any action on their case and it seems like they've just lost the March 4th stack of people and have moved onto mid-March. Pretty disheartening :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.