tombs07

I-751 March 2021 Filers

712 posts in this topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/30/2023 at 9:27 PM, CB and JB said:

Today I checked my USCIS account and saw that the Case Status was changed as of January 30, 2023 to:  New Card Is Being Produced.

My service center is MSC and the last status (prior to today) was two years ago  (December 15, 2021:  We are ready to schedule your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, for an interview.)  My husband and I never received a request for an I-751 interview.

P.S. This was without having to make a N-400 application.

Congrats 👏👏, the waiting is always stressful but this time i barely think about it. I did not file for N-400 either, my office is YSC and i have no rush. I'm taking step by step ,been like 23 months SMH. My English not that good, but it could get worst I'm doing better,  I'm tired of using Google translator.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you.  For me, the only stressful thing was wondering if my driver's license was going to expire.  When I heard that USCIS would issue 48 month extensions, I thought, "Great!  Now I know it'll be easy to get an extension to my driver's license."  It was a total surprise when I realized my I-751 had actually been approved because I thought I'd have to wait another year.

11 minutes ago, CB and JB said:

Thank you.  For me, the only stressful thing was wondering if my driver's license was going to expire.  When I heard that USCIS would issue 48 month extensions, I thought, "Great!  Now I know it'll be easy to get an extension to my driver's license."  It was a total surprise when I realized my I-751 had actually been approved because I thought I'd have to wait another year.

Which service center was it?

• 2 months later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Wow, been quiet round here for a few months. Guess I'll chime in to say that I'm still waiting on my application at YSC. According to the processing times on the USCIS website, it'll be July at the earliest before I hear anything. Been stuck on the biometrics re-used notice since June of 2021. So, yeah, I guess I'll just continue waiting for the Potomac Center to get it together. Just sucks getting the worst draw of all the service centers for this. Any other YSC filers hear anything to date?

1 hour ago, interprime said:

Wow, been quiet round here for a few months. Guess I'll chime in to say that I'm still waiting on my application at YSC. According to the processing times on the USCIS website, it'll be July at the earliest before I hear anything. Been stuck on the biometrics re-used notice since June of 2021. So, yeah, I guess I'll just continue waiting for the Potomac Center to get it together. Just sucks getting the worst draw of all the service centers for this. Any other YSC filers hear anything to date?

We're WAC from April 2021. Our case was transferred a year ago to schedule an interview -while others around us were approved in February 2022-.

So you're not alone. Even though not from the same service center, some of us are still waiting. 

11 hours ago, interprime said:

I'm a March 2021 filer also in YSC - same situation as you; last I heard was biometrics in June 2021. Hopefully we hear something within the next few months~

ROC Timeline:

Date format is MM/DD/YY

05/16/19 - Green Card Issue Date

03/10/21 - Sent ROC paperwork to Phoenix, AZ | USPS 2-Day Shipping

04/07/21 - NOA1 Text Messages Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Writing now to update that I decided to file my N-400 today, so hopefully that moves things along even a little bit quicker. Got the Biometric reuse notice instantly, so I'm going to take that as a good sign!

2 hours ago, interprime said:

Writing now to update that I decided to file my N-400 today, so hopefully that moves things along even a little bit quicker. Got the Biometric reuse notice instantly, so I'm going to take that as a good sign!

Good luck! Hope that gets things moving. 

We are trying to avoid that route and rather wait. 

• 2 months later...
On 4/27/2023 at 10:29 AM, interprime said:

I had YSC as well and it took forever. I finally had my interview last week. It was a combo interview for my citizenship as well. The interviewer we got was tough. Before we went there I was more nervous about the test than the interview part just because I felt like we had so much more evidence than we had for the first GC (now we own house, cars together etc. ) and thought our case was easy... and yet the interviewer kept asking for more and didn't seem to be satisfied the whole time, even wrote down all the months/years my husband and I were mentioning about how/when we met and our lives to make sure our timelines lined up. Asked so many questions, lots of details. So when we got to the citizenship test questions, it felt so quick and easy compared to the interview itself. I got approved but I just felt down when I was leaving. I'm glad this process is done and we won't have to deal with this anymore.

5 hours ago, Michaela K. said:

I had YSC as well and it took forever. I finally had my interview last week. It was a combo interview for my citizenship as well. The interviewer we got was tough. Before we went there I was more nervous about the test than the interview part just because I felt like we had so much more evidence than we had for the first GC (now we own house, cars together etc. ) and thought our case was easy... and yet the interviewer kept asking for more and didn't seem to be satisfied the whole time, even wrote down all the months/years my husband and I were mentioning about how/when we met and our lives to make sure our timelines lined up. Asked so many questions, lots of details. So when we got to the citizenship test questions, it felt so quick and easy compared to the interview itself. I got approved but I just felt down when I was leaving. I'm glad this process is done and we won't have to deal with this anymore.

Sorry you had a cruddy final interview experience. I'm also waiting on YSC, so hope that negative officer moves on before I'm interviewing. Congratulations on your approval and never having to deal with USCIS again!

A magical mystery tour of many US visas prior to AOS... (J-1, F-1, H-1B)

I-485/AOS:

Spoiler

EAD/AP - NOA received May 18, 2020

AOS - NOA received May 18, 2020

Biometrics (Code 2) - August 5, 2020

Biometrics take 2 (Code 3) - August 27, 2020

Ready to be Scheduled for Interview - September 8, 2020

EAD/AP Approval Notice - October  1, 2020

EAD Card Received - October 13, 2020

Interview Scheduled Notification - March 1, 2021

Interview Scheduled - April 6, 2021

GC Approved - May 7, 2021

GC Mailed - May 11, 2021

GC Delivered - May 11, 2021

N400 Citizenship:

File Date - January 8, 2024

Biometrics Waiver - January 8, 2024

Interview Scheduled - March 7, 2024

Interview Date - April 12, 2024

Conditionally Approved Pending I-751 Transfer - April 12, 2024

I-751 Case Was Transferred to Another Office - April 12, 2024

Case Approved - May 5, 2024

Oath Ceremony to be Scheduled - May 5, 2024

Oath Scheduled - May 18, 2024

Oath Ceremony - June 18, 2024

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 7, 2023

Package Delivered - January 9, 2023

NOA Date - January 10, 2023

NOA Received - January 17, 2023 (dated "received" January 9, 2023)

48 Month Extension Received - March 20, 2023

Case Approved - May 3, 2024

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.