tombs07

I-751 March 2021 Filers

712 posts in this topic

Has anyone who submitted their I-751 in March 2021 heard of an approval from YSC yet? It's been 16 months and I cannot find any indication that YSC has approved anyone from March 2021. We did end up submitting the N-400 a few months ago, so I assume that this will be processed before the I-751 at this rate.   

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Bolivia
Timeline

This is so annoying, we go to the N 400 today and my wife passes all test and signs the oath of allegiance. She comes out after about 20 minutes later and asked me to come speak with the officer.

The officer says he cant make a decision because our I 751 10 year green card isn't approved (yes its not approved we are still waiting on I 751 10 year green card interview) but because my wife is eligible for citizenship we did N 400 and she took test today and passed everything and was given a piece of paper with the little X mark on it saying the English, civics and history passed.

The officer also stated we were the 3rd person today that passed but a decision couldn't be made. He also complained he was only given 20 minutes per interview. 

He said we would get something in the mail but didn't say when or if we would be required to submit anything further or come back for an interview.

So now what? Do we really need to wait for the I 751 10 year green card interview? Or are they needing something or wanting to look through the I 751 10 year green card documents we sent in last year before decision? 

How long is best guess before we hear something?

So I just check my wife's USCIS account and it states: 

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 6 months

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
12 minutes ago, LarryHickman said:

This is so annoying, we go to the N 400 today and my wife passes all test and signs the oath of allegiance. She comes out after about 20 minutes later and asked me to come speak with the officer.

The officer says he cant make a decision because our I 751 10 year green card isn't approved (yes its not approved we are still waiting on I 751 10 year green card interview) but because my wife is eligible for citizenship we did N 400 and she took test today and passed everything and was given a piece of paper with the little X mark on it saying the English, civics and history passed.

The officer also stated we were the 3rd person today that passed but a decision couldn't be made. He also complained he was only given 20 minutes per interview. 

He said we would get something in the mail but didn't say when or if we would be required to submit anything further or come back for an interview.

So now what? Do we really need to wait for the I 751 10 year green card interview? Or are they needing something or wanting to look through the I 751 10 year green card documents we sent in last year before decision? 

How long is best guess before we hear something?

So I just check my wife's USCIS account and it states: 

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 6 months

The I-751 has to be adjudicated before N-400 can be approved. It's unfortunate that your wife didn't get a combo interview to approve both. Some people have had both petitions approved after this happens within 24 hours, other wait for months (or more) before an update. No way to know which way it will go in your case. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, beloved_dingo said:

The I-751 has to be adjudicated before N-400 can be approved. It's unfortunate that your wife didn't get a combo interview to approve both. Some people have had both petitions approved after this happens within 24 hours, other wait for months (or more) before an update. No way to know which way it will go in your case. 

Yeah it P's me off BIG TIME more waiting even though she passed, our relationship is legit and we pay our taxes which pay their salary.

Hi, 6 years ago I had a traffic incident and I don't know if I should mention it in the N400 interview. I failed to give the right of way to an incoming car and we crashed. I gave my insurance to pay for the damages of the two cars and the incident appears on my drivers record (but the record says "involvement indicated in this report doesn't mean the individual was at fault or given a citation"). I cannot remember if I had a ticket or not. The police report doesn't say if I had to pay any fine. I am sure I was NOT ordered to go to court, I would remember that, and I've never had to attend traffic school. The damages were minor & there was no injuries nor alcohol or drugs involved. There's no statements available from my credit card from 2016, so I cannot find a record if I paid a ticket at that time or not. So, I honestly don't know if I ever had a ticket or not. In the adjustment of status interview I said I've never had a citation because until today I had totally forgotten about this incident. Until I found in my hard drive, in the car documents folder something called crash report and then i remembered. What should I answer to the have you ever been cited question?

On 7/7/2022 at 11:43 AM, Lyondellic said:

Has anyone who submitted their I-751 in March 2021 heard of an approval from YSC yet? It's been 16 months and I cannot find any indication that YSC has approved anyone from March 2021. We did end up submitting the N-400 a few months ago, so I assume that this will be processed before the I-751 at this rate.   

I submitted a month after you the i751 (April 2021). On April 2022 I submitted the n400. At the end of June I received two letters sent the same day and my status changed the same day on both applications. One letter said that my i751 had been transferred to a different office for faster processing. The other said I was scheduled for the n400 interview which is in less than a month. Im guessing it means I’ll have a combo interview. Just for reference!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Penelope_Dujardin said:

Hi, 6 years ago I had a traffic incident and I don't know if I should mention it in the N400 interview. I failed to give the right of way to an incoming car and we crashed. I gave my insurance to pay for the damages of the two cars and the incident appears on my drivers record (but the record says "involvement indicated in this report doesn't mean the individual was at fault or given a citation"). I cannot remember if I had a ticket or not. The police report doesn't say if I had to pay any fine. I am sure I was NOT ordered to go to court, I would remember that, and I've never had to attend traffic school. The damages were minor & there was no injuries nor alcohol or drugs involved. There's no statements available from my credit card from 2016, so I cannot find a record if I paid a ticket at that time or not. So, I honestly don't know if I ever had a ticket or not. In the adjustment of status interview I said I've never had a citation because until today I had totally forgotten about this incident. Until I found in my hard drive, in the car documents folder something called crash report and then i remembered. What should I answer to the have you ever been cited question?

If you have the police report, just contact the police station and see if they can tell you if a ticket was issued and give them the police report # as a reference. If they say no, a ticket wasn't issued, then don't worry about it. 

K1 to AOS                                                                                   AOS/EAD/AP                                                                      N-400

03/01/2018 - I-129F Mailed                                              06/19/2019 - NOA1 Date                                              01/27/2023 - N-400 Filed Online

03/08/2018 - NOA1 Date                                                    07/11/2019 - Biometrics Appt                                   02/23/2023 - Biometrics Appt
09/14/2018 - NOA2 Date                                                    12/13/2019 - EAD/AP Approved                               04/03/2023 - Interview Scheduled

10/16/2018 - NVC Received                                              12/17/2019 - Interview Scheduled                          05/10/2023 - Interview - APPROVED!

10/21/2018 - Packet 3 Received                                      01/29/2020 - Interview - APPROVED!                  OFFICIALLY A U.S. CITIZEN! 

12/30/2018 - Packet 3 Sent                                               02/04/2020 - Green Card Received! 

01/06/2019 - Packet 4 Received                                     ROC - I-751

01/29/2019 - Interview - APPROVED!                           11/02/2021 - Mailed ROC Packet

02/05/2019 - Visa Received                                             11/04/2021 - NOA1 Date

05/17/2019 - U.S. Arrival                                                     01/19/2022 - Biometrics Waived

05/24/2019 - Married ❤️                                                    02/04/2023 - Transferred to New Office

06/14/2019 - Mailed AOS Packet                                    05/10/2023 - APPROVED!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
On 7/7/2022 at 12:43 PM, Lyondellic said:

Nope, nothing.  Exact same as you.  YSC is the WORST.

Hello, we filed I-751 on March 2021 @EAC service center but havent heard anything from them other than extension letter (they did transfer my case to NBC after we filed N-400) being said that we did file N-400 around March this year and got a notification today that interview for N-400 is schedule for next month but in the letter it doesnt mention about any combo interview for both I-751 and N-400. Based on the reviews from others i am reading it seems like they wont approve your N-400 even you pass your interview due to pending I-751. This is very complicated ,i assume that once we will be schedule for I-751 interview and pass that interview ,our pending N-400 will automatically will be approved . Real case here would be keep calling USCIS after passing the I-751 interview and have them approve the N-400. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Edited by Sat2022

Hello Everyone, 

Going of what has been discussed lately I have found this link.  https://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/conditional-resident-awaiting-i-751-approval-consider-filing-n-400-for-naturalization.html

They suggest writing a cover letter with your N-400 application.  Since I applied online I can still add documents to it, so I'll give it a go.  Better luck everyone!! @LarryHickman F'ing sucks! I'm so sorry that happened! That's some bs.  

On 7/16/2022 at 7:13 AM, Sat2022 said:

Hello, we filed I-751 on March 2021 @EAC service center but havent heard anything from them other than extension letter (they did transfer my case to NBC after we filed N-400) being said that we did file N-400 around March this year and got a notification today that interview for N-400 is schedule for next month but in the letter it doesnt mention about any combo interview for both I-751 and N-400. Based on the reviews from others i am reading it seems like they wont approve your N-400 even you pass your interview due to pending I-751. This is very complicated ,i assume that once we will be schedule for I-751 interview and pass that interview ,our pending N-400 will automatically will be approved . Real case here would be keep calling USCIS after passing the I-751 interview and have them approve the N-400. Anyone else in the same boat ?

Hi, I’m on the same boat. But I’m quite sure they’ll probably do the combo interview even if it doesn’t say in the letter. At least, I’m preparing for it to be that way and I’ll bring my husband with me in case they need him. I suggest you do the same if your partner can come. And I’ll bring asm much evidence of our marriage as I can. One thing that I’m not sure happened to you is that the day I got my N400 interview letter, that same day I received a letter saying my i751 had been transferred to the national benefits center which happens when they transfer an application to your local office. So I’m not sure if your i751 is still being processed in the old office, in that case chance is your won’t get a combo interview. But I would go prepared for it anyway.

12 minutes ago, Penelope_Dujardin said:

Hi, I’m on the same boat. But I’m quite sure they’ll probably do the combo interview even if it doesn’t say in the letter. At least, I’m preparing for it to be that way and I’ll bring my husband with me in case they need him. I suggest you do the same if your partner can come. And I’ll bring asm much evidence of our marriage as I can. One thing that I’m not sure happened to you is that the day I got my N400 interview letter, that same day I received a letter saying my i751 had been transferred to the national benefits center which happens when they transfer an application to your local office. So I’m not sure if your i751 is still being processed in the old office, in that case chance is your won’t get a combo interview. But I would go prepared for it anyway.

Mine I-751 was transferred to National Benefits center in April right after we filed for N-400.

14 minutes ago, Penelope_Dujardin said:

Based on other people review doesnt seems like the case , i heard some people did get the combo so i am not sure how is that working.

20 minutes ago, Sat2022 said:

Mine I-751 was transferred to National Benefits center in April right after we filed for N-400.

So that means it’s being processed by your local office, the same that will conduct the N400 interview, so they have the power to approve the two on the same day if they want to do so 

Timeline

I’m happy to report my wife is being sent a ceremony date, when I’m not sure yet but this process is finally over, Thank the Lord!!!

VJ buds thanks for all your help all these years and good luck to you in your journeys 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.