J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Just wanted to update everyone that we have recieved our NOA1 letter just now in the post! Approximately 6 days :) lets hope NOA2 isn't too much of a wait! I have seen someone post that it took them 5 months to recieve their NOA2! I hope things aren't that much delayed for all of our sakes!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
22 minutes ago, DeeJess said:

Just wanted to update everyone that we have recieved our NOA1 letter just now in the post! Approximately 6 days :) lets hope NOA2 isn't too much of a wait! I have seen someone post that it took them 5 months to recieve their NOA2! I hope things aren't that much delayed for all of our sakes!

Yes things seem to be moving! There was a news update regarding fiancé visas in travel banned countries. Good news for everyone! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/updates-to-national-interest-exceptions-for-regional-covid-proclamations.html

On April 8, 2021, the Secretary of State determined that travel on an immigrant or fiancé(e) visa is in the national interest for purposes of granting exceptions under the geographic COVID proclamations.   Immigrant Visa processing posts may now grant immigrant and fiancé(e) visas to applicants otherwise eligible, notwithstanding these proclamations.

Immigrant and K fiancé visa applicants present in South Africa, Brazil, the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the People’s Republic of China, and the Islamic Republic of Iran should review the website of the nearest embassy or consulate which processes immigrant visas to verify which visa services are currently available, as the volume and type of visa cases each post is able to process, given the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, will depend on local circumstances

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
10 minutes ago, J&D1008 said:

Yes things seem to be moving! There was a news update regarding fiancé visas in travel banned countries. Good news for everyone! 

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/updates-to-national-interest-exceptions-for-regional-covid-proclamations.html

On April 8, 2021, the Secretary of State determined that travel on an immigrant or fiancé(e) visa is in the national interest for purposes of granting exceptions under the geographic COVID proclamations.   Immigrant Visa processing posts may now grant immigrant and fiancé(e) visas to applicants otherwise eligible, notwithstanding these proclamations.

Immigrant and K fiancé visa applicants present in South Africa, Brazil, the Schengen Area, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, the People’s Republic of China, and the Islamic Republic of Iran should review the website of the nearest embassy or consulate which processes immigrant visas to verify which visa services are currently available, as the volume and type of visa cases each post is able to process, given the ongoing impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic, will depend on local circumstances

Ahh this is great news!! I hope the London Embassy take this into account and start the processing!! :)

Just a quick question, does this news mean that anyone who lives in a country banned from entring the US can apply to be exempt if they can prove they're currently being processed for the K1 visa? Because I haven't seen my fiance since last year and I'm dying to travel to the US from London!

Timeline
27 minutes ago, ReinaConEddy said:

My I-129f packet was signed for in Dallas March 15th and I just got the text tonight at 9:30pm! Stay patient and hopeful everyone! 

Your NOA-1 is March 15th not today. You can start counting the days from receipt date

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
On 4/5/2021 at 7:01 PM, Medzz said:

Anyone filed in Mid to late march got their NOA1 as yet 

We just did! Filed March 16th, we one-day shipped it with USPS and it arrived by noon on the 17th; I don’t think it updated to ‘received’ until sometime the following day, though. Received the text from USCIS at 9:30 PM (April 8th).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes for the mailed NOA1 to arrive? Super excited, I didn’t expect it to be 3 weeks exactly!

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
59 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

We just did! Filed March 16th, we one-day shipped it with USPS and it arrived by noon on the 17th; I don’t think it updated to ‘received’ until sometime the following day, though. Received the text from USCIS at 9:30 PM (April 8th).

Out of curiosity, does anyone know how long it takes for the mailed NOA1 to arrive? Super excited, I didn’t expect it to be 3 weeks exactly!

Mine took about 5 days from the text. But at least your NOA-1 will be backdated to March. 

23 hours ago, slavaskii said:

I just got my physical NOA1 yesterday! My check was cashed April 2 and it was in my mailbox April 8 so a little was than a week.

(And my NOA1 date is march 9, same day it was delivered to the lockbox)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
On 4/7/2021 at 2:08 AM, Clairebear said:

Hi, guys.

My fiance sent our fiance petition to Lewisville, TX on 03/24/2021 through Fedex.

And we are waiting for NOA1.

We heard that it will take a month because of Pandemic.

Today someone said our petition will be rejected because we used Fedex service.

I don’t get it. And the someone said she saw some information “Do not use Fedex service. We don’t accept the petition” on February or March on USCIS website.

I’m shocked and panicked... is it truth?

I used fedex and got my noa-1 this past week to Lewisville as well 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

Is there someone who submitted i-129f on the end of March? My fiancé and I are still waiting for NOA1.

I did, they received it on march 30th still no NOA1 and my CC is not charged as yet 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Clairebear said:

My fiance’s credit card is not charged yet. 😕 I’m so worried..

When did you submit your application? It would be helpful if you started to fill in your timeline. No need to worry though. They're still behind on issuing NOA1s, but are doing so more quickly now than in the previous months. Just be patient, you'll probably hear back soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.