Joe Kano

Traveling to Philippines - How long of visa will they give me?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Visa is not required for US citizens to enter Philippines.

Wrong, You will still need a visa see the BI notification a week ago.

"“Spouse and minor children of Filipinos traveling with them who are not in possession of valid entry visas issued by our foreign posts abroad will not be allowed entry,” said Morente. The resolution states that they will be subject to the same testing and quarantine protocols applicable to Filipinos."

Jordan

7 hours ago, Joe Kano said:

Do I still need a visa to enter the Philippines if I travel with my wife who still holds a PI passport from the USA to Philippines?

Or is the BB Visa open again?

Yes you need a visa. At this point between the number of PCR tests that you will need, along with the quarantines required on arrival there, and also upon your return to US, it may not be worth going unless there is some sort of emergency. I am personally waiting for things to loosen up a bit.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 hours ago, Jordan & Jenet said:

Wrong, You will still need a visa see the BI notification a week ago.

"“Spouse and minor children of Filipinos traveling with them who are not in possession of valid entry visas issued by our foreign posts abroad will not be allowed entry,” said Morente. The resolution states that they will be subject to the same testing and quarantine protocols applicable to Filipinos."

Jordan

Unless something was changed, every time I traveled to PI I never needed a visa.  The last time I went was 2016.

12 minutes ago, payxibka said:

Have you heard about the pandemic,  the world has changed.  Philippines is requiring visas for EVERY non citizen for about a year now.

To clarify for the OP, if you need to travel as a tourist, you need to get the visa in your home country at a Philippines embassy.  I think you can get validity for up to a year, but you still need to extend it periodically while in country.

Effective tomorrow, February 16th, they are opening up a bit, but the above still applies.  I can't post the link right now; Check the Philippines Immigration website.

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Timeline
1 hour ago, payxibka said:

Have you heard about the pandemic,  the world has changed.  Philippines is requiring visas for EVERY non citizen for about a year now.

Of course I know about the pandemic.  Just never paid too much attention to that country. I appreciate the update though.

Edited by Ed&Midori1031

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Ed&Midori1031 said:

Of course I know about the pandemic.  Just never paid too much attention to that country. I appreciate the update though.

It's affected pretty much the entire world. US citizens are only able to enter a couple dozen countries or so at the moment.... Almost a full year since borders were closed. 

Just now, NoMansLand2020 said:

Edited by NoMansLand2020

Timeline

This is the Feb 2021 update 

"

13 February 2021
PRESS RELEASE
BI readies implementation of revised travel restrictions
MANILA, Philippines—Bureau of Immigration (BI) Commissioner Jaime Morente announced that they will be implementing the resolution of the Inter-Agency Task Force for the Management of Emerging Infectious Diseases (IATF) on expanding the list of foreigners allowed entry to the Philippines, starting February 16.
In an advisory released by the BI yesterday, following IATF Resolution No. 98, beginning February 16, those with valid and existing visas who were not permitted to enter the country under the previous IATF resolutions are now allowed to enter.
“Additional categories with existing visas are now allowed to enter,” said Morente. The list includes foreigners with valid 9(g) working visas, 9(f) student visas, Special Visa for Employment Generation (SVEG), and Special Investors Residence Visa (SIRV) under EO 63, issued on or prior to March 20, 2020 may now enter the country.
It can be recalled that in March, the government imposed the Enhanced Community Quarantine (ECQ) in the entire Luzon due to the spread of Covid-19.
“It will allow those who were unable to return due to the travel restrictions,” said Morente. “However, those whose visas were issued after March 20 would still need to present an exemption from the Department of Foreign Affairs upon entry,” he added.
The resolution adds that holders of Special Resident and Retirees Visa (SRRV), and 9(a) temporary visitor’s visa may also be allowed to enter, as long as they present an entry exemption document.
BI Port Operations Division Chief Atty. Candy Tan details that not all tourists may be allowed entry.
“Tourists would need to present a pre-applied entry exemption document. The entry exemption document may be requested from the DFA’s Philippine posts abroad, subject to their assessment and approval,” said Tan.
Tan added that the visa free privileges of foreigners from 157 countries remains suspended.
“Those who wish to enter the country under a tourist status must secure an entry visa first,” said Tan. “Only those that fall under the balikbayan privilege may be granted visa-free entry,” he added.
A Balikbayan, by law, means a former Filipino, his or her spouse and children, and the spouse and children of a Filipino.
Tan reiterated that only those traveling with the Filipino or former Filipino spouse, and are nationals of visa-free countries under EO 408, are entitled to the balikbayan privilege. “If they will be entering the country without the Filipino or former Filipino spouse, then they would have to secure an entry visa,” she stated.
The BI said that all passengers are required to have a pre-booked accommodation for at least six nights in an accredited quarantine hotel or facility.
“Despite the inclusion of other categories, we are not expecting a major upsurge since the number of arriving passengers remain controlled,” said Tan. “Arrivals are subject to the maximum capacity of inbound passengers set by the National Task Force for Covid-19,” he added.
Morente warned that those who were cleared for entry but subsequently found to have presented a fake booking for a quarantine facility by the Department of Tourism (DOT) will be referred to the BI for deportation proceedings.
“We warn those who will try to circumvent quarantine requirements by presenting fake bookings,” said Morente. “We are in close coordination with the DOT, who will refer to us anyone found to have presented fake documents during their arrival,” he warned."

Timeline
3 hours ago, NoMansLand2020 said:

It's affected pretty much the entire world. US citizens are only able to enter a couple dozen countries or so at the moment.... Almost a full year since borders were closed. 

Of course I know about US citizens not able to visit Europe at the moment.  I just didn't pay too much attention to a lot of other countries.  

6 hours ago, RO_AH said:

Well if you are not informed about what someone is asking maybe just let others answer.

THIS

PHILIPPINES ONLY!!!  CFO (Commission on Filipinos Overseas) INFO - Can't leave home without it!

PDOS (Pre-Departure Registration and Orientation Seminar) is for ages 20-59.  Peer Counseling is for 13-19 years of age.

It is required to have the visa in their passport for PDOS and Peer Counseling.

GCP (Guidance and Counseling Program) is for K-1 Fiancee and IR/CR-1 spouse ONLY. 

IMG_5168.jpeg

Ill just comment on the 9a visa you can apply for based on being married to a Filipino or having a Filipino citizen child.  The 9a you will receive is good for 59 days and can be extended just like the normal 9a's could be.  I extended mine 2 months without issues.

As for the BB visa, someone else will need to comment.

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.