Misiu

NVC could be a nicer organization

7 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

I just want to express one thing. It is really medieval how NVC manages information.

I don't think it would be so hard for them to publish for each embassy, what was the last date of DQ they scheduled interview for that month. This is as easy as looking the last row of an excel table and bring all data in just one excel sheet for each embassy.

We would not have then this "Which DQ dates got the interview, which dates will get next month, hmm" syndrome.

NVC publishes how many visas are issued by each post every month for 2 months before. USCIS publishes how many cases are approved, denied and pending for each quarter. That is good things. But why not publishing how many cases are interviewed each month in each post, which DQ date was the cut off date etc.

I really do not think that would take more than 15 min for an employee to prepare. Everything there on their system already.

Just frustrated to check all the timelines, some of them partly filled, some of them filled with mistakes and try to make some assumption which dates are interviewed, which dates will be interviewed next batch etc. I wish NVC was more transparent on this issue.

I’m pretty sure NVC says allow 60 days from dq for your interview to be scheduled.. in today’s world this timeframe is a little scatty due to covid etc

they’re not going to give you an excel spreadsheet for information they don’t have or manage..e.g. they don’t issue visas or approve them... so why would you expect them to give you that information when it’s available elsewhere on the internet? And what benefit is there from showing all the consulate information? When you can contact your consulate directly? You realise just how many consulates there are? All with their own calendars? 

AOS Journey

• I-485 etc filed 23 April 2020 
  • NOA1 I-485 June 3 2020 
  • NOA1 EAD 23 April 2020
  • Biometrics 5 Jan 2021
  • EAD approved 12 March 2021
  • Interview Completed 24 March 2021
  • EAD Card Received 1 April 2021  
  • Case under review 2 April 2021
  • New Card is Being Produced 25 September 2021
  • 10 Year Green Card Approved and Mailed 27 September 2021 🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

Timeline

NVC was the only part of the process I found somewhat tolerable. Everything was done via electronic uploads or email, I could usually get a hold of a competent friendly rep within an hour of calling, they actually answered emails... 

As another poster said, they don't deal with approvals or denials. Once a case is complete and ready to be interviewed, it's out of their hands.

You can always reach out to the relevant embassy and ask for a timeline or ask them what cases are being processed. Also, chances are that if X visas were issued at a post, very close to X were interviewed since AFAIK most visa are issued fairly quickly.

The OP did not ask for results of the interviews, only which DQ date was sent to each embassy.

It seems this would be manageable to publish, but perhaps not, there are a lot of embassies.

Fortunately some of those answers can be found here at VJ.

As for the comment "You can always reach out to the relevant embassy and ask for a timeline or ask them what cases are being processed." 

I'm sure not all embassies are the same but when I did this (in Jan 2021) the reply was rather curt and did not even seem as if the reply was intended for the message I sent, it was as if it were a chat bot, and not a very good one.   NVC did answer my email, after a week, which is fine, they are busy and they show that it will take a week.  The problem is that the reply was only marginally better than that of the embassy.  It gave me half an answer where the embassy gave me no answer.  I asked the question here on VJ and in 20 minutes I had a 7 word answer that was exactly the info I was looking for.  Not really difficult.

I agree with the OP that what was requested by the OP would be very useful. Again, thankfully some of that info can be found here at VJ.  But as the OP also stated, this is not always easy because some of the timelines on VJ are only partially filled in and some contain obvious errors.

We all have different experiences in the visa process and some have good experiences in one area where others have bad.  In general I found the US organizations slower but more "predictable" than my experiences with the foreign elements that must be dealt with (to get docs etc.) and at one point was literally looking to see if the officer was armed with a pistol because I really did not know what was going to happen next.......    No I was not antagonizing him because I could not speak his language.  $2700 "fixed" it.  Yes this is an adventure.  But yes I agree with the OP.

In regard to the statement by the OP:  NVC publishes how many visas are issued by each post every month for 2 months before

This would be great info but I have not seen it.  Where is it available?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
12 hours ago, Steve Mao said:

The OP did not ask for results of the interviews, only which DQ date was sent to each embassy.

It seems this would be manageable to publish, but perhaps not, there are a lot of embassies.

Fortunately some of those answers can be found here at VJ.

As for the comment "You can always reach out to the relevant embassy and ask for a timeline or ask them what cases are being processed." 

I'm sure not all embassies are the same but when I did this (in Jan 2021) the reply was rather curt and did not even seem as if the reply was intended for the message I sent, it was as if it were a chat bot, and not a very good one.   NVC did answer my email, after a week, which is fine, they are busy and they show that it will take a week.  The problem is that the reply was only marginally better than that of the embassy.  It gave me half an answer where the embassy gave me no answer.  I asked the question here on VJ and in 20 minutes I had a 7 word answer that was exactly the info I was looking for.  Not really difficult.

I agree with the OP that what was requested by the OP would be very useful. Again, thankfully some of that info can be found here at VJ.  But as the OP also stated, this is not always easy because some of the timelines on VJ are only partially filled in and some contain obvious errors.

We all have different experiences in the visa process and some have good experiences in one area where others have bad.  In general I found the US organizations slower but more "predictable" than my experiences with the foreign elements that must be dealt with (to get docs etc.) and at one point was literally looking to see if the officer was armed with a pistol because I really did not know what was going to happen next.......    No I was not antagonizing him because I could not speak his language.  $2700 "fixed" it.  Yes this is an adventure.  But yes I agree with the OP.

In regard to the statement by the OP:  NVC publishes how many visas are issued by each post every month for 2 months before

I am glad you have seen the point I was coming from. Only thing I would expect from NVC is that for each month to inform us which documentarily qualified date was the last that have been able to get an interview date. That's all.

NVC publishes immigrant visa issuance on below link. Generally they update it every 20th of the month for the previous month. This month they haven't update for January 2021 yet, I believe it is because 20th of this month is weekend. So probably will be updated at 23rd.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics/immigrant-visa-statistics/monthly-immigrant-visa-issuances.html

On this link we can see a long history of immigrant visa issuance. It is not showing the total applications, AP or denials. Just how many is issued. That is still a very useful information that shows which embassy is working and how they are working compared the previous months. Publishing a similar document to this for the queue wouldnt be that hard.

12 hours ago, Steve Mao said:

It's actually the Visa Office (not NVC) that publishes the visa issuance statistics -- https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-statistics.html

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.